Author Topic: The Trivia Game  (Read 75841 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: The Trivia Game
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »
A hint: it's only ingame appearance is in one of the Dreamcast top games

Is the game Segagaga?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2016, 12:29:22 pm »
Is the game Segagaga?
As far as I know: no.
She made a cameo as a weapon of all things, in Phastasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.
SEG4GES

Offline Berto

« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2016, 01:29:18 am »
Finally found her name by accident when I was reading some old articles on Dreamcast Junkyard, lol.

She's Casko.

http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2006/04/perfect-woman.html

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2016, 02:31:44 pm »
Finally found her name by accident when I was reading some old articles on Dreamcast Junkyard, lol.

She's Casko.

http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2006/04/perfect-woman.html
Amazing! Yes it is!

Your turn Berto!
SEG4GES

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2016, 10:35:11 am »
Wow, very interesting! I had never seen that character... and apparently it's a capsule toy in Shenmue, according to that article. I'll have to keep an eye out for that as I play through it again.

Offline Berto

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2016, 01:45:43 am »
Amazing! Yes it is!

Your turn Berto!

Okay, here's my question :

This Sega Genesis game has a Sega Saturn floating around shown while you as a player driving to Saturn.
What game it is?

Offline Centrale

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2016, 10:22:11 am »
Whoa... good question. I have no idea. I know it would have to be a game late in the Genesis's lifespan...

Offline Berto

« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2016, 11:24:27 pm »
Whoa... good question. I have no idea. I know it would have to be a game late in the Genesis's lifespan...

Yes you are correct, since Sega Saturn is released in the Genesis's late lifespan.
That's a first hint.

Second Hint : This Genesis game is published by SEGA of America and only released on United States.
There is no Japanese or European version of the game.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »
Okay, I finally figured this one out via a bit of research! I looked up Sega Genesis games by year of release and tried to figure out which one would be likely to include "driving to Saturn." Finally I spotted a very likely candidate, and confirmed it via playing on an emulator. It's "The Magic School Bus: Space Exploration Game." I wasn't even aware this game existed, but it's funny because lately my 4-year-old daughter has really been into the Magic School Bus.

Berto, is this a game you played as a kid? Or did you discover the Saturn easter egg some other way?

Offline Berto

« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2016, 08:46:54 pm »
Okay, I finally figured this one out via a bit of research! I looked up Sega Genesis games by year of release and tried to figure out which one would be likely to include "driving to Saturn." Finally I spotted a very likely candidate, and confirmed it via playing on an emulator. It's "The Magic School Bus: Space Exploration Game." I wasn't even aware this game existed, but it's funny because lately my 4-year-old daughter has really been into the Magic School Bus.

Berto, is this a game you played as a kid? Or did you discover the Saturn easter egg some other way?

Bingo !!! Yup it's "The Magic School Bus: Space Exploration Game."

Actually I never played it when I was a kid.

I discover it recently when I bought some used SEGA Club games for my 5-year-old son.
Those SEGA Club Games I bought were Bonkers, Ecco Jr, The Berenstain Bears, Wacky Worlds, Sesame Street Counting Cafe, Math Blaster, The Magic School Bus: Space Exploration Game, and my son's favorite still until now : Richard Scarry's Busytown.

I tested all the games before giving it to my son, played them to make sure all the games was really kid-friendly, and that's how I found it.

Congrats Centrale, the next question is yours.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2016, 03:46:48 pm »
This co-op shooter (shmup to you young'ns) features a mixture of hand-drawn and CG-rendered artwork - a rarity for the early 90s. File this one under "cautionary tale of the perils of genetic engineering"... except, of course, the four ships you have to choose from are also products of genetic engineering. What is the name of this game?!

Offline Berto

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2016, 12:01:00 am »
This co-op shooter (shmup to you young'ns) features a mixture of hand-drawn and CG-rendered artwork - a rarity for the early 90s. File this one under "cautionary tale of the perils of genetic engineering"... except, of course, the four ships you have to choose from are also products of genetic engineering. What is the name of this game?!

Bio Hazard Battle?

Offline Centrale

« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2016, 09:45:41 am »
You got it! Bio-Hazard Battle has really nice graphics and is reminiscent of R-Type, but is not as famous. It has CG sprites like Donkey Kong Country, and was released two years earlier, but didn't make the kind of waves that DKC did. It's a cool, creepy game - perfect for the Halloween season. Give Bio-Hazard Battle some love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNseDYHJ2qY

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2016, 02:10:40 pm »
Next question!

Offline Berto

« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:16 pm »
All right !!!
Play Bio Hazard Battle a lot back than, but never managed to finish it. That game is so hard, but may be because I was never good at shmup.

My question : What's the name of the game this screenshot is taken from?