Author Topic: TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT  (Read 37205 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2015, 08:38:55 am »
I downloaded it last night, but my little one stayed up surprisingly late, so I'll try it tonight.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2015, 08:55:03 am »
I downloaded it last night, but my little one stayed up surprisingly late, so I'll try it tonight.

Is this some innuendo?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2015, 09:47:31 am »
He was just getting some practice in with his own trunk before hand...

/too far tad. Too far.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2015, 01:35:29 pm »
Is this some innuendo?

Sheeee... I wish, brother.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2015, 04:27:32 pm »
This has been a royal fuck-up on Steam.

Pre-Ordered it yesterday only to have it not available at midnight.

Finally download and go to play only to have problems with the executable file.

Check Steam community only to find out you have to rename the program to get it to run.

Get into the game only to have to configure it to my controller.

Get two levels in only to have a "Available this summer" title show up telling me my PAID game is a demo.

Want it on PS4? There's been a mistake there too as it's showing up for $40.

XB1 version is the only one that launched with no problems.

Great fucking job Sega.

"Tembo the Ass launch!"
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2015, 07:33:06 pm »
SEGA really fucked up the launch, maybe they set it way too close to their restructure date or is this just one of the many things to come from SEGA's new team?

Honestly think they dropped the ball so hard on social media. Come on, the game is called Tembo the badass Elephant and its made by Gamefreak and you can't gather excitement?

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 09:34:27 pm »
Sega once again doing what they do best: damning their games to poor sales and obscurity. 

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2015, 09:57:01 pm »
Seriously, this is exactly the issue that was discussed earlier in the month with Haruki Satomi's comments.  Even if it's a small digital download title, they should be working their hardest to push it.

I'm worried about Yakuza 5 and Dengeki Bunko now.

Offline George

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »
Yeah, I dunno who is working their social media but they could give a less of a fuck about their job. Seriously, how hard would it be to announce a release date for this and Spiral Knights spin-off early. Slowly give people features leading up to the month of release. Pulling the developers and PR and doing a twitch stream?

This whole launch is pathetic.

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2015, 10:08:46 pm »
I mean it's great that we have Ruby back on for Sonic, can't we have someone of similar enthusiasm for the rest of SEGA PR?  I feel like the fanbases are going to have to try and pick up the slack again.

Sony is at least doing the interview Q&A for Yakuza 5...which we've kind of had before with Dev Diaries at least with titles such as Sonic CD and some of the other digital re-releases.

Offline George

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2015, 11:35:56 pm »
Can we also talk about how their blogs new work? I dunno, stuff like 'SEGA Games in Flash Sale' and 'SEGA Titles in Amazon Prime Day Sale' just sounds boring. If there is one thing I know about, its blogging about SEGA and their titles are just not great. I love that they are still doing the interview translations, but whats up with the lack of Tembo posts?

http://blogs.sega.com/

Also their wordpress needs a new skin...

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2015, 01:09:05 am »
Can we also talk about how their blogs new work? I dunno, stuff like 'SEGA Games in Flash Sale' and 'SEGA Titles in Amazon Prime Day Sale' just sounds boring. If there is one thing I know about, its blogging about SEGA and their titles are just not great. I love that they are still doing the interview translations, but whats up with the lack of Tembo posts?

http://blogs.sega.com/

Also their wordpress needs a new skin...

That SEGA blogs ran out by three people from SOA, and that's how the blog felt now, an American SEGA blog, lost in touch with SEGA of Japan and SEGA of Europe.

CMIIW, Tembo is published by SEGA Europe Ltd, that's why may be every time I see enthusiasm from SEGA about this game, it's always from John  Clark (the Senior Vice President of Commercial Publishing for Sega Europe), not from SOA.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2015, 02:00:13 am »
Sega once again doing what they do best: damning their games to poor sales and obscurity. 
Really sad because this game is really good

Offline George

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2015, 03:01:02 am »
That SEGA blogs ran out by three people from SOA, and that's how the blog felt now, an American SEGA blog, lost in touch with SEGA of Japan and SEGA of Europe.

CMIIW, Tembo is published by SEGA Europe Ltd, that's why may be every time I see enthusiasm from SEGA about this game, it's always from John  Clark (the Senior Vice President of Commercial Publishing for Sega Europe), not from SOA.

I think this is the issue right there, SEGA 'Europe' game so in turn SEGA America and Japan ignore it exists. Great policy for a company, why not have a joint effort at pushing it. I feel like SEGA still acts the same way they did in 1995.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2015, 04:47:37 am »
If their marketing team don't give a hoot, can I have a go at the job? I know very little on the financial side of it, but I'm pretty confident and would be determined to get my games out there in the public eye!!

I mean, that's marketing 101 right there!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:50:52 am by Tad »