Author Topic: Super Hero Movie Jamboree!  (Read 9009 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Super Hero Movie Jamboree!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 08:09:17 pm »
Is it just shuffling the scenes and deleting some scenes or does it has never been seen footage?
If so how many minutes?

All I read was a news post somewhere that they deleted the sex scene, which is weird cause they actually built up to it quite well.

About 30 minutes of additional scenes including a whole subplot of a trial in which Matt Murdock defends a drug addict played by Coolio. Also, they do remove the sex scene as they alter the whole way their relationship plays out. The cut actually really changes the movie and makes it darker in some spots and the changes are good all around.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 01:35:04 pm »
It has been ages since I last saw it but i'll see if I can find it somewhere and let you know what I think.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 08:00:58 am »
You know, a new Daredevil movie would be excellent if it was directed by Ben Affleck himself.

I saw Gone Baby Gone and it was excellent. Haven't seen The Town, but I hear it's also pretty good.

He's really proven himself to be a great crime drama director. And Daredevil is all about being a gritty crime drama.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 08:07:38 am »
That's a good point max, Affleck isn't my favorite actor but he is a good director. Combine his directing skills with his understanding of the Daredevil character (as he has already played him), cast a new Daredevil and I'd think you'd have a pretty great movie!

Just make sure the reboot isn't set in Boston.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 08:30:33 am »
Actually Boston might be a better fit for DD when you think about it, but i perfer Hells kicthen anyday of the week. They could go with frank miller to direct a reboot if they were brave enough.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 04:08:37 pm »
Isn't Miller, just a writer?

A quick wiki/imdb search shows he has some directing experience as he co-directed SinCity, but come on people Robert Rodriguez was the real director on set furthermore there is even another dude credited as Director.

The only movie he has made himself is "The Spirit" which I don't know anything about except that IMDB has given it a 4.

@ Barry: Now I don't know Americas Geography as well as you and I know you live close to Boston, but in the movie he was from Hell's Kitchen (which I believe is a nick name for New York or a place in New York).

Offline max_cady

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 05:28:26 pm »
The Spirit is the only movie Frank Miller directed and let's hope it stay that way.

I've seen it. It is terrible. Not Catwoman bad, but close enough.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 03:33:30 pm »
Here's the first trailer for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFHyPLaENRE#ws

I'm kinda liking the visuals for Ghost Rider better in this trailer, I just hope we get to see some actual villains in their comic book form this time. Blackheart could've been so much cooler in in the original film if they had shown his demonic form.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 08:23:58 am »
A little late to the party, but I'm right there with Barry on the X-Men and Superman franchises.

The Ghost Rider trailer looks pretty promising. The original was a pretty fun time at the movies, and it looks like they're going all out with this one.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 06:33:11 pm »
First Ghost Rider movie had some of the worse acting ever...

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 11:25:24 am »
The one part of Ghost Rider I liked was that the old and New Gost Rider ride together to go fight Blackheart.  Then they get there and thr old guy is like, okay, I need to get going now..  :(

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 07:25:36 pm »
Yeah that was a weird scene from what I recall they quickly introduced some crap about the number of times you can turn into the rider and when the sun came up the old guy had used his last turn.

So now Nicky was on his own, basically he was showing him the route.

Stupid scene, but that movie as a whole was probably the worst Super Hero movie for it's time, if not to date.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 03:49:51 am »
Here are two juicy news bits...

First new pics of Anne Hathaway in full Catwoman suit:

Also Magneto's apparentely running for a Robocop role.