Author Topic: Binary Domain new trailer!!! Oh Shiiiiiiiiit !  (Read 40018 times)

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Binary Domain new trailer!!! Oh Shiiiiiiiiit !
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2011, 01:26:22 pm »
They didn't even try putting original weapons in this game, did they? :/

this was on purpose. they said before that they don't want to create anything in this game like if it was from the year 2300 and this is including weapons, robot designs.. etc
they are aiming for a believable 2080 settings.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2011, 08:59:53 am »
this was on purpose. they said before that they don't want to create anything in this game like if it was from the year 2300 and this is including weapons, robot designs.. etc
they are aiming for a believable 2080 settings.
You could still create original weapons in a 2080 setting. Else it's just a dumb excuse for lazy design.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2011, 09:19:11 am »
You could still create original weapons in a 2080 setting. Else it's just a dumb excuse for lazy design.
don't bother criticizing the game here. You'll get screamed at.
Just trying to save you from some trouble =

It's an unspoken rule that you can't criticize anything by Nagoshi
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:20:46 am by ShadiNeko »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2011, 11:41:14 am »
don't bother criticizing the game here. You'll get screamed at.
Just trying to save you from some trouble =

It's an unspoken rule that you can't criticize anything by Nagoshi

Yeeeeah no, people have been vocal about the graphics of the Yakuza game being dated and when this game was first announced, it was almost universially panned by all members on this very forum.

There is no need for reversionist history simply because you got into an argument with people about it.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:35 pm »
They didn't even try putting original weapons in this game, did they? :/
Honestly, who does? there are few games that really has "original weapons".

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2011, 02:06:04 pm »

Or if they do it's usually just one original weapon. As long as the firearms are satisfying to use we're good!
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2011, 02:07:28 pm »

not to mention that one of greatest shooters ever created "HALO" telling a story in the 26th century, even though most of the human weapons are designed like your usual basic weapons!

can we expect a laser beam weapon in 2080 ?!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:09:27 pm by Suzuki Yu »

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2011, 02:30:46 pm »

Most popular games do have unique weapons. Gears of War - which this is inspired by - added things like chainsaw bayonets and flail-grenades to make things more interesting.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »
I like that they are going the basic route with these weapons. 2080 is not that far off, and while firearm technology will obviously improve till then, it is very unlikely we will see laser-based weapons or anything like that. Besides, Binary Domain's strong points come from it's use of AI and how parts of enemies fall apart. I really am excited to see how they will use the environment to do things like hold themselves up when they are missing a leg and the like, very cool stuff.

I hate when games like Conduit try WAY too hard to create overly unique weapons and I just get confused with what does what and how to properly use anything. It is unnecessary and only the biggest fans learn these that well.

Halo games usually have a great balance with this stuff where the human weapons damage flesh more, but barely do much to shields and visa versa. Binary Domain does not really need anything like that because the focus is on planned team strategies, not bursting into the heat of battle.

And for Shadi's comments... What? Almost everyone here hates OF THE END and I do not even think the last two Super Monkey Ball games even HAD a topic on these forums. Where the Hell have you been?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:46:39 pm by Sega Uranus »

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »
It's likely the game will have some kind of original weapon, they are probably just saving the cool stuff for the end.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2011, 04:57:35 pm »
The game also has close range combat, which they have not shown off yet. I assume you can use broken robot limbs as melee weapons.

Either way, we reaaaally have not seen enough of the game for people to entirely call of the game already. February 2012 is still a really long ways away.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2011, 07:17:56 am »
Woyyy, these new trailers look really good... voice acting is competent... weapons look nice, and the destructibility of the robots looks fantastic.

I think there's going to be some other element to the robots, not just that they think they're human, with manufactured memories like the replicants in Blade Runner... but that they are partially organic, and have been raised from babies -- remember the ending of the first trailer?
Yes but isn't this game kinda grounded in realism? I don't think you could grow robot babies but if he's using that film Artificial Intelligence as inspiration as well, maybe they just change bodies to give the illusion that they are growing/aging normally.