Author Topic: Binary Domain new trailer!!! Oh Shiiiiiiiiit !  (Read 40020 times)

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Binary Domain new trailer!!! Oh Shiiiiiiiiit !
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 10:58:41 pm »
Quote from: "George"
Hey, Sonic Chronicles has SEGA Nerds name in it... wait.. does it? I never finished it to find out.

What the hell even happened to those guys, fallen giants? I remember they merged with another site and their readers didn't seem to like it much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 11:03:54 pm »
Well, Sharky and me wrote there for awhile. Graham (G) now works as a writer on a magazine about glass (and a bank again as well... not sure). Chris go re-married and has like 80 kids and adopted one, has a new site he is trying to get off the ground. Nathan (Segaholic2) works as an editor for several website and still does his forum poster over a GHZ: http://www.theghz.com/

As for what happen to the site, well... its hosted over at the Kartel but is basically dead right now.

I still talk to all of them and I still hate Sharky.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 11:07:50 pm »
I am not talking about his history and experience but the way he presents himself as a gamedeveloper and producer. And yeah since he has taken over we've gotten colors and now sonic generations, it just doesn't seem like enough though. It'd be nice to see a sonic game being presented and allready good looking where he gives the impression, even if it doesn't look bad, that he aims for much better. The famous ceiling running statement still bugs me.

Sonic colors was nice and sonic generations looks to becoming nice as well but a sonic game deserves more than just recycled straightforward gameplay and classic throwback with physics that arent on par with 20 year old games. It would take a better leader to make a sonic game on par with todays standards of gaming whereas back then sonic was setting the standards.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 11:17:59 pm »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"
Hey, Sonic Chronicles has SEGA Nerds name in it... wait.. does it? I never finished it to find out.

What the hell even happened to those guys, fallen giants? I remember they merged with another site and their readers didn't seem to like it much.

This site is basically an off-shoot of SegaNerds. George and I set this place up when we became angry at the new take over...
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 11:21:28 pm »
Well, Sharky and me wrote there for awhile. Graham (G) now works as a writer on a magazine about glass (and a bank again as well... not sure). Chris go re-married and has like 80 kids and adopted one, has a new site he is trying to get off the ground. Nathan (Segaholic2) works as an editor for several website and still does his forum poster over a GHZ: http://www.theghz.com/

As for what happen to the site, well... its hosted over at the Kartel but is basically dead right now.

I still talk to all of them and I still hate Sharky.

I was never a member there, but back when I ran SegaFanatic and I had the term 'Sega' in my google alerts (of course) sometimes it popped up and I'd go check in. I think remember reading Sharky's name over there, and that makes sense because on RadioSEGA I think he was SharkySN.

Quote from: "Sharky"

This site is basically an off-shoot of SegaNerds. George and I set this place up when we became angry at the new take over...

If you don't mind me asking, what did they do that you guys didn't like? Towards the end of Segafanatic we were gonna build a editable wiki portion where we could aggregate community review scores on sega titles new and old. It also allowed for written reviews, not just scores, more of it was built but parts of it have been pulled down. We never finished it.

The front page to the beta is still standing though http://http://sandbox.segafanatic.com/

Offline George

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 11:33:00 pm »
Sharky has his own personal reasons. For me, it felt like I did most of the work and had zero say in calling shots. Its not always true, G is a great person and would ask me for opinions. My decisions came from the information he and Chris feed me, thus information kept changing.

Basically we had a terms of contract for the SEGA Nerds merger with the site that we won't name here. I agreed that if those (mostly selfish reasons) where meet, I would write articles for them.

In the end the agreements changed and I was the one doing most of the work. I decided to leave. After awhile me and sharky started talking about writing together. We were going to join some of the (awesome) established SEGA blogs out there, but in the end I didn't want to feel like I had to ask for permission to do what I wanted. So I got together with Sharky, Shadi and there was another coder for the site.. that did the original look.. I forget his name...

Also, Yes, I seen your site. I was actually thinking of contacting you to see if you were willing to sell the url name when the only thing that sounded good was 'sega fanatic'.  Took me awhile to get SEGA Bits.. though it seems quite obvious.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 11:42:26 pm »
Sharky has his own personal reasons. For me, it felt like I did most of the work and had zero say in calling shots. Its not always true, G is a great person and would ask me for opinions. My decisions came from the information he and Chris feed me, thus information kept changing.

Basically we had a terms of contract for the SEGA Nerds merger with the site that we won't name here. I agreed that if those (mostly selfish reasons) where meet, I would write articles for them.

In the end the agreements changed and I was the one doing most of the work. I decided to leave. After awhile me and sharky started talking about writing together. We were going to join some of the (awesome) established SEGA blogs out there, but in the end I didn't want to feel like I had to ask for permission to do what I wanted. So I got together with Sharky, Shadi and there was another coder for the site.. that did the original look.. I forget his name...

Also, Yes, I seen your site. I was actually thinking of contacting you to see if you were willing to sell the url name when the only thing that sounded good was 'sega fanatic'.  Took me awhile to get SEGA Bits.. though it seems quite obvious.

Surprised neither of you ended up at SegaShiro, I considered hopping over there. Even contacted Fob and he offered me the opportunity but I wasn't sure I wanted to leave SegaFanatic yet. I loved writing about SEGA, but it's a lot of work, and I did almost all the writing by myself (~90% of all posts were mine). Exhausting.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:49:44 pm by TaroYamada »

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 11:45:06 pm »
 Sharky & George are the only 2 Trolls on this forum. Be careful!

Offline George

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 12:09:42 am »

Surprised neither of you ended up at SegaShiro, I considered hopping over there. Even contacted Fob and he offered me the opportunity but I wasn't sure I wanted to leave SegaFanatic yet. I loved writing about SEGA, but it's a lot of work, and I did almost all the writing by myself (~90% of all posts were mine). Exhausting.
Yeah, I did articles for SEGA Nerds a few weeks after the merger and it felt like I had a new boss (which is basically true). Was limited in what I could do and did about 95% of the writing... even more most likely.

I don't mind the writing, but writing for someone eases gain? Especially when this person is not even a SEGA fan? No thanks.

SegaShiro was the one site we considered writing for.

STORM! is right, TROLOLOLOL.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:59 am »
Wow, this game looks not-shit now. I'm impressed.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 06:13:48 am »
I'd like to really know how the squad based gameplay is going to affect the battles in this title, Nagoshi and his team seem to be putting a lot of effort putting out how amazing and great that will be and it's probably what is going to set it apart.

Personally want to see how the storyline is going to be, I am expecting a Yakuza 1 situation, horrible dub that is unable to be taken seriously at times but an entertaining storyline underneath it.

Also that giant spider robot battle looked amazing. But I'm a sucker for giant boss fights.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 06:41:08 am »
now can you people imagine Yakuza 5 using this engine?
oh yes i want.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 06:47:08 am »
Speaking of Yakuza, it's pretty funny when you look at the Americans from Yakuza how less generic they look compared to this lot here, I suppose some of that could be upto the clothing they wear though (Gary Buster Holmes in his green top, Mack in his all black getup, although he looked like Eddie Murphy, Richardson in his leather overcoat)

Hell even that cyborg looked more distinctive than the main character!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 09:29:46 am »
Honestly I think the main character looks are pretty unique and original. Imo in a good way but maybe some would disagree :p

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 12:49:12 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Wow, that was surprising, I was not quite expecting the game to jump THAT much, still need to see a lot more though.

But for now, eh, they've finally gotten my attention again (And I quite like a good man vs machine story, although come on, there should be good machines too if they develop free will :[ )

Also only badasses invade Rampaging Robot's Evil HQ with jet skis.

I've a hunch the people will end up being the unwitting villains, playing stooge to some corporation trying to clean up some mess. The robots will be much more sympathetically portrayed, I'm sure.