Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread - Sega Edition!  (Read 38718 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Random Thoughts Thread - Sega Edition!
« on: January 10, 2012, 05:49:28 pm »

This is basically just a place to put random Sega related thoughts that don't really need a thread but do need to be said.

Like this.

'Dogs of the AMS, time they made a move' is one of those quotes that have stuck with me for YEARS. In fact sometimes I catch myself saying it for no good reason. If anyone ever tried to tell me that 'So bad that it's good' doesn't make sense, this quote would be the prime example of them being wrong.
Made by SEGA

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Random Thoughts Thread - Sega Edition!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 07:32:49 pm »
Good thread. I was remembering Castle and land of Ilusion, for the SEGA Master System. Fantastic games. I love the SMS, i still have the mine.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:14:53 pm »

This is basically just a place to put random Sega related thoughts that don't really need a thread but do need to be said.

Like this.

'Dogs of the AMS, time they made a move' is one of those quotes that have stuck with me for YEARS. In fact sometimes I catch myself saying it for no good reason. If anyone ever tried to tell me that 'So bad that it's good' doesn't make sense, this quote would be the prime example of them being wrong.

Me and my friend have a bunch of lines from HotD2 that stuck with us.

"I'm fine, but Harry's..."
"No. Why...."

"Can't be! You're..."
"Yes... I'm...." (Not actually said in the game)

And of course my friend always thought that when the guy says
"G's Bloodstains!"
he was actually saying
"Geez, Bloodstains!"

Also I always say 'Hot dog! Yyyyyes!' like El Blaze when something good happens.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:01 pm »
Lol. the line that always stuck with me is "I don't wanna die". Love the way he says that

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:57:30 am »
Jacky Bryant's "Go ahead, knock youself out!"

I'll say it, when it all comes down to it, Jacky Bryant is the most awesome fighter in a fighting game who doesn't even have a fleshed out backstory or something like that. His quotes alone almost paint the perfect picture in my mind.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 06:11:37 am »
Jacky Bryant's "Go ahead, knock youself out!"

I'll say it, when it all comes down to it, Jacky Bryant is the most awesome fighter in a fighting game who doesn't even have a fleshed out backstory or something like that. His quotes alone almost paint the perfect picture in my mind.

Damn you beat me to it I think the quotes in VF2 with him and his sister was probably the best in the series. None of the others have come close since then.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 09:15:40 am »
This isn't a sega thought exactly but it sums it all up for me...

"They came up with a darn good game."

90s Nintendo of America president Minoru Arakawa reffering to Sega's acheivements with the first Sonic the Hedgehog game.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 09:22:08 am »
I know it has been rereleased far too much, but the Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 remains to be one of my favorite Dreamcast titles. Even beating out SA1 and SA2. It's just so damn fun and a legitimately solid 3D platformer. Years later I still play it from time to time, and since it has widescreen support and I have a Dreamcast VGA box, I really want to start the game from scratch and replay it.

Lovely HD video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nXurC9hMXg

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »
Don't come!
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 09:15:10 pm »
While looking for Yakuza Battle music, I found this video of Shaggy from Scooby Doo playing Yakuza 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAeShArlJBA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 07:59:42 am »
That History of Sonic book has been pushed to February due to SEGA of Japan taking longer than expected on their edits.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:23:43 am »
I actually think Sonic Adventure has some rather funny mouth movements.

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 07:30:18 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy_hDFVFXMc&feature=related

Mister Nagoshi and Mister Yamadera talking about BD...Yamadera is the VA for AKiyama and Dan...there some scenes from the game and is funny hear the voice of Akiyama...

He is not in this video, but the VA for Big Bo is the same VA that did the voice of Ryuji Goda...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:32:54 pm by SEGA_Portuguese »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 07:41:55 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy_hDFVFXMc&feature=related

Mister Nagoshi and Mister Yamadera talking about BD...Yamadera is the VA for AKiyama and Dan...there some scenes from the game and is funny hear the voice of Akiyama...

He is not in this video, but the VA for Big Bo is the same VA that did the voice of Ryuji Goda...

I remember when I first saw Akiyama's voice actor originally and shocked at how old he looked, I was not expecting that at all.

Neither was I expecting Kiryu's voice actor to more or less look like him, or how Hana has a slim and attractive voice actress. That being said Majima's VA seems just as crazy as him. Must be fun for whoever gets to record these guys and gals acting.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 09:25:57 pm »
Theres a Sonic the Fighters arcade cabinet on ebay for $500. It's pick up only, located in Wisconsin. I told my dad bout it, who lives 3 hours away from the sellers location, and we joked around about getting it. Nothing will probably come of it, I don't have the $500 at the moment and he'd need to find a way to transport it and store it. But, we haven't stopped talking about it yet. So who knows...

If it doesn't sell in the next few days, my dad *might* go for it, but it's a huge might.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:27:29 pm by Barry the Nomad »