Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread - Sega Edition!  (Read 38805 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Random Thoughts Thread - Sega Edition!
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:41 pm »
Damn, Yakuza 4 is very cutscene heavy during part 1...

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 07:02:41 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQyENp6JZsA[/youtube]
SEG4GES

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 11:56:57 am »
Youtube taken down James nintendo nerd's channel. I go to NG, and read: "oh, i am pretty much sure it's fucking SEGA!!".

I go to twitter, people sending messages for SEGA: "assholes, you fucking crusade against S. Force videos killed James's channel!"

And a lot of places around the internet, people already blamming SEGA.

So, one day later, the channel is back, apparently it was a mistake and SEGA has nothing to do with this.
The person who did this: http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/jaekwon15/avgn_zps7cd77aff.png

I am just imagining Kelly and the others having to deal with the haters every day. And the thing is, EA and other companies are taking down videos way before SEGA, and someone said something like : "oh, SEGA is the one to blame because they started this whole thing and now the other companies are gonna do the same".

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2013, 10:21:13 am »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Most of you might know that I maintain a smaller blog devoted to portable SEGA gaming, The Nomad Junkyard. I started this blog long before writing for any other SEGA site, and truthfully I made it as a way to not only be a part of the SEGA blogging community, but to also hopefully make my way into the writers groups for the SEGA Junkyard blogs.

Since then, Sharky/Ryan asked me to join SEGAbits so I could act as a bridge between SEGAbits and the various Junkyard blogs (as well as SEGA Memories). Due to me being a contributor to a number of blogs, my contributions to the blog that started it all (The Nomad Junkyard) have been few and far between. However, I've recently decided to make it a goal to at least write a monthly article that recaps the handheld SEGA games announced and released each month. I'll also try and write one or two more articles a month that are related to handheld SEGA games or simply being "on-the-go". One of my favorite articles to write for the blog wasn't so much news as it was writing about going on trips and taking a handheld device with me. Just sharing what I played, and what I saw on the trip that was SEGA related.

Anyway, here is my first of the monthly recap posts I mentioned:

http://the-nomad-junkyard.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-handheld-sega-games-of-february.html

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2013, 05:32:38 pm »
I must be a glutten for punishment because I've gone back to Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

I re-bought the game from Amazon a few days ago and I've been replaying it ever since, especially since I want to finish unlocking all those special swords.

Oddly enough, GA: BR seems to hold somewhat decentely in the graphics department. The cutscenes are somewhat tolerable in quality.

I think the HDMI does wonders to it visually, it has a fairly impressive thunder effect.

The thing that hasn't change overall, is the difficulty. Beast Rider is one tough game... If you anyone here has played Dark Souls... I have to ask, is Beast Rider as difficult as Dark Souls? If so what's the main difference?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37:24 pm »
^Just get Dark Souls, it's an amazing game. If you get it on Xbox let me know and we can co-op :)

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 03:55:00 pm »
I've gone back to Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

What is wrong with you?

Offline max_cady

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2013, 05:24:14 pm »
Battered housewife syndrome, I guess...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2013, 11:53:46 am »
WTF?

http://www.gamesradar.com/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-2-roster/

Guest character: Beat from Jet Set Radio??

As somebody said in the comments:

Is...is this article an April Fool's joke, or are you seriously advocating Beat from Jet SET Radio be in a Playstation game? JSR on the Dreamcast, JSRF on the XBOX...only the multiformat HD version on a Sony console.
</fanboy rage>

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2013, 02:21:56 pm »
Barry, have you/would you write a review for the SEGA handhelds that have popped up since, like the RetroGen's and such? I'd love to see the definitive handheld comparison video.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2013, 02:35:23 pm »
I would if I owned any! I'm interested to see what the Retrogen is like, but don't want to spend $60 on it...

From what I know, however, no portable Genesis device matches the Nomad when it comes to sound quality. Also, Nomad has video out and a controller port. Only thing the post-Nomad portables can offer that one-ups the Nomad is screen quality and pre-loaded games.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:36:56 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2013, 07:16:27 pm »
I had one I won at #the_Kartel #SWAG

It's buttons stopped working after  2 weeks
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2013, 04:36:44 am »
I wish SEGA made more franchises on either the 3DS or Vita Handhelds...even if they were very simplistic. :(
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2013, 07:45:52 am »
Agreed. I've already played all the SEGA 3DS games, I need more!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2013, 08:38:16 am »
Yeah 3DS has had some good stuff so far. But SEGA hasn't made serious projects yet, well apart from rhythm thief which sadly didn't meet financial expectations.