Author Topic: Passionate SEGA Discussion Topic for TA & ROJM and anyone else  (Read 40862 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Passionate SEGA Discussion Topic for TA & ROJM and anyone else
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:57:01 pm »
Admit edit: Debate topic for all SEGA related things!

original post below:

====================

But which big time company isn't these days.

Ubisoft, EA, Take Two
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:10:07 pm by Will »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Re: SEGA's 2013 Plans
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:30 am »
Actually I've been making the point that SEGA been rather poor and a shadow of its former self (non Arcade ) for years .
That's news to me. Considering that i've been harping on about the arcade content being far superior(until recently, latest efforts haven't been great) to their third party efforts for years now.

Offline Team Andromeda

Re: Re: SEGA's 2013 Plans
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:26:57 pm »
Sega owns the rights to BAYONETTA just because Ninty is publishing it doesn't stop it from being a Sega property

its not a SEGA game .

That's news to me. Considering that i've been harping on about the arcade content being far superior

Try no I haven't . You used to go on  about this great SEGA plan and document . I've been saying for years that bar a few lines, SEGA Japan have simply failed to get their next gen production lines up to next gen levels .

That's like saying Tecmo lost all rights to Ninja Gaiden 3 when that was exclusivly published by nintendo

NG III was published by Temco on the PS3 and 360.

Sega again with SHENMUE 2 when Microsoft published it.

Funny you should bring up Shenmue , who made that game AM#2 or CRI ?. We can all play the IP game when it suits us .

Capcom seems to love angering their fans

? They've been very good . RE 6 was good and Dragon Dogma pretty shit hot and DMC is simply brilliant too  and their framework engine is rather special .
At least Capcom is making sequels to it major IP on main consoles
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

Passionate SEGA Discussion Topic for TA & ROJM and anyone else
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 10:29:25 am »

its not a SEGA game .
It is. Legally.

Try no I haven't . You used to go on  about this great SEGA plan and document . I've been saying for years that bar a few lines, SEGA Japan have simply failed to get their next gen production lines up to next gen levels .

Actually i was saying that for years.  When people were trashing Sega i've been saying that the arcade side was delivering back in the GR forums and the Sega forums.  I don't remember you saying that. Because some people like to think Sega is all about the consumer division now.

You used to go on  about this great SEGA plan and document .
Oddly enough Sega was saying that themselves too. Its not my fault they didn't deliver but then that's depends on opinion...and circumstance.

NG III was published by Temco on the PS3 and 360.
Not on nintendo.

Funny you should bring up Shenmue , who made that game AM#2 or CRI ?. We can all play the IP game when it suits us .

Like you did with BAYONETTA? The point is, it doesn't stop being a Sega game because someone else is publishing it. Did FZERO stop being a nintendo game when Sega frigging developed it for Gamecube and arcade?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:52:16 pm by Will »

Offline ROJM

Re: SEGA Discussion Topic for TA & ROJM
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 10:30:21 am »
I believe Company of Heroes 2 is out this year, with the recent purchase, that's another game in SEGA's 2013 plan.

Yes, a good addition to the Sega family. But there's another game called ATLUS that Relic is developing and according to Sega they purchased all the IPs connected with Relic. So that's another title coming from Sega scheduled for 2014.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:34:11 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:39 am »
Can anyone give me some background on Relic as a Developer?

I have no knowledge of them but from what I read they make great RTS'?

My question is why are SEGA strengthening their RTS line up when Total War is something they could live on forever? Not saying buying Relic is a bad thing, just curious to know what this means now for CA?

Also, any news on Hardlight? Their game got cancelled didn't it?

They tried to make inroads before on the PC market when Simon Jeffery was in charge but that failed when they screwed up UNIVERSE AT WAR's release and some of the partnerships with other developers didn't pan out like the people who made SPACE SEIGE.
I think this aquisition has more to do with trying to make an impact in the american PC market because FOOTBALL MANGER and TOTAL WAR are stronger in europe than they are in the States. Also of course WARHAMMER license is a key component in that plan as well and now Sega has overall control over all assets of that license.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 10:48:18 am »
Sega owns the rights to BAYONETTA just because Ninty is publishing it doesn't stop it from being a Sega property. That's like saying Tecmo lost all rights to Ninja Gaiden 3 when that was exclusivly published by nintendo  or Sega again with SHENMUE 2 when Microsoft published it.
Another good example would be namco developing the new smash bros for nintendo. Still a nintendo game. Or even f zero being done by SEGA, which was also still a nintendo game.

I think what differs this situation from the other is that it's a more complicated situation. Because it's a SEGA IP, developed by Platinum and published by nintendo. I guess if it was an inhouse IP it would have been different case. But yeah I agree, Bayonetta can be still seen as a SEGA game imo as well

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 10:57:12 am »
Bayonetta is on the same level, for me, as Ecco is. It wouldn't have been what it was without SEGA, but it was not internally developed. Still a SEGA game. With Bayonetta 2, there is a bit more distance from the SEGA brand, but that SEGA connection is still there. Though not as strong as with the first game.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »
The only time sega is ever mentioned with regards to Bayonetta is how they fucked up the ps3 port. 

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 04:09:35 pm »
People really consider Bayonetta 2 a Sega title even though they are neither publishing nor developing it?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:30 pm »
Bayonetta 2 is as much of a Sega game as NBA 2k13 (the Sega code is still there guyzzz)
SEG4GES

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 09:00:00 pm »
To me Bayonetta is a Capcom game.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 11:10:39 pm »
yeah Sega sure is pimping Bayonetta out right now. I hope at least they're cutting a fat licensing check.

I'd be excited for this game published by whoever, if it wasn't exclusive to a console I have no intention of buying. Ah well.

and to weigh-in on whether B2 will be a sega game, I have to say no. Platinum is not an exclusive developer. Their ties to Sega are at their lowest ever if any exist at all. This is a case of a Sega character in a non-Sega game sadly.

Much like how Hatsune Miku stars in Sega games but is not a Sega character (I with they would do something about that though).

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 03:57:52 am »
RE6 was rather controversial...many hated it

Dragon's Dogma was good, but DmC is Ninja Theory and not directly In-house Capcom related.

The bad thing with Capcom is, that all of their great ex-developers are now at Platinum Games, or here and there somewhere else, making huge attention-driving games.

With Sega, they lost Yu Suzuki, Naka and Mizuguchi. But there is either vaporware, or the exact opposite of the games that ex-Capcom people are making. Small games, nobody is noticing.

Sega has a better chance to turn them self-around to greater goodness, when they're in better shape again, than Capcom imo.

Please rip . Clover was one studio (Capcom have 4 other productions studios) and its like saying that when SEGA closed down UGA all the SEGA talent left .  Capcom have a great next gen engine in the shape of Frameworks and have made some great games this gen in the shape of RE 5, 6, Dead Rising , DMC IV, Dragon Dogma , Lost Planet 1 and II , Street Fighter IV and so on.

Sure RE 6 isn't the be and end all, but its a very well made game and good in its own rite . Capcom have more multi million selling IP, they've been far more successful in update their IP to new comings . What SEGA got other than Sonic when it comes to a million selling IP ?

I get bored of SEGA fans making endless excesses for SEGA and trying to paint this rose picture . Sure SEGA in decent shape , but SEGA Japan needs to up its game and production lines for home consoles and really start to update some its IP for the fans and current or next gen consoles ...

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 04:11:57 am »
Actually i was saying that for years.  When people were trashing Sega i've been saying that the arcade side was delivering back in the GR forums and the Sega forums.  I don't remember you saying that. Because some people like to think Sega is all about the consumer division now

I'm not going to go over old ground, but many here will remember it all . No I haven't been singing SEGA praises for years and many of these views are no doubt still up here.

Not on nintendo.

Nintendo did a publishing deal . Tell me this was Code Veronica a Edios game or a Capcom game , is Sonic and Mario Olympics a SEGA game or a NCL game . Seeing as SEGA developed the game and published it the west , but NCL published it in Japan.

Oddly enough Sega was saying that themselves too. Its not my fault they didn't deliver

Some could have told you years ago . Its a shame as there's plenty of talent in the SEGA group , but little vision or creative thinking - Its all short terms measures and planning , bar with Teams like Sonic Team whom at least have a plan

Like you did with BAYONETTA

I never classed Bay as a SEGA game at all. And if you and the other here want to be clever who made and developed F355  SEGA and AM#2 or was it in fact a Acclaim developed game ? . There's a world of difference between the Team that developed a game, to corp that picks up the distribution  rights .

Next you'll be making out that infogrames made Panzer Dragon Orta

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is