Author Topic: Passionate SEGA Discussion Topic for TA & ROJM and anyone else  (Read 40859 times)

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Re: SEGA Discussion Topic for TA & ROJM
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 08:42:17 am »
Sure RE 6 isn't the be and end all, but its a very well made game and good in its own rite.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LrVou1Jo7w[/youtube]
I guess if you're a fan of the QTEs in Shenmue you can like RE6.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:45:24 am by TimmiT »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 05:13:40 am »

I'm not going to go over old ground, but many here will remember it all . No I haven't been singing SEGA praises for years and many of these views are no doubt still up here.

That's the point. You and many others have generalized Sega's consumer team output and neglected their arcade division down the years. I don't remember you praising their arcade output when the consumer division rightly or wrongly was being criticized between the early to mid noughties.

Nintendo did a publishing deal .

Exactly, a publishing deal of a game that Sega owns. Its called BAYONETTA 2 by the way. Which Sega is involved in and will get paid for while nintendo handles most of the costs. Not bad i'd say. Pretty much like what happened with FZERO that sega developed. But i guess because sega made that it ceases to be a nintendo game, right?

Some could have told you years ago . Its a shame as there's plenty of talent in the SEGA group , but little vision or creative thinking - Its all short terms measures and planning , bar with Teams like Sonic Team whom at least have a plan

Told me or sega who said it themselves? Funny because BINARY DOMAIN was the result of that particular ideology so it wasn't a pipe dream. it just didn't work properly for a variety of reasons. You know as well as i do that Sega lacks focus and keeps changing their plans. What's happening with the digital shift is testament to that.

I never classed Bay as a SEGA game at all. And if you and the other here want to be clever who made and developed F355  SEGA and AM#2 or was it in fact a Acclaim developed game ? . There's a world of difference between the Team that developed a game, to corp that picks up the distribution  rights

Next you'll be making out that infogrames made Panzer Dragon Orta

Its strange that your argument never stacks up though. especially when you come up with ridiculous points that doesn't cover or strengthen your argument. Many of Sega's classic titles on genesis was made by outside teams but they are still classed as Sega games by many including you. This is nothing to do with what you consider what makes a Sega game but a personal dislike for the team involved. Grow up for gods sake. BAYONETTA was/is a second party Sega game. made by Platinum, paid for by Sega. They owe everything to do with the title and still do. Just like SHINING FORCE which was never made by a real inhouse Sega team either until recently with the arcade versions. Yet that's probably not a Sega game either right?

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:37:12 pm »
the plans for sega are immense. all we have is that we talking wondering.
there is a great difference between the agenda tactics thats been told and the one that is hidden.
and i an asure without any research that 80 procent if not more is hidden.

sega does bad stuff
and good stuff as well
while they suffer to sell such as dumb ass  lumber jack.
but they do well with anarchy reigns(even tho considered as not as best game ever)

yall talking and debating. my only complain is that sega doesnt really directly cimmunicate with the fans.
this has always been my torment i wear and wore.
sega has a future and they have a perfect plan. also they have bad plans.
but hopefully they will keep the good ones and leave the bad

yes this will dissapoint the minoritys that really like some games that are not sold well.

this brings me to another point.
the fans( by god the allmighty)
want
yakuza
sonic
shenmue
streets of rage
a proper golden axe
a proper altered beast
some nice panzer dragoon
pso2 in europe and usa

little do they listen and the games that are really in demand are either neglected or left into oblivion with weak excuses such as: they wont do good
(u dont even try bro)
but they do try lumber jack they do try spellwood they do try this n that.

so thats my weak spot is the communication. this is not as oftopic as u think. but in the past they made mistakes with the early leaking sega dreamcast all over the net. so they work in secrecy. and u cant take that as an offense. its their right. sega is like that egg chocolate candy. in belgium they call it kinder surprise.

when u buy the egg its a nice chocolate egg. but we all know kids buy it for the surprise within. and sometimes u get really good shit. and sometimes u dont
thats how sega is and that is because of their secrecy. so their future is hard to tell. and thats why i say if they would communicate with  us(without telling their plans) and they would take all our ideas and fuse the whole intermingling. surely they would slightly change their plans in SECRECY.

and surely that kinder surprise chocolate egg would make more good then bad surprises.
its whacko the way i tell it. but i hope u guys get the message

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 02:11:42 pm »
I guess if you're a fan of the QTEs in Shenmue you can like RE6.

I don't need silly vids I mich rather play and own the game . Don't see what people's issues are with QTE that was SEGA at its creative best and they never hurt games like Shenmue II, God of War , RE 4 (which many hail as the best in the series ) so why the big fuss and outcry with RE 5 or 6 I do not know.

And as someone who owns and plays RE6 I think its very good , the people who knock it most I bet don't own the game, just like the case for Sonic's Ect.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »
You and many others have generalized Sega's consumer team output and neglected their arcade division down the years

No I've always be a fan of SEGA Arcade , and I remember very well me and the likes of Sharky wondering why SEGA could be so great on PC based hardware in the Arcade and push very basic spec's Arcade boards to its limits, yet be so far behind many when in game to the 360 and PS3 .

Exactly, a publishing deal of a game that Sega owns

You're really going to make out that Ninja Gaiden 3 is a NCL game ? .

Pretty much like what happened with FZERO that sega developed

Nope not only did SEGA developed the title they also produced the Arcade version which was the led development . F-Zero is AV version game in terms of development and design.  Much like MDK 2 is a Bioware game really, even if they aren't the publisher or developers of the original.

Many of Sega's classic titles on genesis was made by outside teams but they are still classed as Sega games by many including you.

These games would be ? I'm not a massive fan of the Mega Drive and only consider a SEGA game to be one that was really developed by SEGA . If a port of a SEGA Arcade game contracted out that is a little bit different.

Funny because BINARY DOMAIN was the result of that particular ideology so it wasn't a pipe dream.

Pipe dream ? I remember saying about 4 years ago how the Team were big fans of Gear of War and wanted to make that style of game , which was rubbish by many on SEGA nerds . There's plenty of talent still left inside SEGA Japan , but they're help back by outdated pipe lines and old Team heads , when its time to give the younger guys their chance to lead and command their own Teams like Yu Suzuki Ect was able to in the past .  And I had said the likes of that for years now .

Just like SHINING FORCE which was never made by a real in-house Sega team either until recently with the arcade versions. Yet that's probably not a Sega game either right?

I don't think I've ever classed Shining Force III has being made in-house by SEGA , the 1st two Shining Games were developed in-house though  before the Team split away from SEGA Japan

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 05:09:19 pm »
I don't need silly vids I mich rather play and own the game . Don't see what people's issues are with QTE that was SEGA at its creative best and they never hurt games like Shenmue II, God of War , RE 4 (which many hail as the best in the series ) so why the big fuss and outcry with RE 5 or 6 I do not know.
Because everyone praises Resident Evil 4 for pretty much everything except the QTEs and story? Just because it's praised so much doesn't mean that it's perfect in every way. Hell, one of the main criticisms of modern game design is that games rely too much on lazily done QTEs, and RE6 is the pinnacle of that. It really isn't hard to understand why people don't like the game.
And as someone who owns and plays RE6 I think its very good , the people who knock it most I bet don't own the game, just like the case for Sonic's Ect.
Hello bullshit assumption by guy who seemingly can't accept that other people can have different opinions.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 12:33:12 am »
I played like 40 minutes of RE6 and it nearly made me want to quit gaming forever.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 04:01:58 am »
The cover of RE6 resembles a prostitute giving head to a giraffe-man in boots.

I only played RE5 for 10 minutes and quickly deleted it off my Xbox.

Also, QTEs were not new when Shenmue came out. It just had never been implemented as perfectly as AM2 did it. And after that very few devs had the skill to do it as well.
QTEs aren't bad. Games just have bad QTEs.

To this day, one of my most amazing gaming experiences was the Barber Shop in Shenmue II. Just because of that QTE.
SEG4GES

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 07:48:41 am »

No I've always be a fan of SEGA Arcade , and I remember very well me and the likes of Sharky wondering why SEGA could be so great on PC based hardware in the Arcade and push very basic spec's Arcade boards to its limits, yet be so far behind many when in game to the 360 and PS3 . 

Really? yet you haven't obviously played them constanly in the last decade, if you had you'd know that their recent titles from 2011 onwards haven't been up to scratch. All i remember is you saying how Sega cant do this or that without mentioning whether the arcade teams were producing great titles during that period.

You're really going to make out that Ninja Gaiden 3 is a NCL game ? . 

Are you making out that BAYONETTA 2 is a NCL game? Next thing you 'll be saying FZERO is a Sega title.

Nope not only did SEGA developed the title they also produced the Arcade version which was the led development . F-Zero is AV version game in terms of development and design.  Much like MDK 2 is a Bioware game really, even if they aren't the publisher or developers of the original.

Nope what? I said Fzero arcade and GC was developed by Sega, cant you read? Or are you so much into yourself you have to make out you know more than anyone else while ignoring that they already mentioned what you are trying to make out as your expert opinion? If you claim BAYONETTA 2 isn't a sega title despite them owning and being involved with the sequel you might as well say the same thing about FZERO GC and AX which Sega developed and Nintendo being invovled in an advisory role. Its the same thing. The difference is that BAYONETTA is a Sega second party title.

These games would be ? I'm not a massive fan of the Mega Drive and only consider a SEGA game to be one that was really developed by SEGA . If a port of a SEGA Arcade game contracted out that is a little bit different.

News to me. I dont remember you saying ECCO wasn't Sega enough after the title was announced
unofficially to being made into an IOS game.

Pipe dream ? I remember saying about 4 years ago how the Team were big fans of Gear of War and wanted to make that style of game , which was rubbish by many on SEGA nerds . There's plenty of talent still left inside SEGA Japan , but they're help back by outdated pipe lines and old Team heads , when its time to give the younger guys their chance to lead and command their own Teams like Yu Suzuki Ect was able to in the past .  And I had said the likes of that for years now .

Yawn. I also remember that you stated that Nagoshi's game wasn't even finished for a demo to show to the excecutives. The point is  that the company geared itself to create a "proper" sega consumer title or titles but unfortunalty we only saw BINARY DOMAIN  as the solo result.

I don't think I've ever classed Shining Force III has being made in-house by SEGA , the 1st two Shining Games were developed in-house though  before the Team split away from SEGA Japan

I didn't mention SHINING FORCE 3, I said SHINING FORCE. The team was only associated with Sega and never part of the main group before they "split off" to Camelot and you cant really say the same thing about Climax either who was involved with trhe series with the earlier titles before Camelot took over with the GG and Saturn titles.  So it was still classed as being second party om SHINING IN THE DARKNESS the two SHINING FORCE MD games and the GG titles.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:57:26 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 04:22:50 am »
Hell, one of the main criticisms of modern game design is that games rely too much on lazily done QTEs, and RE6 is the pinnacle of that. It really isn't hard to understand why people don't like the game.

People knocked RE 5 for the lack of atmosphere, too much action  and no scares - RE 6 brought some of that back . I know a lot of people that knocked the 7 bells out of RE 6 only by going on the demo's (much like with Sonic Unleashed and Generations).

Re 6 is a good game - not the best in the series , but its a well made game at the end of the day

I only played RE5 for 10 minutes and quickly deleted it off my Xbox

Demo ?

]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 04:38:34 am »
Really? yet you haven't obviously played them constanly in the last decade

? I don't get what you mean . SEGA been great in the Arcades and able to push very basic PC tech to it limits and make it look as good as many current gen 360 and P3 games - yet the Tech powering the games is way behind those of the consoles . I've just wonder for years why SEGA R&D tech can be so good on Lindberg and Ring Edge and be so behind on the consoles and other Japanese corps for Tech on home consoles games (bar the odd title here and there)

If you claim BAYONETTA 2 isn't a sega title despite them owning and being involved with the sequel

You can forget Bay II , I don't even class Bay 1 has a SEGA game - SEGA didn't develop it , they just bought the rights to the IP , in just the same way SEGA signed up Gunstar Heroes . People like you may well want to point out its a SEGA game, to me it was and always will be a Treasure game; Treasure developed it and made the game, same goes for Bay.

I dont remember you saying ECCO wasn't Sega enough after the title was announced
unofficially to being made into an IOS game

Again its not a SEGA developed game , I don't consider it to be a In-House title , just like D2 on the DC. I just wish SEGA being the IP holder to bring the titles to XBLA and PSN.

sega consumer title or titles but unfortunalty we only saw BINARY DOMAIN  as the solo result.

Yes like the point was made years ago -Its sad the quality and the Team was there .

I said SHINING FORCE. The team was only associated with Sega and never part of the main group before they "split off" to Camelot and you cant really say the same thing about Climax either who was involved with trhe series with the earlier titles before Camelot took over with the GG and Saturn titles

Look we all know the 1st 2 titles we made In-House . Climax I never considered their games to be In-House titles with regards to Land Stalker or Dark Savour and there's been many a team an outside Team has been drafted in to help a In-House studio with developer at key points  - It happened with Shenmue and to this day happens with the likes of Bioshock 2 .

But forget all that, SEGA Japan In-House teams need to up their game BIG time over the next few years
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 10:42:29 am »
People knocked RE 5 for the lack of atmosphere, too much action  and no scares - RE 6 brought some of that back . I know a lot of people that knocked the 7 bells out of RE 6 only by going on the demo's (much like with Sonic Unleashed and Generations).

Re 6 is a good game - not the best in the series , but its a well made game at the end of the day

Demo ?

]

i agree with that. my new best is rsident evil revelations
its like sonic 4 ep 1 and 2. its still freaking good. but its probably the wors out of the best

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 02:13:15 pm »
While my optimism tends to backfire, I do think it's too early to be judging SEGA's 2012 line up. Oh, and Bayonetta 2 IS a SEGA game, especially if you have no problem calling The Cave a SEGA game. It's an IP owned by SEGA, SEGA has input on the project, and it's being made by the same people who made the original Bayonetta.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 03:32:31 pm »
^I dunno, it's neither published nor developed by Sega, they just own the character AFAIK. I can't consider that a Sega game.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 04:16:23 pm »
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/30/sega-no-plans-to-re-release-virtual-on-virtua-striker-outside/

What the fuck?  Can we still buy the JP version and play with each other online?