Author Topic: TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT  (Read 37130 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT
« on: March 11, 2015, 11:15:36 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBcP_q5j9yY

Bizarre and unexpected, as one would expect from Sega!

Reminds me of The Cave and Hell Yeah! alliances.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:12:24 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline max_cady

Re: TEMPO THE BADASS ELEPHANT
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 11:20:54 am »
Wow, that Elephant is badass!

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:23 am »
Seems like a fun little side scroller in the style of something like Castle Crashers. The art works nice too. It seems to mix 2D with 3D quite well.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:34:48 am »
Looks really good

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 12:03:17 pm »
Holy shit.

I am legitimately shocked.

Will buy 10 copies.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 12:18:34 pm »
Not often an elephant is the main character of a game. Might try this out if I ever get a decent PC or PS4/Xbox One.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 12:20:25 pm »
I was kinda confused after they stopped digital download games on XBLA/PSN/Steam for a while...hopefully they just waited on the market to stabilize and we get a stream of games like before.

Arcade ports
Orginal titles
Taxman Sonic etc.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 12:38:49 pm »
I see Donkey Kong Country + Viewtiful Joe + Rampage, and I need to change my pants.

Offline Tad

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 12:49:00 pm »
Not often an elephant is the main character of a game. Might try this out if I ever get a decent PC or PS4/Xbox One.

I doubt it would need to be that decent of a PC. I use an i3 and it's handled everything I've thrown at it.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 12:52:46 pm »
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, Sega.

And I will give you money for it eventually, because I love it :D

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 12:56:33 pm »
SEGA can learn a lot from this game. Its not 2005 anymore, people aren't looking for 'the best graphics' but a fun game that can be midtier. I mean, shit, you think Pokemon games had high budget? Honestly I think this is more technically impressive than any Pokemon game I played.

I think the whole 'We need this to be huge' is hurting them. I mean, look at Sonic Boom, it had 4 characters, fighting, sonic speed sections, platforming, exploring, 2D segments, and multiplayer etc etc. Not to mention the game didn't have enough development time. Whats wrong with focusing on a smaller mid-tier title?

Not even surprised that Sonic Runners turned out great (for f2p mobile title), it was a small and focused game.

Offline Tad

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 01:00:13 pm »
A hands on report from IGN: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/11/pokemon-devs-swap-cute-for-carnage-with-new-game

The best part has to be this  ;-D

“Tembo is an Asian elephant whose best friend is a military general” Turner tells us without any sense of ‘yes I know this is bonkers but I also designed a sentient ice cream and you were alright with that so just shut up’. 

haha

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 01:06:32 pm »
I was kinda confused after they stopped digital download games on XBLA/PSN/Steam for a while...hopefully they just waited on the market to stabilize and we get a stream of games like before.

Arcade ports
Orginal titles
Taxman Sonic etc.

Yep most of these occurred during the dreadful 2012 that hurt SEGA badly. Binary Domain bombed and created a huge money sink in their finances, add to that Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS underperforming and it's not a surprise to see why they pulled the plug. They wanted titles that would provide profit from day one and build up a stable income.

We've come back to that point and I hope this is but an indication of what's to come from SEGA in the future.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 01:08:57 pm »
Jesus, everyone already had a scoop on this game. Cool, I guess. I hope SEGA does a stream with the developers. I think this press stuff is cool but SEGA is really missing the future of advertising games aka twitch/youtube.

Like they should have had one planned out already. Thats my main issue with SEGA, they don't do that with all games and show why they are worth picking up; they have those people sell the game to IGN/other media outlets and depending on the developer they will either write a negative leaning article or positive.

Thankfully this time its Game Freak and they rock cuz they work with Nintendo, right guys?

Offline Tad

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 01:12:25 pm »
Yep most of these occurred during the dreadful 2012 that hurt SEGA badly. Binary Domain bombed and created a huge money sink in their finances, add to that Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS underperforming and it's not a surprise to see why they pulled the plug. They wanted titles that would provide profit from day one and build up a stable income.

We've come back to that point and I hope this is but an indication of what's to come from SEGA in the future.

Did SA2 and Nights really do that badly? Shame if so. They might be a bit dated, but they're both good games. :(