Author Topic: Sega confirms no E3 booth this year  (Read 37223 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Sega confirms no E3 booth this year
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »
Don't be so snide, TA.

What has Monster Hunter sales got to do with Total War sales? Those games are apples and oranges. It really proves nothing... Except more people like one genre than the other... No doubt because running about mindlessly smacking monsters and grinding for loot is a damn sight easier than a complex strategy game like Total War.

But while I imagine any old company could make a Monster Hunter/Phantasy Star Online style game... (In fact they are a dime a dozen in South East Asia) Nobody is coming close to making a game like TW which blends the city/world managing and RTS genres with such depths and complexity.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:39:21 pm by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2015, 06:17:36 am »
What has Monster Hunter sales got to do with Total War sales?

Sigh... I don't go about sales myself  you lot just keep on brining them up . If you want talk sales of the likes of Total War and all that, just remember that RE and Monster Hunter sell better, way better  that's all. I care more about if a game is good or not and to me SOJ isn't delivering on that score and just going more and more mobile . BTW I don't like or own any Monster Hunter game not a fan of the series myself

No doubt because running about mindlessly smacking monsters and grinding for loot is a damn sight easier than a complex strategy game like Total War.
Can we get past the fanboy talk please ?, looking over  that I could just say the same about PSO II . To the fans they both love that style of gameplay ...

Nobody is coming close to making a game like TW which blends the city/world managing and RTS genres with such depths and complexity
. There's quite a few and making a game like PSO or Mounster Hunter isn't that easy either imo  making a game that people want and enjoy going back to time and time again , takes some doing . Making any good game is art and not easy
But whatever, I guess I'm not a real gamer like you lol.

Not a PC gamer no.. They're the ones always updating their rigs to play the game on the best settings - it what they do. To me its a mug game (  I was a PC nut at one stage )  and I just stick to console gaming its far easier and you know where you are . 

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:21:38 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2015, 08:53:58 am »
Don't be so snide, TA.

What has Monster Hunter sales got to do with Total War sales? Those games are apples and oranges. It really proves nothing... Except more people like one genre than the other... No doubt because running about mindlessly smacking monsters and grinding for loot is a damn sight easier than a complex strategy game like Total War.

But while I imagine any old company could make a Monster Hunter/Phantasy Star Online style game... (In fact they are a dime a dozen in South East Asia) Nobody is coming close to making a game like TW which blends the city/world managing and RTS genres with such depths and complexity.

I think you are underestimating Monster Hunter and over-estimating Total War.
Total War is one of the few that blends tactics and grand strategy, but it also does so at a cost. The grand strategy aspect of the game is considered Fisher Price levels. Ask any grand strategy fan, or heck, try out a game like Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis and see just how utterly basic Total War is by comparison. It's basically a 'paint the map' simulator with next to no politics, finance or management.

And that's fine, the game is all about the real time tactical battles, which it does really well, but it's 90% RTT and only 10% Grand Strategy.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2015, 11:05:29 am »
Not a PC gamer no.. They're the ones always updating their rigs to play the game on the best settings - it what they do. To me its a mug game (  I was a PC nut at one stage )  and I just stick to console gaming its far easier and you know where you are . 

Also have to agree with Mademan. Total war's non tactics elements, while still requiring strategy, are far less in depth than pretty much every Crusader Kings or Europa Universales title. Of course the tactics themselves may require some cunning depending on battle arena and unit composition, but otherwise, you probably aren't often crying at the fact that your people are in revolt because your son looks like quasimodo and they think it shines bad on you for it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:09:16 am by JRcade19 »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2015, 11:19:53 am »
I don't see
(1) what Monster Hunter has to do with Total War
(2) why gaming on a console is any easyer than on a PC
(3) how any of this relates to Sega's absence from this year's E3
SEG4GES

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2015, 11:24:50 am »
Why the fuck are you all still comparing Monster Hunter with Total War? They're two completely different games.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2015, 11:28:24 am »
Why the fuck are you all still comparing Monster Hunter with Total War? They're two completely different games.

We should be comparing Company of Heroes, another True Sega Franchise™  (that I used to enjoy growing up with on Mega Drive), to Capcom's own Dark Stalkers series. They are roughly the same game so it's a more fair comparison.

They both pit one player against another in a battle of dexterity and wits, just in slightly different ways. I feel that CoH has that real feeling of Sega DNA® that we all love, (much like Jack Lumber) which is why Company of Heroes is still e-Sports but Vampire Savior/Dark Stalkers can't even get into EVO without paying a hefty cover charge to the cheeto encrusted and acne ridden bouncers. Dangling a lanyard with that smug smile while a 100% Traditional Sega Franchise that we all love and grew up with; Persona 4: Ultra Ultimax Suplex Hold, proudly walks into the front door with a large, diamond encrusted badge that reads "Official Game of Evo 2015".

The only issue is that Company of Heroes (both 1 and 2) require me to solder new graphics cards directly into my motherboard on a weekly basis to be able to play the game. And even then it only runs at 12fps and often the entire PC will burst into flames, singeing my eyebrows off. It's just part and parcel of being a True PC GamerⒸ, I didn't choose this life, but it's what I must do to enjoy the real deal Sega Franchises like Total War and Football Manager.

I still recall going to IBM's head office one day and haggling with them to purchase the now defunct Shaheen Super Computer in an attempt to get the Valkyria Chronicles port to run full screen on computer, but realised I wouldn't be able to carry it as it takes up an entire floor of a building. The did show me Company of Heroes 1 running at a silky smooth, rock solid 25fps on it though, which was really rather impressive. At the time I could only view the game in still images, viewed in jpg form via internet explorer for twenty seconds at a time while cooling my graphics card with dry ice (the liquid nitrogen prices had skyrocketed after Football Manager released and PC gamers were buying it up to cool their 12 Teraflop Ge-Force Genocide cards required to run the game).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:40:59 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2015, 06:54:17 am »
it seems that the company is planning to have a permanent meeting room this E3 still
http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=seg6390
also the site is using SEGA's new name.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2015, 06:58:47 am »
it seems that the company is planning to have a permanent meeting room this E3 still
http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=seg6390
also the site is using SEGA's new name.

Interresting Sega of Japan is there, but not Sega of America...

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2015, 07:06:31 am »
Interresting Sega of Japan is there, but not Sega of America...
Well, SEGA America already explained why they're not there: they're still restructuring.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2015, 07:52:41 am »
Nothing to be excited about unless you are excited at the aspect of Japanese business men talking about their lucrative mobile business.

I joke! lol i don't know, just taking a mademang stance.