Author Topic: Sega confirms no E3 booth this year  (Read 37233 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Sega confirms no E3 booth this year
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 03:09:38 pm »
Everyone knows its Virtua Fighter 6 on Playstation 4. /pleaseletitbeaAM2game

I flirt with that idea sometimes, but it would be the first ever VF title to get released on console before/simultaneous with arcade. I mean it might be a system seller in Japan at least though...

But we all know it will really be Shenmue III: Revenge of Jack Lumber.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 03:20:34 pm »
As for me being TA's 'Mini-me', hardly. TA thinks that Sega should be investing more in consoles and big budget games, whereas I think Sega is making all the right moves in downscaling their release schedule and focusing on stuff like mobile phones in Japan
[/color]

Do you expect anything less for the defence force ? . SEGA direction is very clear and for all to see. If people are happy to see SEGAall but  pull put of the consoel market and become a major player in Mobile that's fine , I'm not and wasn't happy when GameArts went that way and quite upset and gutted that he corp I loved and grew up with is now going the same way ...

But just to set the record straight I'm not against SEGA on the Mobile or on the PC at all or wnat every SEGA Game to be an AAA production . But I like to see SEGA Japan lead on the PC and then port the games to the console and have a seprate team to handle the mobile side . Like to see SEGA Japan make about 4 to 5 Major console productions every 2 years or so . I don't see why SEGA can't be a big player on the consoel and also the Mobile side like EA and Ubi and so on
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 03:22:04 pm »
Everyone knows its Virtua Fighter 6 on Playstation 4. /pleaseletitbeaAM2game

No it's for Android and everyone knows it :P
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 03:30:52 pm »
No it's for Android and everyone knows it :P

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 05:18:06 pm »
Tbh it wouldn't even surprise me if SEGA aren't working on a VF 6. 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2015, 06:06:34 pm »
I know how you define them, and that's cool (I'm pretty much the same I think), but isn't this the first time we've had a publisher owned by Sega? Especially one that keeps it's own branding and doesn't have Sega branding on their products? That's all I'm wondering. I haven't been following closely but my understanding was that Sega doesn't turn up on the products that Atlus is releasing.

As for Sega continuing console games, I know they must have some stuff in development, but I don't expect to see more than one or two games a year from them at this point. If we are including Japan only, maybe bump that up to three or four per year.

Yeah but the money comes from somewhere and that's SEGA Sammy. Can't really say they aren't interested in console development when they go and splash $100 million on a developer that primarily works on console development. As far as I know, Nagoshi sits down with the top developers at Atlus and discuss their future plans so that SEGA does not overlap with Atlus and/or handles out advice if needed.

In the Western front I'm not so sure, we have three games plus a fourth thanks to Sony. If Sonic is in the picture that's another one there (Not looking likely now I suppose) but if we include Japan only we're probably looking at 10+ console games, not that we would be getting stuff like Puyo Puyo or Shining Force anytime soon. There Japanese release schedule has remained strong.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 08:19:07 pm »

Do you expect anything less for the defence force ? . SEGA direction is very clear and for all to see. If people are happy to see SEGAall but  pull put of the consoel market and become a major player in Mobile that's fine , I'm not and wasn't happy when GameArts went that way and quite upset and gutted that he corp I loved and grew up with is now going the same way ...

But just to set the record straight I'm not against SEGA on the Mobile or on the PC at all or wnat every SEGA Game to be an AAA production . But I like to see SEGA Japan lead on the PC and then port the games to the console and have a seprate team to handle the mobile side . Like to see SEGA Japan make about 4 to 5 Major console productions every 2 years or so . I don't see why SEGA can't be a big player on the consoel and also the Mobile side like EA and Ubi and so on

You can't expect too much for a Japanese company now in this time when things got worse and worse.

Console development for games are harder than before, almost the 3x times more expensive than 2007 and Japanese devs are suffering to find a way to make at least 2 AAA titles a year. Of course, there was some bad decisions that ultimately left some people like Inafune and Kojima out of the building but at the same time, this people got promoted to executive position and they do what they want for the better or worse (Inafune/mostly a yearly Megaman and throwing new IP's without worrying in R&D cost/"sequel-special edition can resolve the problem" mentality and Kojima/Expensive long time produced titles that kill resources).

Sega has refocused all their IP's both in consoles and mobile since 2010-2012.

Games with annual and console releases like Let's make a Soccer/Baseball Team where redesing to be mobile titles with annual updates and they work better there. Many where rebranded with thinking the market/demanding public,ergo they were clasified depending if they are a mainstream multimedia title (Puyo Puyo, Sonic for the West), a medium-term seller title (Yakuza, Phantasy Star; Hatsune Miku) or a niche title (Shining, RPG Projects and 3D Classics/ports). This works in Japan but in the West they didn't do it until recently with much loss than wins.

Skipping E3 could sound wrong but I think they need to find more PR guys because Sam can't do all the work now.

Also, you know what is in Southern California where SOA is gonna be relocated? Atlus USA and if you know how SS do this things...we can make a looong discussion from this point  ::)

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 02:03:24 am »
Console development for games are harder than before, almost the 3x times more expensive than 2007 and Japanese devs are suffering to find a way to make at least 2 AAA titles a year. Of course, there was some bad decisions that ultimately left some people like Inafune and Kojima out of the building but at the same time, this people got promoted to executive position and they do what they want for the better or worse (Inafune/mostly a yearly Megaman and throwing new IP's without worrying in R&D cost/"sequel-special edition can resolve the problem" mentality and Kojima/Expensive long time produced titles that kill resources).

Japanese gaming is in a terrible way, but its of their own making :- Inafune-san called it right years ago, but SEGA been on a massive downward spiral for years now, both on the consoles and even in the Arcades. Would have liked SEGA Japan to at least be a bit more like Squaresoft , but no... SEGA Japan can't even do that. Just becasue some other corps have gone that way and all but given up on the consoles,  doesn't mean SEGA Japan should have .

Skipping E3 could sound wrong but I think they need to find more PR guys because Sam can't do all the work now

Skipping E3 isn't that big of a deal, as its not a consumer show but a trade show . It's just  the direction SEGA Group  is going in that's the issue , there's next to no console games to look forward and nothing at all from SEGA Japan , even Namco, Capcom and Square at least have some next gen games to look forward , even on PC its very limited from SEGA .. There's Football Manager: based a sport, where there's little love for  on this board and people go on about Total War and all that...When half the time they don't have a rig/PC able to play the game at their  its highest/Half decent setttings .

Its just a list of excuses, but it can't cover up SEGA clear direction of all but pulling out of the console market, with the odd PC title here and there and going for the Mobile.  Now Sharky and the rest will try twist it and make out some of us are saying SEGA are dead. No SEGA will be making money , will be making games but it not be the SEGA most of us grew up with , but player in the mobile  market .

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:40:23 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 02:56:11 am »
SEGA just stated in the statement that they have announcements to make after they move.... so...

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 03:25:40 am »
Now Sharky and the rest will try twist it and make out some of us are saying SEGA are dead. No SEGA will be making money , will be making games but it not be the SEGA most of us grew up with , but player in the mobile  market .

SEGA has transitioned into a new direction about 4 times since I became a fan in the early 90's, They weren't the 'same SEGA' in the Dreamcast era that they were in the Genesis era and frankly the biggest change came when they went 3rd party... Compared to that, this slight refocus on mobile gaming is a drop in the ocean.

They will STILL develop console and PC games, STILL develop AAA games... What some of you lack is patience.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 07:50:59 am »
SEGA has transitioned into a new direction about 4 times since I became a fan in the early 90's, They weren't the 'same SEGA' in the Dreamcast era that they were in the Genesis era and frankly the biggest change came when they went 3rd party

SEGA Japan had over 9 teams (most with at least 3 lines)  Just there to make just console and Arcade games and thats all they did . That is not the SEGA Japan  we have now . SEGA Japan nither have the staff, the will, the next gen pipe lines or the backing these days to make full blown console game productions, like they used to . Sammy have all but killed SEGA and everything that made SEGA the best and what most people love them for . P[/size]achinko makers should never be allowed to take over games corps . P[/size][/color]achinko[/font][/size][/color] makers killed Technsoft and SNK and will soon kill off SEGA Japan .[/font]
[/size]
[/size][/color]You might want to try to class Mobile as games Sharky I don't... not in the [/font][/color]traditional sense. Mobile games are great to kill the odd boring 10 or so min is work, to play while in the car or on the train , or for cheap ass gamers who want gaming done on the cheap . [/font][/color][/size]
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2015, 08:34:50 am »
They will STILL develop console and PC games, STILL develop AAA games... What some of you lack is patience.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I don't feel like I lack patience. It's been a while since I genuinely got excited for a Sega game in the way I used to. Having said that, it's been a while since I was genuinely excited for any game, even Witcher 3 lost a lot of my attention since it's reveal. Sega has just changed, you said so yourself. Some don't find the change very compelling. Look around the net and one of the recurring comments on sites reporting this news is "Sega still has fans!?"

At the moment I am very excited to see Yakuza 5 finally get a western release, so there's that. I'm also holding out hope that we will see VF6 at some point this year.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 08:46:44 am »
It doesn't release till fall. SEGA has that and Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax on Sony consoles and I hear (according to NeoGAF) that Sony x SEGA are working on a game together and have been for a year, so who knows if Sony would present that. Sounds more like a TGS thing
Which NeoGAF member said that? Cause they can be pretty hit or miss. Like if it came from Verendus, it's best to be skeptical.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 09:34:02 am »
SEGA just stated in the statement that they have announcements to make after they move.... so...

Yes, Sony will buy them out and force them to make licensed games of their movie properties. EXCITING TIMES.

Which NeoGAF member said that? Cause they can be pretty hit or miss. Like if it came from Verendus, it's best to be skeptical.

It was indeed Verendus, he has been right a few times but best to be cautious. Some of his stuff, like Virtua Fighter 6 being a Playstation 4 exclusive isn't much of a longshot though.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2015, 09:41:34 am »
Yes, Sony will buy them out and force them to make licensed games of their movie properties. EXCITING TIMES.

But their movie properties include Sonic now! It's come full circle!