Author Topic: Possible TGS suprise games leaked.  (Read 40646 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Possible TGS suprise games leaked.
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2015, 04:04:30 pm »
I think enough Japanese developers have been burnt on Xbox, if you like Japanese games.. hum... get a Japanese console?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2015, 05:06:31 pm »
Microsoft never stood a chance in that market really, so it's no surprise.

Offline NoirSuede

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2015, 12:10:11 am »
Dunno could've tried to make Yakuza on 360 way back in 08' with Kenzan (and also Valkyria Chronicles). It's clear as day, that they just don't care.
With Kenzan they've obivously ran into naming issues, because a game called Yakuza with no yakuzas in it is really weird.

Offline George

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2015, 12:11:59 am »
After this TGS, are many Japanese developers going to support anything other than PS4? There was a huge number of PS4 only titles announced at the Sony stage show.

Also helps that Sony is the only developer seeking Japanese support. Nintendo and Microsoft didn't even bother to show up at the event.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2015, 12:13:03 am »
I think enough Japanese developers have been burnt on Xbox, if you like Japanese games.. hum... get a Japanese console?

That makes no sense . Last generation most of the games sold better on the 360 than they did on the PS3. If you've no intention of bringing your games to the West, then it makes sense to be only on the PS4 and for a lot of games that will make sense, otherwise  it's limiting your sales

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline George

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2015, 04:47:34 am »
What Japanese games sold better on 360 than PS3? I'll tell you its a rarer instance than a majority. I'm talking World Wide sales and now that sliver is smaller. You can whine and pout, but its the truth.

Its like saying "Why isn't this game on Saturn, it sold well on the Mega Drive."

The Xbox One isn't outselling Sony like the 360 outsold the PS3.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2015, 12:45:31 pm »

Like whom?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:16:44 pm by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2015, 01:14:00 pm »
With Kenzan they've obivously ran into naming issues, because a game called Yakuza with no yakuzas in it is really weird.

Eh, could of called it Samurai: Dragon of Gion. Sega just thought we would rather have Condemned 2 and Full Auto or somethin'.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2015, 01:49:43 pm »
It's a spinoff. It doesn't need to be called Yakuza.

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2015, 09:29:04 pm »
Dunno could've tried to make Yakuza on 360 way back in 08' with Kenzan (and also Valkyria Chronicles). It's clear as day, that they just don't care.

Valkyria Chronicles was originally an Xbox game, less anime styled, more generic units, they had trouble during development and microsoft gave them no help so they scrapped it entirely

it was only with some help from Sony that it was reborn into the game we now love. Even if it had been released on xbox it would have imo been a much more boring game made with that misguided "appeal to the west" ideal from last gen

I think this TGS was pretty great with a lot of people being excited for some very japanese games because they're all on PS4, with the exception of capcom embarassing themselves with another resident evil multiplayer shooter that no-one wants

Offline NoirSuede

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2015, 12:01:00 am »

But then
It's a spinoff. It doesn't need to be called Yakuza.
How can people know that it's a Yakuza game then ?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2015, 06:00:58 am »
What Japanese games sold better on 360 than PS3?

From SEGA themself's Bayoetta and Sonic sold better on the 360 I'm sure , didn't the likes of Vanquished didn't it . Ninja Gaiden II did I'm  sure Lost Planet 1 and II did.

Either way the likes of Sreet Figther IV, RE 5, Dark Souls II and loads of games games all sold great on the 360 and thanks to being multi all see sales well into the millions  . With out being multi platform the likes of Alien Isolation would never have sold as wel as they did.

[
Valkyria Chronicles was originally an Xbox game, less anime styled, more generic units, they had trouble during development and microsoft gave them no help so they scrapped it entirely
It was a 360 title and the art look was already in place . It was dropped as the PS3 was seen as a safer bet in Japan which was another SEGA Japan cock up

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2015, 06:33:32 am »
But thenHow can people know that it's a Yakuza game then ?

By naming it something that they can associate it with the main series. Plenty of game series do it, including past Sega games. Hell, Sega has named sequels of some games completely differently but with a common theme that connects them. Like Shinobi's sequel, Kunoichi.

Fact of the matter is, if they wanted to release it on our side of the globe, they wouldn't have any problem cooking up some name. Which is a shame cause I only realized those spinoffs existed and they seem more fun to play than the mainline series. Plus there's not a lot of good samurai games out there, especially high end games.

From SEGA themself's Bayoetta
Wrong. As broken and as shitty as the PS3 Sega port was, it sold plenty more than the 360.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=BAYONETTA
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:39:39 am by Phantasos »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2015, 06:55:06 am »
Wrong. As broken and as shitty as the PS3 Sega port was, it sold plenty more than the 360

Well I did say I'm sure . Thought the game sold better on the 360 in the west, I stand corrected  . Either way with out being a multi platform title it would have sold a million copies and it seems that the 360 version also sold better than any PS3 Yakuza game to date.

Japanese games can do well on the XBox 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Bit,

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2015, 10:22:13 am »
I agree that xbox 360 game's sell well in japan; mainly due to the console selling relatively well in japan. The Xbox One however is a different story  because there aren't enough console's sold in japan to justify making port's for it. This may not affect oversea's that much but I feel like it is safer to focus mainly on Playstation console's mainly due to there already established strength in Japan and it's large success in oversea's countries.