Author Topic: The Films of 2015: Ant-Man, Avengers, Star Wars, Bond, Terminator, Mad Max, etc  (Read 55182 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Not to be a negative Nancy, whats new about this artwork? Its just a generic drawing of Iron Man and Captain clashing, that won't look like that on the big screen? I mean jesus, Age of Ultron just came out, can they relax over at Marvel Studios?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Ugh not looking forward to it. As a huge Cap fan, I hate Civil War.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Not to be a negative Nancy, whats new about this artwork? Its just a generic drawing of Iron Man and Captain clashing, that won't look like that on the big screen? I mean jesus, Age of Ultron just came out, can they relax over at Marvel Studios?
Iron Man and Captain America have slightly different armor on, aside from that not much. It's not like they're heavily advertising it yet either, a journalist just leaked it onto Instagram.
The movie will be pretty different from the comic's Civil War. Not like it would be possible for it to be the same at this point, there are not nearly enough superheroes with a secret identity in the MCU. The only ones who do are Daredevil and Spider-Man, the former of which likely won't be in the movie and the latter hasn't even been introduced yet.

Also, it's being directed by the Russo brothers, who did The Winter Soldier. So I expect it to be pretty good at least.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:11:57 am by TimmiT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Wasn't Civil War just a piece of shit in general?

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
Wasn't Civil War just a piece of shit in general?
From what I've heard about it, yeah. The movie version won't be like the comics though.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
From what I've heard about it, yeah. The movie version won't be like the comics though.
Thankfully.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I liked Civil War for what it was,  Mark Millar (Kickass, Old Man Logan, Kingsmen, Jupiter's Legacy) is better at writing concepts than the actual story. I wouldn't call it terrible,  if you think Age of Ultron was good,  then you should read Civil War cuz Age of Ultron wasn't that well written of a movie. 

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
So I saw The Avengers: Age of Ultron on monday...

Spoilers /rant:

It was a good movie but based on ramblings from a couple of my co-workers who are big Marvel buffs and my own impressions, the movie sometimes dips into Transformers level of ridiculous action / drama. The comedy bits are a little better this time around (like Vision picking up Thor's hammer and the long awkward pause between all the heroes onscreen). But there some issues that I can't quite overcome: Ultron himself is a very strange villain. He's more of an obstacle rather than an actual antagonist who apparentely can only build robots that all the heroes can destroy with ease. Why they didn't destroy Ultron's robot factory I have no idea why. Also, didn't Tony Stark retire after fighting off The Mandarin? And Hulk being in control is entirely dependant on his infatuation with Black Widow? What if Widow pisses him off at one point? And how they Thor and Sven find that magical lake? And what does Scarlett Witch's mind manipulation powers exactly do to all the heroes: are they showing actual visions, fears, memories, visions of what they want to see, the future? And why is it so different from person to person? When did Stark and Banner ever had a previous talk about building a major defense program? It's also weird that Natasha develops feelings for Banner, despite what happened in Captain America: Winter Soldier? Wasn't Shield completely decommisioned after the end of Caps: Winter Soldier? Back to Ultron, the villain gets off so many mixed signals, it feels like they left in all the scary soundbytes in the trailers which leaves his other dialogue strange. At times, he feels like a darker version of Tony Stark rather than a major villain. And why kill Baron Von Strucker offscreen, who is actually a very important villain in the Marvel Universe? And sometimes the CG takes a nose dive, especially when you see Cap take out the Ultron bots, some of it is almost Blade 2 / RIPD level of bad CGI.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Hey sexy boys, anyone seen Ex Machina yet? I'm supposed to be seeing it tomorrow. Good reviews, I'm not sure how it'll pan out, looks interesting but might be generic. I think it has nudity and natalie portman, so yeah.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
Okay yeah Kingsman is pretty brilliant.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mad_max_fury_road/

Didn't see that coming. That's phenomenal.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Just saw Fury Road, can't wait to enter Valhalla! Great movie, joins Kingsman as my favorite movies of 2015.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
Definitely planning on seeing Fury Road after seeing that everyone in the world (aside from MRAs) seems to love it.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Saw Mad Max: Fury Road. Solid A. My only big problem was actually the main protagonist. Not to say that Tom Hardy wasn't good in his role, but his character was kinda there while everybody else was hoggin' the spotlight methinks.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Saw Mad Max: Fury Road. Solid A. My only big problem was actually the main protagonist. Not to say that Tom Hardy wasn't good in his role, but his character was kinda there while everybody else was hoggin' the spotlight methinks.

This is my biggest concern with Mad Max, all the trailers just made it feel like he was just there instead of being the main character.