Author Topic: The Films of 2015: Ant-Man, Avengers, Star Wars, Bond, Terminator, Mad Max, etc  (Read 55169 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Max has filled that role in past stories, he's largely silent and finds himself in the middle of other's conflicts. His main role is to assist those in need and then move on.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Yeah, I've just watched the second film (not a fan of the first one) and that's definitely the case there.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
First film is good, but it's definitely a situation where the sequel turns out to be closer to the director's vision thanks to a larger budget and is in turn lots better. Love the second one.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Yeah the first movie's budget hurt it. I like aspects of it, but some of the night scenes where so rough and didn't translate well especially on bluray.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
How good or bad looking do you guys think Jurassic World could be?

Offline George

Honestly? Looks like a typical hollywood movie. So ... 6/10 is my guess. At least my personal "George scale of hype" before seeing the movie. So, does that mean much?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
I saw the latest Jurassic World trailer before Fury Road and it didn't do much for me. I love me some JP, but the dinos just look too fake. Hardly any animatronics and they are too quick to just show all these dinosaurs. I know we're four movies in, but they really should have operated with a less is more mentality like the first two movies. I will say I am very happy to see B.D. Wong back in his old role from the first movie. From what I've read his book character is much more prominent.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Thanks for clearing this up. 'Cause I got a confession to make: This is the first Mad Max movie I've ever seen, so I was largely unfamiliar with this whole movie. In a way, it's like those old western movies but set in a post-apocalyptic future.

Anyway, with regards to Jurrasic World. I'm kinda excited for it. Incidentally I was watching part of Lost World: Jurrasic Park right now. it did not age well.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Just saw Fury Road, can't wait to enter Valhalla! Great movie, joins Kingsman as my favorite movies of 2015.
Definitely planning on seeing Fury Road after seeing that everyone in the world (aside from MRAs) seems to love it.

Can I see this movie without having a tumblr account? Will I get lynched for seeing it as a white heterosexual male? I'm not 'really' white if that makes a difference.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Watched Jurassic World today. Tbh, I liked most of the movie(bar the ending and Hollywood creep at parts). It mixes elements of JP1,2,3 and somehow didn't manage to create a complete abomination.

The dinos were nice, it was cheesy good fun and violence. Could it have been better? Absolutely, but as it is, the movie did a decent job of presenting itself, if not struggling somewhat with eventual filler depending on the context.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon

Terminator: Genisys has best CGI.

Anyone interested in seeing this train wreck?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
I'm watching, for sure.

Emilia Clarke is in it, so why not?
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

She looks like shes playing the exact  character form Game of Thrones with a different outfit.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Ehh, don't care for her acting.

I'm a fan for other reasons.

=)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 06:48:13 pm by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Ehh, don't care for her acting.

I'm a fan for others reasons.