Author Topic: Sega Dreamast @ GamesCom & New games?  (Read 2164 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Sega Dreamast @ GamesCom & New games?
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:11:48 am »
I thought I share this news post I posted on DCS/DC Emu/RSG FaceBook:

Quote from: "cube_b3"
Dreamcast has had a busy year; Sega confirmed at E3 that Dreamcast games will be available in the form of Digital Downloads on XBLA & PSN in September. To celebrate the announcement Sega distributed Dreamcast themed T-Shirts in exchange for fond memories with the console at E3, those without fond memories had a chance to experience what they missed out on with Dreamcast classics Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure playable at the companies booth.

Unfortunately Sega will not be distributing Dreamcast T-Shirts in Europe as the they will not be participating in this year’s GamesCom (Europe’s equivalent to America’s E3) to fill in this void, Dreamcast publisher RedSpotGames will participate and distribute 2 unique Dreamcast themed T-Shirts, unfortunately they will not be exchanged for nostalgic memories, instead they will be sold for 25$ (€19.95).

Roel van Mastbergen and Jeroen van Mastbergen of Senile Team, have confirmed their presence at the booth, so make sure to get your copy of Rush Rush Rally Racing as they will have a signing session, if you’ve been reluctant to pick up your copy, you can try before you buy R4 will be playable at RSG’s booth. Furthermore we have received confirmation from Senile Team that they are revealing something new at the convention although it isn’t directly related to the Dreamcast. RSG has already confirmed a game for XBLI, and are situated opposite Microsoft’s booth so will Senile Team’s latest be revealed for XBLI or Nintendo’s console (adjacent to RSG’s booth) remains to be seen DC-Emu will be bringing you exclusive coverage from the show floor thanks to Maturion.

As of press time RSG did not confirm to us whether their other 2 games (Wind & Water: Puzzle Battle or Last Hope) will be playable or not. As per tradition the publisher usually showcases more than just their Dreamcast games at gaming events. Lastly the publisher has informed us they will not be revealing any new Dreamcast games at the convention, never the less we have been assured that they will in the near future.

We also contacted Rene Hellwig of Hucast.Net and NG:Dev Team, he confirmed that his teams will not be participating at the convention, nonetheless he was hopeful that he could deliver a revision of Dux by this year. We also asked him if the Dreamcast would receive a port of their latest Neo-Geo shooter Fast Striker, the game is currently not being ported to the Dreamcast, however Hellwig said we will be rewarded at some point.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Alex Supersonic

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sega Dreamast @ GamesCom & New games?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 02:49:10 pm »
Just returned from Gamescom, I didn't see the other new game from them. Maybe it was Rush Rush Rally for WiiWare.

They had 2 Dreamcast racks with Rush Rush Rally and that puzzle game (don't remember the name now)
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Sega Dreamast @ GamesCom & New games?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:03:26 pm »
Wind & Water, the new game for Dreamcast is Fast Striker I don't think RSG would publish it, they might distribute it though.

For those who can't go to GamesCom here :

*RSG's blog doesn't work with Internet Explorer use Mozilla or Chrome or something...
Preproduction booth photos
http://www.redspotgames.com/gamescom-20 ... aufbautag/

The booth open to the public
http://www.redspotgames.com/gamescom-20 ... pressetag/