Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 253020 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2012, 09:05:14 am »
S0L needs to return. He has an account! :)

I foresee no cameos that infringe on rival games. Like on PS3, Sackboy would be unlikely since he's the competition in his own kart game. PS All-Stars probably also doesn't want SEGA to steal their thunder when it comes to first party Sony character announcements. Nintendo is very picky when it comes to Mario cameos. Wreck-It Ralph didn't get one. I can't see him in Transformed given that Mario Kart is a competing game. At most, we'll see another Microsoft cameo or something like Ralph where it doesn't impose on another game. People give MS a lot of shit, but at least they're the least protective of their IPs. Banjo-Kazooie was a cool addition, and showed that MS wasn't afraid for some crossover fun. Meanwhile, Nintendo and Sony were assholes and didn't allow for cameo characters thus making MS look like the odd man out and SEGA actually got shit from fans for this. "Waah! Why is Banjo on my box art?!"

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2012, 11:10:08 pm »
Not really amp for another third party character, but if it's a Microsoft character I'd pick Master Chief..

By the way, what do you guys think about the roster so far? The last two games was a little too focused on Sonic Team, well the first one mostly. It'll be cool to see some more characters from Overworks.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2012, 10:54:06 am »
I'm really happy that they're expanding it from the mostly Sonic cast of the first game.
Vyse was a really nice surprise.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2012, 09:28:15 pm »
Wonder if their gonna put some obscured characters in the game. I would love to see anyone from Alien Storm riding the Alien Buster van which can transform into a space aircraft from the ending. Scooter would be perfect since he does rodeo lol.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2012, 05:00:14 pm »
Looks like our green heroric robot won't be making the cut. http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7476851&viewfull=1#post7476851
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI_zxGEUyhs[/youtube]

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2012, 05:30:05 pm »
I appreciate S0L explaining the absence from SEGAbits.
The shout out's much appreciated, and the reason's very understandable. Can't wait to play the game :).

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2012, 10:05:28 pm »
Welp, I don't really care much for Vectorman (The Character).  But I know a lot of people who will be disappointed.

His inclusion makes sense given the game's main mechanic.

I just hope Ryo and Jacky&Akira make the cut...And we see some kind of a Streets of Rage representation.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »
I wonder if we're going to see at least a few Japan only IPs in the game. Japan made a lot awesome games that hasn't been released in the West yet. ( Sakura Wars *hint* *hint*)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2012, 10:38:26 pm »
I know that sumo has assured us again and again that the guest characters haven't knocked out any sega racers from the roster but it's hard not to grow skeptical as we start to learn who didn't make the cut.  I mean if vectorman is out I HIGHLY doubt Sakura is going to make it in. 

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2012, 11:33:54 pm »
I guess were going to have to wait and see. Even though Sumo does want this game to be released in Japan as well. :/ That'll probably never happen.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2012, 01:01:09 am »
I hate to say this Kori, but the probability of Sakura Taisen getting even a cameo in this game is REALLY low.

I will be very surprised if it got a representation.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:52 am »
Too bad bout Vectorman, but I'm sure there is a legal reason why.

Awesome that we got a shout out, placed BEFORE neogaf and gamefaqs. Wahaha.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2012, 09:24:01 am »
Welp, I don't really care much for Vectorman (The Character).  But I know a lot of people who will be disappointed.

How can you not care about Vectorman?! The guy is made up entirely of greenballs and is a garbage man who SAVED THE WORLD!

I know that sumo has assured us again and again that the guest characters haven't knocked out any sega racers from the roster but it's hard not to grow skeptical as we start to learn who didn't make the cut.  I mean if vectorman is out I HIGHLY doubt Sakura is going to make it in.

Ristar is not in this game either. A lot of characters that people believed would be in this game are infact just rumours that had no backing in the first place. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Too bad bout Vectorman, but I'm sure there is a legal reason why.

SEGA owns the character Vectorman outright. It has nothing to do with any potential legal ramifications.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2012, 09:48:29 am »
The thing is why Sega is missing perfect oppurtunities with this game. Vectorman would have fitted perfectly for this game. The game's theme is "transformed" after all. Yeah, Ristar probably won't show either after everyone put their best efforts to request him in this game. I also wish that the game had at least a few popular Sega eastern only IPs represented in the game even if one of them happens to be Sakura Taisen and I know all of us have been requesting Segata Sanshiro but all of that cost money. Damn Sega, you've listened to us back then, what happen this time? I'm still gonna get the game though.

PS: A transforming robot, Koubu steampunk car, and a floating transforming Sega Saturn would have been awesome.

Offline Kori-Maru