Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 252997 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2012, 12:06:15 pm »
Some reasons why Vectorman isn't in the game http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread&p=7477491&viewfull=1#post7477491
His reasoning should apply to Gilius, Opa Opa, and the Bonanza Bros, etc...

How can you not care about Vectorman?! The guy is made up entirely of greenballs and is a garbage man who SAVED THE WORLD!
Bleh
I hate green :P

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2012, 04:23:00 pm »
I'll still buy a few copies anyway to support Sumo. Even if it doesn't have Sakura Shinguji, Vectorman, Segata, or Ristar. The game is still enjoyable after playing it like 10 times. If a next game comes around, I hope these characters make the cut and give the game a complete Sega feeling to it.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2012, 11:29:09 am »
Honestly we shouldn't act like a bunch of ungrateful fans, because the fact Vyse, Joe musashi are in this game is allready enough to be grateful about. I mean vyse?? Seriously if there's one character i'd never expected it is him. Vectorman may be a loss, but they stated pretty solid reasons for his apearance not to be there.

I am sure alot of stuff is going to dissapoint(or not hopefully) but if there is 1 character I really want it's ristar. But yeah, if not, I really can't help but take it for granted because they've done so much allready when "SEGA" isn't even in the title anymore.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:25:56 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Pao

« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2012, 02:24:16 pm »
Outrun Track was just confirmed...Fantastic news, except its exclusive to the bonus edition of the game.
I hope it contains a Magical Sound Shower remix... in anycase, the best thing about this game so far has been the tracks... All are amazing.

Oh.. and the Bonus edition contains Metal Sonic too.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2012, 04:17:43 pm »
I do not think S0L understand what variation means for the typical SEGA fan. Mainly Sonic Team and Dreamcast IP? Where is the variation in that? But I am glad he confirmed this is for modern SEGA fans, that is all I needed to know that I do not have to bother with cash on this and just focus on getting Yakuza 1&2, Yakuza 5 and their digital ports.

Honestly we shouldn't act like a bunch of ungrateful fans, because honestly the fact Vyse, Joe musashi are in this game is allready enough to be grateful about. I mean vyse?? Seriously if there's one character i'd never expected it is him. Vectorman may be a loss, but they stated pretty solid reasons for his apearance not to be there.

I am sure alot of stuff is going to dissapoint(or not hopefully) but if there is 1 character I really want it's ristar. But yeah, if not, I really can't help but take it for granted because they've done so much allready when "SEGA" isn't even in the title anymore.

I see no reason why I cannot act the way I am? Apply this to any Sonic thread and you (And I) rightly would be consistently pushing Sonic Team to up their game (PUN INTENDED) so why should I give Sumo a freepass when I was dissatisfied with their prior game and so far I am put off with Sonic Team taking a big portion of this game and Dreamcast era (I console which I might add is SEGA's THIRD most successful, not first) why should I not complain? It is my hard earned money they'll be taking from me after all!

And I can confirm Ristar is not in this game. I also know some characters may not exactly be what everyone wants...

Offline Pao

« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2012, 04:41:26 pm »
I also know some characters may not exactly be what everyone wants...
Cryptic!
Care to share more? P:

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »
I do not think S0L understand what variation means for the typical SEGA fan. Mainly Sonic Team and Dreamcast IP? Where is the variation in that? But I am glad he confirmed this is for modern SEGA fans, that is all I needed to know that I do not have to bother with cash on this and just focus on getting Yakuza 1&2, Yakuza 5 and their digital ports.

I see no reason why I cannot act the way I am? Apply this to any Sonic thread and you (And I) rightly would be consistently pushing Sonic Team to up their game (PUN INTENDED) so why should I give Sumo a freepass when I was dissatisfied with their prior game and so far I am put off with Sonic Team taking a big portion of this game and Dreamcast era (I console which I might add is SEGA's THIRD most successful, not first) why should I not complain? It is my hard earned money they'll be taking from me after all!

And I can confirm Ristar is not in this game. I also know some characters may not exactly be what everyone wants...
I see where you are coming from Aki, but we're dealing with 2 different teams here.

One that has either been missunderstanding or completely ignoring everything the fans want and comes off as if it lacks any love and passion for what they're working on. I'd also say they lack a skilled team sometimes.

And then we look at Sumo that have put lots of effort on an amazingly built framework that would have been great built around any theme. The gameplay is allready set and sound and really has the potential to be the best of it's genre from what i've seen so far. So where it comes down to really is on what they decide to use or not based around many factors. From all the impressions i've got from interviews and their daily posts around forums (which is another thing I really apreciate from them) is that no doubt they have really put alot of thought into the whole proces of characters and level themes(something I don't think sonicteam did when they had to decide upon levels in sonic generations for example).

Of course they would want every character we demand to be in the game, but realistically they just have to leave some out and pick the ones who make more sense within the package, that are possible to implement within a reasonable timeframe, and that are gonna help the game sell more over those who don't.

Vectorman is a loss, but if it wasn't vectorman, it would have been vyse. If it wasn't vectorman, it would have been Joe mushashi and so forth. Well on a side note, I do think Reala is useless, but I really like to wait and see what else is gonna get anounced.

I really don't wanna believe you're statement about Ristar though :P, because that would actually be a big confirmation of Sumo completely ignoring a major request, plus he was an easteregg in the previous game DLC. Unless there's a valid reason, which I can't think of, i'll guess we just make the best of what's there. But again, I can't be ungrateful with a panzerdragoon track in the game and many other stuff that are going to play, look and sound amazing. I'm personally very much looking forward to all the music remixes done by richard Jaques
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 12:20:19 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Pao

« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2012, 05:46:43 pm »
I'm not entirely satisfied with the character roster so far, especially with the inclusion of random guest characters, but we still got Joe, Gillius, Vyse, NiGHTS... If Ryo, Alex, and Jacky and Akira return the roster would still be better than the previous game, IMO.

Personally, Characters won't be affecting my purchase , I see a Kart racer with great potential, so even If the character roster is all Sonic I don't plan on skipping the game... The previous ASR was really great, if they managed to improve the formula and make the second game more balanced, then it can easily be the best in its genre.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2012, 06:48:30 pm »
I'm sorry but we're not going to agree on this CrazyTails, I do not think we will agree but I hope you have fun of the title at least. I just do not think I would and unless they can sway me, a classic arcade SEGA fan, I do not think I like where this title is going. We'll agree to disagree.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2012, 07:32:25 pm »
Aki-at... I understand that your not satisfied with the news about Vectorman. But we can't bash S0L for it. S0L probably doesn't want to come back on SegaBits after reading your post.

At least we have a Outrun Track coming along. I hope there's a House of the Dead track coming along. Please let it be Point A0063 (Goldman Building)

Offline Pao

« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2012, 07:54:43 pm »
But we can't bash S0L for it. S0L probably doesn't want to come back on SegaBits after reading your post.
I don't think he bashed him though.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2012, 07:59:36 pm »
Sorry, read it a bit fast. College does that after studying for finals. But S0L is kinda afraid of coming to this forum for the time being.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2012, 11:41:27 pm »
It's okay Aki. I think it maybe also has to do with how much is still unknown for me, so in my mind there's still alot of optomism about the roster. When characters like Ryo Hazuki, Ristar and Opa opa are denounced, I'll probably jump on the same boat. But that would still not affect the game's amazing gameplay and the fact the roster allready has a "Vyse" for me in it, in no way can I write the game off anymore :(

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2012, 05:06:05 am »
Just want to jump in here and say this,

One that has either been missunderstanding or completely ignoring everything the fans want and comes off as if it lacks any love and passion for what they're working on. I'd also say they lack a skilled team sometimes.

How you can still believe any of this after Sonic Generations blows my mind... I mean it may not have been your favourite Sonic game but to say that the team lacked skill? or passion? After recreating some of the series most beloved stages in both 2D and 3D? Adding modern and classic sonic? All those classic and remixed tunes? Lots of paths in each level to discover... Gameplay which has improved year on year since 2006. Heck the fantastic character development/script for Dr Robotnik.

Was it the best it could ever be? maybe not. But the way some sonic fans completely disregard of all the great features, beautiful graphics, awesome music and other general series improvments just so they can complain about Classic sonics jump physics or modern sonics boost button. (Which yes I'm sure is very important, but isn't the entire game.

With each game that has released since 2006 Sonic Team has improved in leaps and bounds fixing multiple fan complains with each itteration. I just find it kind of sad that all of theres improvments can be so easily brushed aside and Sonic Team are again tarred with the 'no talent, no passion' brush simply becuase people get caught up on the remaining quibbles.

Oh well... Maybe next time? I won't be holding my breath.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2012, 08:35:11 am »
It's okay Aki. I think it maybe also has to do with how much is still unknown for me, so in my mind there's still alot of optomism about the roster. When characters like Ryo Hazuki, Ristar and Opa opa are denounced, I'll probably jump on the same boat. But that would still not affect the game's amazing gameplay and the fact the roster allready has a "Vyse" for me in it, in no way can I write the game off anymore :(

I will say this, the person who told me that Ristar is not in this game told me Vectorman was not in this game either. So far he is 50% right and I have no reason to doubt him, considering how close he is to Sumo I trust him. I knew Vectorman was not going to be in this game months prior and Vectorman was quite the popular character.

Infact there are two characters still to be confirmed that will really annoy Radrappy (Different person told me) but I think Ryan would like it quite a bit!

For me, having Vyse is not enough and I just do not see why I should be grateful for either Panzer Dragoon OR Joe Musashi being in this game. Panzer Dragoon had over 4 titles to it's name, it should be in a game ahead of Amigo, NiGHTS and Billy Hatcher. And Joe Musashi, come on, this guy was the mascot of SEGA, not having him in would have shown SEGA does not get its legacy and Sumo does not understand SEGA's heritage. However reading in the direction SEGA West is going pretty much confirmed to me that the new President is more interested in shortterm profits.