Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 253023 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2012, 09:30:10 pm »
Does anyone know if there are multiple pieces of music for each course? Being able to choose several different songs for a race was a feature I liked in the first game.

Unfortunately no. Each track has dynamic music that changes based on the transformation. So I'd guess three tunes per track?

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »
Unfortunately no. Each track has dynamic music that changes based on the transformation. So I'd guess three tunes per track?

That's still pretty cool. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack!
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline SaturnineNights

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2012, 09:45:17 pm »
I bet tracks that have major shifts in locale, like NiGHTS, would have distinct pieces of music for each area, but that other tracks just mutate the music a little to suit the shift in vehicle.

PLEASE let PD have "Flight..."

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2012, 07:38:33 am »
Pretty sure the PD track does have Flight.

Awesome thing is, all the music is newly produced or remixed by the great Richard Jaques. So really, we're looking at a massive amount of tracks, all remixed and spanning SEGA's history. I really hope they make a soundtrack album, because this could be one of the most epic remix albums from SEGA. PD, NiGHTS, Sonic, After Burner, Out Run, not to mention the All-Star Moves might have newly produced riffs.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2012, 11:23:19 am »
^ There are also track specific music before the race begins, and another one after the race ends. (Like the first game)

Also, the original game's theme music has been remixed, it sounds much better! You can hear it in the background in the beginning:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/9541ok/sonic---all-stars-racing-transformed-sdcc-12--transformed-walkthrough--cam-

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2012, 12:57:22 pm »
They did an amazing job. I like the music transitions after you transform. Seems like every 3 of them gets their own music track and changes similar to PSO. I recognize both the Surface and Sea music, if anyone can tell me which the one is heard through the air section i'd be very grateful :P

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2012, 12:59:32 pm »
Hey everyone, new here to the forums so I hope you don't mind me joining.  ;)

Anyway, I hope that this game has great blends of melodies, remixes and probably the right jingles!

No idea whether Skies of Arcadia Track will use the Opportunity Theme, but it would suit as a last stretch of the lap or even as a Victory Fanfare tune.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2012, 02:45:48 pm »
Welcome to SEGAbits Nameless 15! I'm happy you are joining us!

You're right about the Opportunity theme, that's one of my favorite pieces from Skies of Arcadia and it would be awesome if it somehow made it into this game.

Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »
Welcome to SEGAbits Nameless 15! I'm happy you are joining us!

You're right about the Opportunity theme, that's one of my favorite pieces from Skies of Arcadia and it would be awesome if it somehow made it into this game.

Thanks Cosmic.

I seemed to have made the wrong number for my avatar too (The avatar is Number 24....D'oh!).

Ah well, I like the number 15 anyway, lol.

It would indeed. Now I wonder if they'll include a Valkyria track? (hint hint)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2012, 04:02:02 pm »
Lol hey, welcome to the forums Nameless. I personally hope they put at least the air battle theme in the game (not ship battles but the battles on the deck).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Sid4-4F4A[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:16:34 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2012, 04:14:38 pm »
Lol hey, welcome to the forums Nameless. I personally hope they put at least the air battle theme in the game (not ship battles but the battles on the deck).

Thanks for the warm welcome, although the youtube doesn't seem to be working...but I know which theme you mean! :)

Very excited to get this game. I just hope that the remaining 5/6 tracks will be of very obscure SEGA games, such as Burning Rangers, Valkyria Chronicles, Phantasy Star and probably Fantasy Zone/Space Harrier.  ;D

I like what I see so far, although the concern for me is if the boating/flying segments are in the same league as the driving itself, since you have to consider the item firing when flying since you have to aim more accurately for that sort of thing. I am guessing they'll consider all of this though in the remaining 12 weeks they will have left on the game.  :)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »
Hey everyone, new here to the forums so I hope you don't mind me joining.  ;)

Welcome to the forums! Always nice to see a fresh face.  8)

Offline SaturnineNights

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2012, 01:45:29 am »
I just hope that the remaining 5/6 tracks will be of very obscure SEGA games

If Space Harrier, Bug!/Clockwork Knight, and Fantasy Zone are included, I'll be the happiest man alive.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2012, 09:55:42 am »
If Space Harrier, Bug!/Clockwork Knight, and Fantasy Zone are included, I'll be the happiest man alive.

Thanks Barry the Nomad!  :)

Isn't Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier the same Universe? I bet they could add them both into one mega track if anything!  ;D

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2012, 09:59:32 am »
S0L said in the NiGHTS fan site interview the since NiGHTS is a racer, they needed a new flying character to be flag man. I really think it'll be Opa Opa.