Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 253026 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2012, 11:23:55 am »
Won't be so hard if we played together. Also love the House Party of the Dead achievement.

The problem is that most of the achievements are not online but in the Grand Prix...and I doubt people will help each other get the Ax Battler Achievement.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »
Now folks are making petition threads on the Sega forums. Kinda wish Sumo was here for the Sega stuff than there. Don't get me wrong there are some good members there and there are some you know...

Anyway, it's good to be a HOTD fan right about now :)

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #392 on: October 24, 2012, 09:26:53 am »
Apparently Big is cameoed on Seaside Hill's track by the looks of what Sonic Stadium have said.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2012, 06:48:30 pm »
^Lol yeah and there is actually a great video where u can hear the panzer dragoon remixes more clearly

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EluftjGPZjo[/youtube]

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #394 on: October 25, 2012, 05:31:22 am »
The music is just so amazing. The flight section of "Flight" actually sounds much different then it's original form! It's as though it's an entirely new song!

Same with the boating segments...but you can tell it's still Flight.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #395 on: October 25, 2012, 07:57:10 am »
The flight one is the only one of the 3 i cant seem to decipher. Perhaps i never heard it before but if possible could u provide a youtube link to the song?

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #396 on: October 25, 2012, 12:05:23 pm »
What do you guys think of this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHH1_oj6KMo[/youtube]

My thoughts.
-Too many Sonic characters
-Too many Western type characters (A mixture of Sega's Western & JP-only would do nice)
-Should have "Megamix" to the title
-Good concepts but to make it different from Smash Bros so the game doesn't get a lot of hate, the gameplay should feel like Power Stone/Dynamite Deka.
-Where is Mr. Dynamite Bruno Dilinger and mai favorite Sega Gal Sakura Shinguji  ::)

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #397 on: October 25, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »
waaaay too many sonic characters yeah. 

It's a really good example though of the varied and powerful line up Sega has in terms of characters.  The selection already puts sony to shame. 

If sega actually did go through with a title like this, I would say you'd need to get a Japanese developer involved. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:11:12 pm by Radrappy »

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #398 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:14 pm »
waaaay too many sonic characters yeah. 

It's a really good example though of the varied and powerful line up Sega has in terms of characters.  The selection already puts sony to shame. 

If sega actually did go through with a title like this, I would say you'd need to get a Japanese developer involved.
Yes and a thousand times yes. If they do that, I hope they try to make it appealing for everyone and not just the West. I've always felt that somethings we're missing in the previous All-Stars titles.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #399 on: October 25, 2012, 04:22:22 pm »
If SEGA ever made a fighting game, i'd want it to be similar to power stone rather than smash bros. At least it would be based around an IP originated on a SEGA console, with amazing game concept that I personally find way better than smash bros.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2012, 07:34:57 am »
Not to mention Anarchy Reigns, which they could also borrow ideas from. Better to have people compare it to Power Stone and a PG title than a Nintendo title. Not to mention Fighters Megamix.

Ideally, they'd rerelease Fighters Megamix first and tout it as the ORIGINAL multi-franchise fighter, making some sly digs at Smash Bros and PS All-Stars. Then announce a SEGA fighter with Power Stone and Anarchy Reigns similarities. Killing two complaints right there about being a Smash Bros ripoff. Also, the title would just HAVE to have Megamix in the title. It's a no-brainer. "Sonic & All-Stars Fighters Megamix" or something to that effect.

Warzone is such a shitty subtitle, doesn't even sound like a SEGA game. Sounds more like a FPS title.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #401 on: October 26, 2012, 02:33:33 pm »
Not to mention Anarchy Reigns, which they could also borrow ideas from. Better to have people compare it to Power Stone and a PG title than a Nintendo title. Not to mention Fighters Megamix.

Ideally, they'd rerelease Fighters Megamix first and tout it as the ORIGINAL multi-franchise fighter, making some sly digs at Smash Bros and PS All-Stars. Then announce a SEGA fighter with Power Stone and Anarchy Reigns similarities. Killing two complaints right there about being a Smash Bros ripoff. Also, the title would just HAVE to have Megamix in the title. It's a no-brainer. "Sonic & All-Stars Fighters Megamix" or something to that effect.

Warzone is such a shitty subtitle, doesn't even sound like a SEGA game. Sounds more like a FPS title.
Yeah yeah! Add a Bare Knuckle and a Zombie Revenge mission to reference these two awesome games as well. I can see that happening with Power Stone game play. They could also combine the game play feeling to Dynamite Deka to give a arcade feel.

Just hope that someone in Sega's marketing doesn't f up.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #402 on: October 30, 2012, 06:31:11 am »
With the game only 2 weeks away in Europe...does anyone have any expectations for this game regarding how it'll handle?

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #403 on: October 30, 2012, 09:25:20 am »
With the game only 2 weeks away in Europe...does anyone have any expectations for this game regarding how it'll handle?

I'm expecting a smooth removal of shrink wrap, some minor difficulty getting my thumbnail under the security strip but a satisfying residue-free peeling sensation.  A nice solid snapping open of the case.  Then, unfortunately, some difficulty in getting the disc to pop off the spindle -- accompanied by some cursing.  And finally, an effortless landing in the disc tray and away we go.

Anybody got any thoughts on how the cars will handle?  ;D

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #404 on: October 30, 2012, 09:54:38 am »
From the demo, Sonic's seems to be more balanced. Amigo's acceleration in Webber's hands were fast. Joe Musashi has poor handling but his boost is crazy fast.