Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 253018 times)

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
Re: BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!! Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #555 on: November 21, 2012, 01:23:45 am »
I played all the levels on Easy, to see how far you can get with that limited # of stars earned, and had trouble on a few of the modes as I learned them (especially elimination). The regular races have been cake once I learned stunt boosting, and playing them again on Medium hasn't been too taxing.

I played Hard on the demo, and it pummeled me, so I'm curious how I'll do once I step up to it with a new skill set and leveled up characters.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #556 on: November 21, 2012, 02:03:47 am »
I like that most of the game is purely based on skills. If you lose 1st place it's not because some weapon hit you. Everything is avoidable as long you got what it takes. What counters that is the amazingly well crafted levels which really engage and require your full attention.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #557 on: November 21, 2012, 04:05:29 am »
I like that most of the game is purely based on skills. If you lose 1st place it's not because some weapon hit you. Everything is avoidable as long you got what it takes. What counters that is the amazingly well crafted levels which really engage and require your full attention.

Fully agree with this. Every action counts. Every turn, every stunt boost, every item grab, character selection, everything. The precision work that can be pulled off in this game is unreal.

And the levels are brilliantly designed. Each one is stunning. In traditional Sega form, this game make others in the genre look ordinary.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #558 on: November 21, 2012, 08:12:02 am »
Great news! [spoiler]Alex Kidd[/spoiler] is a timed unlock, a free Christmas gift from SEGA. If you play offline and change your clock to December 25th you can play as him right now! (according to SOnic Stadium)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #559 on: November 21, 2012, 09:25:01 am »

Fully agree with this. Every action counts. Every turn, every stunt boost, every item grab, character selection, everything. The precision work that can be pulled off in this game is unreal.

And the levels are brilliantly designed. Each one is stunning. In traditional Sega form, this game make others in the genre look ordinary.

yeah, that's the aspects that I like about the game too. I'm not super good at dodging items, but I noticed it helps a lot when I manage to dodge them.

I mean I liked the last game.. but i got bored of it... i could never go back to it now. XD
I can't ever seeing myself getting bored of this game. and eventually the PC version will be out.. and that one can be played at 60 FPS... ooooh man. xD

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #560 on: November 21, 2012, 12:59:27 pm »
I disconnected my Xbox from the Internet and set the date to 2013.... And a certain former mascot was playable! Really enjoyed playing as him! Love the allstar move.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #561 on: November 21, 2012, 01:18:06 pm »
Danica Patrick says ASR Transformed separates the men from the boys XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGYf3FDp-XU

Offline Randroid

« Reply #562 on: November 21, 2012, 02:09:09 pm »
I disconnected my Xbox from the Internet and set the date to 2013.... And a certain former mascot was playable! Really enjoyed playing as him! Love the allstar move.

Haha, that's awesome (this game keeps getting better and better). Does he remain playable after you switch the time back to current?

Also, has anyone figured out how to reliably do a "transformation boost"? It's happened randomly to me and I can't seem to nail down what triggers it. Every advantage counts.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #563 on: November 21, 2012, 02:35:18 pm »
Haha, that's awesome (this game keeps getting better and better). Does he remain playable after you switch the time back to current?

Also, has anyone figured out how to reliably do a "transformation boost"? It's happened randomly to me and I can't seem to nail down what triggers it. Every advantage counts.

do a trick when transforming, only seems to work when your higher, like.. you cant do a transformation trick if your in boat form going into car for example.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #564 on: November 21, 2012, 03:18:14 pm »

Nah, he disappears. But he is a lot of fun to race as and really makes the roster a lot stronger!

Offline Gagaman

• Total Meseta: 2
    • http://segamemories.tumblr.com/
« Reply #565 on: November 22, 2012, 05:14:05 am »
Can someone please actually make a real life [spoiler]Dreamcast Controller remote control toy boat[/spoiler]?
I would chuck money at however does.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #566 on: November 22, 2012, 07:04:19 am »
Glad to see the old mascot back in the game after Christmas!

I'm on 225 Stars and struggling on Traffic Attack. (I did the hardest one last night to get it out of the way)

Boost Race on the Burning Rangers track is also annoying....ESPECIALLY that invisible wall on lap 2. -_-
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Randroid

« Reply #567 on: November 22, 2012, 11:59:48 am »
do a trick when transforming, only seems to work when your higher, like.. you cant do a transformation trick if your in boat form going into car for example.

That was it. Thanks for the tip.

Offline Randroid

« Reply #568 on: November 22, 2012, 03:43:29 pm »
Ugh, f*** Kotaku!

I get a link in my inbox for Kotaku's the review of this game and surprise-surprise, they bashed it.

WTF? Seriously? They're the only bad review I read out of 7 sites so far. Thankfully, they review was trashed hard in the comment section. At least their readers aren't tools like the editors are.

If you want your blood pressure raised, here's the source: http://kotaku.com/sega-superstars/

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #569 on: November 22, 2012, 11:23:01 pm »
I think these so called game journalists need to start making a distinction on wether something is heir own fault for sucking or wether it is the game. Seems like the website is not being run by actual gamers, but yeah it seems the game has allready proven itself to many so im glad with the commenters.

By the way shadi, i actually raced you 3 times in a row a few hours ago XD. You were maining gum and i gotta say shadi that i am really surprised at how good you are(XD). I had set my goal to at least win you, but it was really hard and all the 3 times you were able to stay ahead of me. We had some great matches

If you pay attention to names. I was playing at a friend and his psn name is wikhasj, i also remember a dissintient in our game. We did a samba level, galactic parade and another one which i dont remember.