Author Topic: Monster World IV or The Greatest Mega Drive game you have never played!  (Read 10202 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Monster World IV or The Greatest Mega Drive game you have never played!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 05:13:00 pm »
Ah! Well I think what it is is that the 360 gets the collection with the 3D menus, etc. And PSN gets the individual games.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
I just picked it up on the Virtual Console.
I love the look of it, but I can't seem to find the crystal I need to get started :(.

Offline SOUP

I picked it up the other day on the PSN.
I'm hooked. I've been playing it all week, and just entered the fourth portal.  The options they have available to you in the port are really fantastic. The quicksave feature, jukebox, and the ability to map out custom controls are great. I've been using a Street Fighter X Tekken fight pad, and have it all set up like a Genesis controller. Feels pretty good ;).

I can't get over how good this game is.

Offline SOUP

I just beat the game last night.
Definitely a lost classic. One of my top 3 Genesis picks for sure.

Offline SaturnineNights

• Total Meseta: 0
So, Monster World IV is worth the $5, is what you guys are saying?

Offline SOUP

Well worth the $5  :D.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
The game is seriously brilliant. Never expected SEGA to bring this over fully translated, but could not be happier that they did. I am shocked I never played entirely through a ROM of this long ago, it felt so good to take in the whole thing. Every level is so different from one another, from art to types of concepts and enemies fought.

Anyone interested in the Wonder Boy games that are scared off of the difficulty should know this is still pretty challenging, but does not feel cheap or anything. It does a great job with hinting at what to do or what is coming up without dropping you into a tough situation and expect you to learn your way out.

Like SOUP I just cannot get over how wonderful the game is. Really a hidden gem.