Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 280134 times)

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2014, 05:34:38 am »
Joystiq's review.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/13/bayonetta-2-review-a-witchs-witch/#continued

"If you bought the Wii U months ago explicitly in anticipation of Bayonetta 2, congratulations, your decision has paid off in spades."

Which I did. Yay! Can't wait for it to arrive now.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #421 on: October 13, 2014, 05:37:19 am »
Gamespot's only negative:
The sad realisation that future action games may never top this

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2014, 06:31:26 am »
Yeah, people know it's a SEGA game hopefully (although I have seen many people assume it's now a Nintendo franchise), but I'm sure there are fans out there who thought the references to SEGA were a bit much too (other than the "Eggman" reference, I was okay with all of the references), as there are sadly people who don't like SEGA (experienced a few in my time).

If Nintendo's costumes become mandatory in the story or are required to get other weapons in the game, then I'll have a problem with it, but as far as I know, they've only shown them on Nintendo Direct to hopefully move more units for the more mature Nintendo fans out there (no idea how many there are, probably not a lot).

All in all, I am happy the game exists and the other stuff is just extra.

I saw the Biplane cutscene in one of the trailers and thought of the Tornado.

Can't see how since the references were to games that a lot of today's gamers never played like SPACE HARRIER. If anything they would have gone over their heads.
And yes while there are people who hate sega...they're talking shiznit when complaing about the references..if they actually know what they were without reading a list about them online first...compared to the Nintendo references in this title its minimal.

Offline TruthEnigma

« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2014, 06:52:10 am »
At this point, if Bayonetta doesn't sell it says more about the state of the Wii U rather than the viability of the franchise.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2014, 07:01:02 am »
At this point, if Bayonetta doesn't sell it says more about the state of the Wii U rather than the viability of the franchise.

Well Bayonetta didn't sell that great on the 360 or PS3 really . I have to say that Bayonetta is a vastly overrated game from a developer that is also vastly overrated imo (read that doesn't mean they're bad, just not as good as some make out) .

The sad realisation that future action games may never top this

Well I've yet to play the Bay II but will have to say that action games for SEGA itself I found better . To me Binary Domain is a much better 'action' game (yes ok some will class it as a 3rd person action game)  never mind Ninja Gadien II which it is head and shoulders above Bayonetta - Hell I might be the only one but I enjoyed the totally over the top, totally bonkers action in Ninja Blade.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2014, 12:10:44 pm »
Well Bayonetta didn't sell that great on the 360 or PS3 really . I have to say that Bayonetta is a vastly overrated game

Get the fuck out and never darken these forums with your presence again.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2014, 12:16:56 pm »
Get the fuck out and never darken these forums with your presence again.

Well it didn't sell that big in the west..but enough to have great buisness...in Japan it sold the million sales....
But now its kinda flopped in Japan..how would the west sales be like? I'd laugh if this game saw the reverse..and became the million seller in the west instead of japan...

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #427 on: October 13, 2014, 01:03:07 pm »
I think he was more talking about how Bayonetta is "vastly overrated". Which it isn't, it's an amazing game by an amazing developer. This is totes a fact that can't be argued with.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #428 on: October 13, 2014, 05:47:57 pm »
Well I've yet to play the Bay II but will have to say that action games for SEGA itself I found better . To me Binary Domain is a much better 'action' game (yes ok some will class it as a 3rd person action game)  never mind Ninja Gadien II which it is head and shoulders above Bayonetta - Hell I might be the only one but I enjoyed the totally over the top, totally bonkers action in Ninja Blade.

OMG!! Lol, No no no, just no.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #429 on: October 13, 2014, 08:05:54 pm »
So is this the end of Bayonetta then?
Made by SEGA

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #430 on: October 13, 2014, 08:34:12 pm »

For the info that george gave it maybe bayonetta 2 is the last time SEGA and PG work together...Oh well...it was nice and very worth it, for the gamers at least.
To be honest i dont think is the "end" of Bayonetta as many people think. I really doubt that the game will end up being profitable but Porbably Nintendo know that at the beginning, loss some money today to earn some more money in the future.
If at least the game sell "acceptable" then maybe we can hope for another sequel or another thing. have faith.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2014, 01:28:25 am »
I  think most if not everyone already aknowledged that. Myself at least, I dont care anymore. I'm just happy appreciative that nintendo has been supporting it so much and is going to go full throttle in 2015. Anyone who "is" getting a wii u for bayo 2 is gonna have a pretty solid catologue of exclusives to choose from.

I personally recommend mario kart 8 and donkey kong tropical freeze if you get one. The latter is especially surprising for a fan of the platforming haydays on the genesis. With that I mean that the game feels more like a ristar/sonic than it does to the original dkc snes games(which are kind of overrated). If you're in for some more platinum action i'd recommend wonderful 101.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:01:23 am by CrazyT »

Offline TruthEnigma

« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2014, 04:48:14 am »
I  think most if not everyone already aknowledged that. Myself at least, I dont care anymore. I'm just happy appreciative that nintendo has been supporting it so much and is going to go full throttle in 2015. Anyone who "is" getting a wii u for bayo 2 is gonna have a pretty solid catologue of exclusives to choose from.

I personally recommend mario kart 8 and donkey kong tropical freeze if you get one. The latter is especially surprising for a fan of the platforming haydays on the genesis. With that I mean that the game feels more like a ristar/sonic than it does to the original dkc snes games(which are kind of overrated). If you're in for some more platinum action i'd recommend wonderful 101.

I would also add Mario 3d World, Resident Evil Revelations and Hyrule Warriors. Also it's flawed but ZombiU is fun. Killing Zombies in London is very fun. The Wii U is a great machine, between the game pad and the solid Pro Controller, and it sounds like I'm not the only one who saw Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2 and made the purchase.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2014, 07:31:27 am »

Feels more like Nintendo bought it back to life just to really, really kill it dead. Okay so Sega didn't want to publish it, fine. But I wish literally ANY other publisher had got their hands on it above Nintendo so there was a CHANCE it wouldn't bomb miserably on the Wii U... And even a Chance we could have got it on multiple platforms including PC... Would have been so great!
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #434 on: October 14, 2014, 08:07:15 am »

Don't worry, Sega will release a free to play mobile phone game that plays like flappy bird. Of course you can only play it for 20 seconds on the free version, but you can pay for more time by buying Halos with real money!

For real though, looking at how Sega is releasing games recently, I don't see them doing much with Bayonetta in the future. Even if they do, I don't see them doing it with Platinum Games, and then the only Sega team I would trust with the game would be AM2.

Feels more like Nintendo bought it back to life just to really, really kill it dead. Okay so Sega didn't want to publish it, fine. But I wish literally ANY other publisher had got their hands on it above Nintendo so there was a CHANCE it wouldn't bomb miserably on the Wii U... And even a Chance we could have got it on multiple platforms including PC... Would have been so great!

I know exactly what you mean. It's like they pulled Bayonetta from her deathbed gave her a shot of adrenalin and threw her off a cliff. I agree I would have liked to see any other publisher get the rights and then do a multi-plat, but I don't think there are many devs out there who would be willing to take a chance on it. Maybe some of the smaller guys, who in turn probably couldn't afford it anyway.

Sega would rather mothball the series than put effort into making it something big.

Either way, I bought my Wii-U now. Got a Wii-U, a controller & Mario Kart 8 for about $330, so I'm happy with that. Will get Bayonetta 2 when it's released and then slowly work through some other exclusives that look good.