Author Topic: Character Creation  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Character Creation
« on: May 10, 2014, 03:14:56 pm »
Whenever I try to create a character, I have a difficult time. I try to think of actors/actresses, characters from other video games, and even characters from the same game. Can anyone give me brilliant character creation ideas? I want some that I would recognize.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Character Creation
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 05:37:25 pm »
In epic adventure games, try making what you think your grandfather looked like when he was younger.

Relive you grandfather's epic battles against dragons, his excursions into deep volcanos and that one time he banged a red haired elf chick with huge tits.
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 06:47:16 pm »
Hmm... I was hoping for more results. Maybe I should ask another question. What games have the best character customization?

Offline Spock

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 11:35:42 pm »
*Sigh*

Never mind. Maybe I should ask on a different website. Are my threads irrelevant on this website, or is it just the fact that hardly anyone uses this website?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 08:59:15 am »
*Sigh*

Never mind. Maybe I should ask on a different website. Are my threads irrelevant on this website, or is it just the fact that hardly anyone uses this website?

It's not a question of if people use this website, because they obviously do. I think it is your question. I'm not exactly sure if you're looking for advice, or are just throwing a question out there. Basically you want ideas for characters to create in games, crackdude gave a good suggestion. Outside of that, all I can imagine is whatever characters YOU like, go and make them. It's difficult to open the question up to us since we're not you, so we don't know what you'd like.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 01:24:28 pm »
When we do talk character design, we are talking about. How it relates to the auidence, and what will they think, and who to relate it to. In black and white, this is descriptive language, I come up with all kinds of ideas/concepts, figures, creations, images. In al kinds of ways. What is most important, is how it communicates to the auidience.

The audience could be small children, who do not know what is going on, but then it could be a grown up, who has seen the world, and is a million years old. In reality, you just need to have fun and get your ideas, out of your soft, silky brain, and on to paper. you could even write things down, or do them different.

Just stop thinking about it, and just do it...........NIKE