Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 137600 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #360 on: June 18, 2015, 07:08:23 am »
You know, I didn't quite expect the backlash against Nintendo to be just this severe.

I dunno, I wouldn't have thought one bad E3 would garner the same sort of anger Microsoft got with them trying to destroy the second hand market.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #361 on: June 18, 2015, 07:37:50 am »
You know, I didn't quite expect the backlash against Nintendo to be just this severe.

I dunno, I wouldn't have thought one bad E3 would garner the same sort of anger Microsoft got with them trying to destroy the second hand market.
The digital event really was that much of a joke. I think when people know what theyre doing at the same time make themselves look  a bit silly it isnt really a problem. But when you do that while screwing around at the same time the impact probably twofolds.

The event just looked like they were laughing at all their fans honestly.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #362 on: June 18, 2015, 09:40:53 am »
These quotes don't make the game sound very good (NOA pic)

Fox's face really looks punchable on that photo.

I certainly wanna punch em in the face..

I don't and never will understand Nintendo's decision to develop a bland ass Star Fox game over F-Zero or Metroid, it blows my mind.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #363 on: June 18, 2015, 09:47:43 am »
So many avatars has changed I'm starting to mix people up now haha.

The digital event really was that much of a joke. I think when people know what theyre doing at the same time make themselves look  a bit silly it isnt really a problem. But when you do that while screwing around at the same time the impact probably twofolds.

The event just looked like they were laughing at all their fans honestly.

They certainly were laughing at me when they showed Metroid Prime Federation.

Jokes on them! Godzilla got me out of my pit of self pity.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2015, 09:58:10 am »

I'll change back to my avatar of Eileen getting brained if you like?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #365 on: June 18, 2015, 10:13:03 am »
Halo 5 multi player will have micro-transactions...

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #366 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:09 am »

They certainly were laughing at me when they showed Metroid Prime Federation.

Jokes on them! Godzilla got me out of my pit of self pity.
I think the icing on the cake was that slide at the end end with all the people happily playing the classic mario tune. Some masterclass trolling right there. The sad part is that the trolling wasnt actually deliberate

Things are looking dire for nintendo. They should have humbled themselves a bit.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #367 on: June 18, 2015, 11:15:36 am »
Man, people petitioning Nintendo to cancel a game?!... I'm sorry, but what a bunch of entitled brats! Now that they're back on the bottom of the heap, the smug sense of superiority of Nintendo fans has run ashore hard into cognitive dissonance. How could this happen? We "won" E3 last year - why didn't that translate into sales? All of these middle-aged Nintendo fans are always groaning about how the games aren't mature enough for them. Nintendo's strategy has always been akin to McDonald's - hook 'em while they're little kids. They're always going to focus on the kids' market primarily. When former Nintendo kids grow up to be frustrated 30 and 40-somethings, some of them get a little toxic when they find their opinions and expectations aren't the top priority. They're gonna implode if it turns out the NX is anything other than a powerhouse console. And how likely is that? It's going to be something that integrates with their future mobile strategy, and there's no way they're going to aim for high end specs.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #368 on: June 18, 2015, 07:50:21 pm »
Already selling my Wii u.

Very unlikely I'll buy another Nintendo product again.
I was going to sell my wii u as well, but I noticed myself going back to it during the day playing a couple of games of splatoon. I figured that ive always owned every console anyway. Same thing for my 3ds where I played xenoblade right after final fantasy x on vita and enjoying it more. I also forgot Wii u is still getting xenoblade X in december. Definitly wont pass on the good games when I already own the thing

Having said that. Theyre my last nintendo platforms I get within the first 3/4 years. Like most people ill be waiting till the consoles die, become cheap as fuck and then enjoy all the good games later. I guess theyve done it to do themselves.

I think they are done with core gaming however. They have lost a lot of people right now so i wonder how thats gonna affect them
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:54:15 pm by CrazyT »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #369 on: June 18, 2015, 09:36:36 pm »
While Nintendo's E3 showing was bad, especially compared to what Sony showed... they actually showed the most content coming out this year compared to Microsoft and Sony. I think the issue with Nintendo is that they didn't save some announcements for E3 and ignored two Mature games (Devil's Third and Fatal Frame that both come out this year).

A few days before E3 they announced Ryu and Roy coming to Smash along with the Mii skins. Should have saved little things like that for E3. Also dedicating lots of time to Mario Maker and Yoshi's game when we already seen it multiple times.

Reggie is clueless. I never liked the guy and I hate his shitty PR responses. Like this one:

"One of the things I find interesting is that if you look at E3 historically for Nintendo, typically what happens is a press briefing happens or our digital event happens," Fils-Aime said, "and then over the course of the next couple of days people see the games get to play the games and the appreciation and understanding of what we're doing increases over those three days and continues to build into the holidays."

"Splatoon is a game that people are loving right now, but if you rewind to E3 last year, Splatoon was being viewed as, 'Yes, it's innovative and it's different, but the controls are a little hard and I don't understand the mechanic of turning into a squid and going through the ink.' There were all of these complaints. But now you look at the finished product and the satisfaction is huge."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/18/8802789/reggie-fils-aime-iwata-didnt-apologize-for-nintendos-e3-we-make-great

Nintendo fans never hated Splatoon, they just complained about 'lack of content'. That isn't the complaint about Star Fox Zero or Metroid Prime: Galactic Federation or their overall E3 showing.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #370 on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:20 pm »
Good point George. Sony and microsoft definitly have the tendency to blow their load and overpromise big time, especially Sony. The big 3 anouncements will all come very late. The last guardian for example had a great re reveal but it showed the exact same stuff of like.. 7/8 years ago? but only a bit extended. I know it said 2016 but I dont believe that yet. Neither do I think final fantasy VII is gonna be done in 2 years looking at square's track record. I think i have all right to be skeptical. And Sony by now knows the positive effects and how easy it is to get away with it. 

But Sony also gets that the E3 is a show. And they like to take advantage of it big time even if it takes some overpromises. Say what you want, but it works with the big croud.

While I agree that nintendo showed mostly 2015 stuff, also having the most 1st party content of them all within the same span of time, I think Nintendo doesnt get e3. I think that E3 is a show where you show a long term comittment to your platform. You give your consumers an idea what theyll get in at least the next 2 years.

People mostly interpreted the digital event as a clear sign that both 3ds and WII U are on their way out. Which is probably correct anyway. But imagine if it wasnt and reggie's statement about short term showings means that they are not on their way out. They really dont get E3 if thats the case.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:19:15 pm by CrazyT »

Offline George

« Reply #371 on: June 18, 2015, 10:52:07 pm »
I agree, I think having all their games out this year and not teasing any future games basically made people think Nintendo gave up on the Wii U. I agree with this 100%, especially when you start your E3 event by talking about NX. It was up to them to the gamers the product and they basically showed little faith. I think some of their 'big announcements' was all side games.

Nintendo should have announced a price drop for the Wii U and made it $250 or even $200. Its too much of an investment at $300 when the Xbone is $350.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #372 on: June 19, 2015, 12:26:20 am »
I think MS did it best and that just my personal opinion. The only reason I agrgue that is because they gave us a peak into 2016 and beyond as well as delivering a strong line up for this year. Forza 6, Halo 5, Gears of War Ultimate, Fable Legends, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Rare Replay are all being released this year.

Not only did they showcase that for this year, but they announced Ashen, Gears 4, Sea of Thieves, Quantum Break, etc.

Like CrazyT said, E3 is supped to be a platform where you showcase what you've got in the pipeline for gamers this year's as well as in the future. If that's the standard to go by, then I think MS delivered on that note.

I will also say that I'll be keeping my Wii U, mainly for Fatal Frame and Xeno.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

« Reply #373 on: June 19, 2015, 12:33:13 am »
Can't believe all the console 'exclusive' games coming to PC: Ashen, Cuphead, No Man Skies, Gears of War Ultimate, Fable Legends, Shenmue, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct etc.

If only Sony put Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian and other first party games on PC too, i'd never have to touch a console again.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #374 on: June 19, 2015, 02:48:08 am »
So I actually found some Sega games at E3 today!

Tried the Hatsune Miku Morpheus VR demo. This was the most effective VR I've seen yet (but I haven't experienced that much VR). It puts you in a giant stadium where Hatsune Miku is performing a concert. You can see the depth of the entire arena around you. It feels massive. Then you are onstage with Miku. She feels like she's right there. I tried to stab her with my Move wand a few times. XD

The other one was Tembo the Badass Elephant at the Microsoft booth. The game is pretty damn awesome. Very comical and visceral with a variety of charging, jump and attack moves. Felt like a 2-D mixture of Mario and Metal Slug.

I'll go into more detail in two hands-on previews later.
Grammar Expert Plus