Author Topic: Sony E3 Press Conference  (Read 15313 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Sony E3 Press Conference
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 05:43:56 pm »
Do not fight with fanboys, lest ye become a fanboy youself. And when you gaze into the rage, the rage gazes also into you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 05:47:06 pm »
What is this fighting? No one is fighting, I just stated the obvious. Its a rental service.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 05:47:58 pm »
Quote from: "George"
Seriously? I'm not really offended, how is you not understanding how a rental service work going to offend me? I'm confused. Are you serious or are acting dumb?

I know how rentals work. The question is, do you? They are not renting games. They are allowing you to play a selection of games you do not choose. Is that the point of renting? If I go out to the video club I'm allowed to chose any movie I want. I think it still works that way. But yeah, go on ahead and pay for PSN Plus. If it's a subscription service on Playstation, then it must be good.

Also,
Quote from: "Playstation blog"
Automatic Download:
We wanted to offer members the speediest service possible so sign up and you can set your PS3 to automatically receive the latest game updates for all the games you play, PS3 system software updates and even have game demos sent directly to your PS3 without lifting a finger.

Good game.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 05:49:08 pm »
I'm about to go to my friend's place and watch his recording of Sony's conference.

After reading through the comments here, I have a feeling that I'm not going to be blown away. :P

Offline George

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 06:03:39 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"
Seriously? I'm not really offended, how is you not understanding how a rental service work going to offend me? I'm confused. Are you serious or are acting dumb?

I know how rentals work. The question is, do you? They are not renting games. They are allowing you to play a selection of games you do not choose. Is that the point of renting? If I go out to the video club I'm allowed to chose any movie I want. I think it still works that way. But yeah, go on ahead and pay for PSN Plus. If it's a subscription service on Playstation, then it must be good.

Also,
Quote from: "Playstation blog"
Automatic Download:
We wanted to offer members the speediest service possible so sign up and you can set your PS3 to automatically receive the latest game updates for all the games you play, PS3 system software updates and even have game demos sent directly to your PS3 without lifting a finger.

Good game.
You get to try more games for the same amount as Live. How is this a negative. Did you see the other stuff?

I'm quite fine with you not liking it. I'm questioning it myself as well. But at least its a service that I can try and ditch without much of a risk. If I don't like features in Gold, I can't do shit, cuz Live forces me to buy it just to get the full enjoyment out of my games.

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 06:15:46 pm »
"Trailer for PSN+ says if you get 1 year, you get Littlebigplanet for free. I will not, I don't like being 'stuck' with something I might not like later. "

HOLY CRAP! Instant buy!

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 06:19:34 pm »
You get to try more games for the same amount as Live. How is this a negative. Did you see the other stuff?

I'm quite fine with you not liking it. I'm questioning it myself as well. But at least its a service that I can try and ditch without much of a risk. If I don't like features in Gold, I can't do shit, cuz Live forces me to buy it just to get the full enjoyment out of my games.

I can try (I think by try you mean play a demonstration?) all Live Arcade games. All of them have demos. You don't get to play trials of full games on Live though, but paying to play timed (or whatever, just speculating here) demos of full games is a tad too much for me. I do agree it's an interesting feature but many games have demos anyway. Unless I missed something, the rest of the stuff are things you get with Live Gold as well, so no pros or cons there. Either way, if you put $20 on three months of PSN+ and all the games they make available are bad/not your cup of tea, those are $20 down the toilet. When you pay for Live you know it's for something (online multiplayer), regardless of the competition making it free or not. I'm not sure of how much of a success PSN+ will be, I'm sure people will be annoyed that now they might have to wait for demos and such.

Offline George

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 06:22:04 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"

I can try (I think by try you mean play a demonstration?) all Live Arcade games. All of them have demos. You don't get to play trials of full games on Live though, but paying to play timed (or whatever, just speculating here) demos of full games is a tad too much for me. I do agree it's an interesting feature but many games have demos anyway. Unless I missed something, the rest of the stuff are things you get with Live Gold as well, so no pros or cons there. Either way, if you put $20 on three months of PSN+ and all the games they make available are bad/not your cup of tea, those are $20 down the toilet. When you pay for Live you know it's for something, regardless of the competition making it free or not. I'm not sure of how much of a success PSN+ will be, I'm sure people will be annoyed that now they might have to wait for demos and such.
Not going to argue about PSN vs. Live.

If I put 20 dollars into PSN I will play my games, get into my betas. Nothing of value was lost. Plus its 6 months for 20 bucks since you are getting 3 months free. I hardly go back and play PSN titles after I'm done with them.

I don't see the harm in trying it.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 10:52:30 pm »
Wow, Sony's conference was really damn good. They didn't just obsess over the Move like I was thinking they might do, they covered all the bases they could. And really, Sorcery looks so neat and fun that it's almost tempting to get a Move to play it. I bet Miyamoto is envious, since the new Zelda isn't even half as creative as Sorcery.

LittleBigPlanet 2 looks phenomenal. It's like the true Lego playset of video games. ^__^ I really want it.

The only thing I dislike about Twisted Metal is its bland grimey visual style. The gameplay itself seems like so much fun, it makes me wonder why shooter games ever got to be so slow and cover-based in the first place.

I like seeing Gabe eat his own words and admit to the PS3 being an open platform to develop for. ^__^ Sweet, sweet justice.

This was such a huge conference that my head is spinning trying to remember it all... =P

Offline George

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 10:56:22 pm »
This is the fucking issue with Move. They did spent too much time on it. Move should have been mentioned, showed some trailers and how you use the controller, moved on. Move is something the journalist will have to play, in person. Not see some jerk off from EA that sucks at Tiger Woods Golf completely make a dick of himself.

Also, 3-D. Means shit. I can't experience what it feels like. Should have saved it for the 'hands on' with press only.

3DS wowed because of its line up of software, not because of its ability to do 3D.

Move and Kinect titles fail to impress compared to Wii. They will not get the boost they want.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 11:08:16 pm »
Move and Kinect titles fail to impress compared to Wii. They will not get the boost they want.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think that these new motion controllers will succeed, due to their mere price points.

However, I disagree with your assessment that the games failed to impress compared to the Wii's motion controlled games shown off at the Nintendo conference. The new Zelda looks, quite honestly, rather uninspired. I was much more dazzled by Sorcery, a game that I hadn't even heard about before watching this conference.

Will I buy a Move for the game? Probably not, because it's simply too expensive for one game. Even so, I am still more interested in Sorcery than I am Zelda or, uhhh.... Wii Party.

Offline George

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 11:23:59 pm »
Sorcery looked pretty meh. Really. Kirby > all motion games and it does use motion.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2010, 01:13:09 am »
Kirby uses motion? Why? o_O Why is that even necessary?

Okay, that's a major WTF decision right there.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 08:55:48 am »
Big reveal was Twisted Metal. LOLWTF. Microsoft and Nintendo had new hardware to show off at least!

The Move games could have been done way better I think. The way they are marketing it, I feel Kinect will be a better deal for multiplayer stuff in the end most likely, but I like how they went back to show some older games using the controller. Pretty cool, I guess.

Little Big Planet 2 focused too much on minigames. I think the reason it was not showing off them making a game was because it would take far too long to, but that is not a worry for me. Gran Turismo 5 for 3DTV is pretty awesome news, no wonder they were holding it back.

PSP and PSN+ stuff was a joke, that is all I will say.

Should have not revealed Killzone 3 a few days before though, would have really blown people away if they used the demo of it in 3D at the end. I think it is the perfect game for 3DTV honestly. Even though I do not like the series at all.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2010, 05:23:35 pm »
The Move might be good, but the presentation lacked a lot.
Twisted Metal was a great announcement. Most of the rest was kinda forgettable.

Marcus is a really annoying kid. But it kinda reminded me of the old Sega commercials, though Sony takes it waaay much too serious.

I also liked GT5's launch date.

Overall it was pretty average. Millions better than Microsoft "the killer of gaming", nothing compared to "Jesus" Nintendo.
SEG4GES