Author Topic: Tournament of Legends Eurogamer Review  (Read 32213 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Tournament of Legends Eurogamer Review
« on: July 02, 2010, 02:30:08 pm »
As a showcase for the Wii's technical abilities, the game is an embarrassment, graphically equivalent to those relics of 3D gaming's earliest days. And while the paucity of game modes would be forgiveable if those on offer sizzled with brilliance, in this context they bespeak a game rushed to completion and released with the very minimum of functional requirements. As a result, the only redeeming quality is the echo of ambition that can be faintly heard in the ruins of execution.

3/10
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/tourn ... nds-review
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Tournament of Legends Eurogamer Review
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:39:34 pm »
Not that I care about this game, but the writer is clearly enjoying being a pompous prick.  3D gaming's earliest days would be Red Baron and Battlezone by Atari.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 03:58:40 pm »
If I had a Wii I think I would get this fighter. I'm pretty sure I would enjoy it.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:48:50 pm »
no surprise here .... at all

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 03:06:07 am »
Dissapointing considering how much fun I had with it at E3. Guess now I see why 99% of previews are always positive, never know what you're getting until you try the whole thing..

Still, I had fun with it, and I intend to pick it up. At only $30, I don't feel jipped with the smaller number of fighters and arenas.

I am rather surprised to see them bash the graphics, though; the game beautiful. It's biggest flaw is it's jaggies, which are more pronounced then in a lot of other Wii games I play. Perhaps that flaw ruined the whole look for him.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 12:19:44 pm »
What does it matter what critics say. If I like it, I get it. And so should you Wii owners. This game looks fun.
SEG4GES

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 02:42:32 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
What does it matter what critics say. If I like it, I get it. And so should you Wii owners. This game looks fun.

My point exactly. I wish the gaming community wasn't swayed so much by reviews.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 04:55:29 pm »
What ever happened with people playing games because they liked how it looked or sounded? Now all gamers care about are reviews and other views.

'Hardcore gamers' are the real reason the industry is in such bad shape. With the Internet having so much information readily available everyone feels they have a better opinion than everyone else with all of what they can find out on titles instead of just playing games to have fun.

I refuse to read the full review, because the person is obviously just going nuts about it. 3D gaming's earliest days? Come on now...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 08:11:41 pm »
I see no reason why listening to other people's opinion about a game is bad. When I was a kid, even if I wanted a game, I would always ask people in school what they thought. They would say "Its fun but this is what I hated" then I would consider their opinion and if their negatives would piss me off.

Issues now with reviews, is people don't read them and evaluate the negatives and positives. They see 6 or 7 out of ten and already skip the game mentally, without reading a single word of the review. When was having a 'good' or 'alright' game such a bad thing?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 08:45:43 pm »
In gaming world, math makes people dumber.
SEG4GES

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 09:09:43 pm »
i know what you guys are talking about and i can't agree more , but ..

IMO i think the game is poor since it was first revealed , i disliked a lot of things in the game from the general look and design to the game mechanics .

so that's why i can't see anything wrong or unexpected out of this review .

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »
I don't see a problem with following reviews either. Like George said though, it's the people that see something like 6 out of 10 and immediately write a game off that is the problem. Alpha Protocol doesn't deserve a 10/10, but I still think it's one of the most fun games I've played this year. It's not perfect and it has it's share of problems but it always looked like something I would enjoy.

I can agree with people giving it 6~7/10 but I still think it was worth every dollar to buy it.

At the same time though, seeing consistent scores of 3/10 or something like that usually means the game really is just a piece of crap. There are some exceptions but...

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 10:50:07 pm »
Aww too bad. It saddens me when SEGA publishes games that get such low scores. They kind of destroy sega's rep that they actually need to build up.

It's just one review though. Lookin forward for more :D

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 05:50:02 am »
The game looks like a giant shit sandwich to me... I really don't want a fighter on the Wii, waggle is just no fun for fighting games which I have seen lots of in videos for this, character designs look like a clusterfuck, graphics are piss poor even for a Wii game, I hate the whole 'battles interrupted by environmental stuff' in party fighters it works in this it looks poorly implemented.

Over all it's everything I don't want from a fighter... Lets hope Sega at least makes a bit of cash from it so it isn’t a complete waste.
Made by SEGA

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 03:14:18 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Over all it's everything I don't want from a fighter... Lets hope Sega at least makes a bit of cash from it so it isn’t a complete waste.

why would you want them to get any profit out of this game ! this will encourage them to make more crappy games  :roll: