Author Topic: Wondering where the English PSO2 news has been for the past 6 months?  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
i stumbled upon this comment on the pso2 blog entry on sega blogs, and I thought i'd share it

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/phantasy-star-online-2-is-coming-west/#comment-85713

comment 240

SEGA West marketing doing what it's best at. I feel bad for Edward and anyone else inside SEGA that is passionate about the game.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:21:32 pm by Will »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Wondering where the English PSO2 news has been for the past 6 months?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:32:23 pm »
Ya know, I was wondering that myself lately... It was implied that we'd see this game coming out in early 2013. The english page hasn't been updated since... well since it launched. Both US and UK pages list TBC as the release date.

The only info I got is that the Vita version is apparentely coming out in Febuary.

This is the first time I've been a little nervous about not hearing anything new about this game.

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Wondering where the English PSO2 news has been for the past 6 months?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:41:35 pm »
Ya know, I was wondering that myself lately... It was implied that we'd see this game coming out in early 2013. The english page hasn't been updated since... well since it launched. Both US and UK pages list TBC as the release date.

The only info I got is that the Vita version is apparentely coming out in Febuary.

This is the first time I've been a little nervous about not hearing anything new about this game.
The February release date for the Vita version is for Japan only.

Anyway, SEGA of America did a pretty lousy job handling the previous online Phantasy Star games (which is the reason I most likely won't play in the english version), with the lack news (or Edward being unable to give us news) they're already starting to handle it badly, the lack of news only makes me not trust them even more honestly.

Be wary of the launch of the game, in the japanese version, event after so many public tests, the launch wasn't really smooth. There were so many players trying to play at the same time that they had to resort to locking character creation in almost every ship. Plus during peak times the lag was unbearable.
If the english version ends up not getting any public testing, it's possible that the launch may be even more problematic than Japan.

Another problem is hacking/cheating, in previous games SEGA of America was alot slower than SEGA of Japan to respond to cheating incidents (the slow response to cheating destroyed the population in the PC/PS2 servers in Phantasy Star Universe in the early months), in PSO2 cheaters were able to cause problems with things such as moving NPCs to unnaccessible locations, even now there's still cheaters around, but they're not able to do more than godmode or speedhacks currently.
For SoJ to be unable to deal with cheaters completely, I wonder what's going to happen with PSO2 EN if SoA is not careful.