Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 114338 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2022, 05:24:52 am »
We only showed a little part of the zone. Who knows if there were a robotic / mechanical city near that place.
I dunno, I mean I get you, can't take a single location as an example of a whole planet. But either you're right or Dr. Robotnik did eventually found a way to travel via rings and took a detour before rturning to Earth. I'm imagining he ended up on a planet like Cybertron.
Considering that Sonic vs Knuckles woud be like another superhero VS crossover (Batman v Superman, Godzilla vs Kong, etc), when after they fought they will team up to fight another baddie (Robotnik in this case), it would be very possible that Robotnik has enough power to fight them both.

True, Dr. Robotnik would account on Knuckles betraying him and having two super powered pests to worry about.

But my theory is that in the movie the "Chaos Emeralds" are actually imbodiment of various characters.
Sonic's blue electrical speed = Blue emerald
Tails' yellow aura and speed when flying = Yellow emerald
Knuckles' firey aura when fighting = Red emerald
Dr. Eggman able to use his finger as a blow torch due to some colourless energy = White emerald

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2022, 07:16:12 pm »
I dunno, I mean I get you, can't take a single location as an example of a whole planet. But either you're right or Dr. Robotnik did eventually found a way to travel via rings and took a detour before rturning to Earth. I'm imagining he ended up on a planet like Cybertron.

Ah, right, jumping to other zone. That's more likely, I haven't think that far.

True, Dr. Robotnik would account on Knuckles betraying him and having two super powered pests to worry about.

But my theory is that in the movie the "Chaos Emeralds" are actually imbodiment of various characters.
Sonic's blue electrical speed = Blue emerald
Tails' yellow aura and speed when flying = Yellow emerald
Knuckles' firey aura when fighting = Red emerald
Dr. Eggman able to use his finger as a blow torch due to some colourless energy = White emerald

Then there are still other characters to embody them, right?

Offline Berto

« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2022, 07:21:58 pm »
Third Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works,
Live-action series Featuring Knuckles coming to Paramount+

The Paramount+ Twitter account shared the news today that a third Sonic movie is in the works, likely titled “Sonic the Hedgehog 3” as well as news that a Knuckles series will be releasing to Paramount+ in 2023 starring Idris Elba.
The Knuckles TV series would be the first Sonic spin-off in the realm of ...

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/02/15/third-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-in-the-works-knuckles-series-coming-to-paramount/

Offline Berto

« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2022, 01:10:06 am »
A special message about the future of the Sonic franchise from the CEO of SEGA CORPORATION, Haruki Satomi:

Source : https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1493707402968928262?t=0pg-GMwxqJtsekWC42uikw&s=19

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2022, 07:24:18 am »
Live-action series Featuring Knuckles coming to Paramount+
Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/02/15/third-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-in-the-works-knuckles-series-coming-to-paramount/
I was going to ask about that. I just heard it and wondered if it was legit.

Offline Berto

« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2022, 07:04:44 pm »
I was going to ask about that. I just heard it and wondered if it was legit.

Yeah, it's legit now...
Still kinda weird why they announced it now,
not wait after Sonic 2 Movie's releases.

Hopefully Knuckles would wear his hat for a moment in the TV series.
Tribute for the manga and OVA.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2022, 04:03:44 pm »
Yeah, it's legit now...
Still kinda weird why they announced it now,
not wait after Sonic 2 Movie's releases.

Hopefully Knuckles would wear his hat for a moment in the TV series.
Tribute for the manga and OVA.

A Knuckles TV series based after the films. Why do I find that weird?

Offline Berto

« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2022, 06:58:09 pm »
A Knuckles TV series based after the films. Why do I find that weird?

It's normal nowadays.
Considering Peacemaker also got TV series based after the films (The Suicide Squad).
Also almost all of Marvel TV series (WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, Hawkeye)

Offline Berto

« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2022, 07:54:23 pm »
SEGA News Bits Live: Sonic 3 The Movie & Knuckles The TV Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6QOLzNEB1g

Let’s talk about the latest Sonic movie news, including the upcoming sequel, the newly announced third film and the Knuckles streaming series!
If you want to support this type of content, you can check out our Patreon!

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/02/17/sega-news-bits-live-sonic-3-the-movie-knuckles-the-tv-show/

Offline Berto

« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2022, 12:09:12 am »
New Sonic The Hedgehog 2 movie poster :

Source : https://discord.com/invite/X3ue3mCA4q

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2022, 06:55:39 am »
It's normal nowadays.
Considering Peacemaker also got TV series based after the films (The Suicide Squad).
Also almost all of Marvel TV series (WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, Hawkeye)

My concern is just the pace of things, as I mentioned on the other thread.

Offline Berto

« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2022, 12:34:37 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2's Cast on the Little Details Fans Will Love | IGN Fan Fest 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDuCjo9ENE

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2022, 05:51:21 am »
I wonder if you can explain to me something that confuses me a little.

What exactly is the relation between Sega and Paramount when it comes to making Sonic movies?

Is it like video game consoles where Sega makes the games entirely and Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo agree to put their games out there through their consoles? As in Sega has the studio to make their movies and Paramount puts them in the cinema.

Or is it like Archie and IDW comics where Sega commissions the publishers to make comics on their behalf, allows them creative use of their characters and content under agreements and only limits them by mandates? As in Paramount made the movies in their studio and Sega approves of them.

Offline Berto

« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2022, 08:00:41 am »
I wonder if you can explain to me something that confuses me a little.

What exactly is the relation between Sega and Paramount when it comes to making Sonic movies?

Is it like video game consoles where Sega makes the games entirely and Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo agree to put their games out there through their consoles? As in Sega has the studio to make their movies and Paramount puts them in the cinema.

Or is it like Archie and IDW comics where Sega commissions the publishers to make comics on their behalf, allows them creative use of their characters and content under agreements and only limits them by mandates? As in Paramount made the movies in their studio and Sega approves of them.

For the first movie it's the kinda later, many studios were hired by Paramount but still one of them was SEGA's studio (Marza Animation Planet), who's helping to provide the visual effects.
Why Paramount didn't use their own studios? Because all of studio was already pick by Sony but Sony then dropped the ball and Paramount's willing to take over the project and they still want most of the team unchanged.
All the decision is on Paramount though, SEGA is just some kind of a consultant.
That's why we almost have that horrible design of Sonic, even though SEGA advised them to change (before the first trailer show up) but rejected.
Mandates aren't as strict as IDW Comics since IDW Comics is continuation of the game while movie is separate universe.
Still not much information for the second and third movie, the relation could be changed after that but I doubt it.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2022, 08:44:21 am »
For the first movie it's the kinda later, many studios were hired by Paramount but still one of them was SEGA's studio (Marza Animation Planet), who's helping to provide the visual effects.
Why Paramount didn't use their own studios? Because all of studio was already pick by Sony but Sony then dropped the ball and Paramount's willing to take over the project and they still want most of the team unchanged.
All the decision is on Paramount though, SEGA is just some kind of a consultant.
That's why we almost have that horrible design of Sonic, even though SEGA advised them to change (before the first trailer show up) but rejected.
Mandates aren't as strict as IDW Comics since IDW Comics is continuation of the game while movie is separate universe.
Still not much information for the second and third movie, the relation could be changed after that but I doubt it.
I see. So would a Sega CInematic Universe be possible if Sega asked Paramount? or could Paramount be the one to propose it to Sega? Or would such a film franchise be too much for Paramount to handle?