Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 114351 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2022, 08:28:48 pm »
The Sonic 2 Movie Poster Is Missing Some Names

Thankfully, Sonic fans aren’t exactly being silent over this.
On Twitter, many are voicing their displeasure over O’Shaughnessey’s omission.
Something similar occurred with Marvel’s Avengers Endgame, when actress Danai Gurira wasn’t credited on that movie’s poster despite being on it.
Fan outcry eventually led to her name being added.

Article : https://www.sonicstadium.org/2022/02/the-sonic-2-movie-poster-is-missing-some-names/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 09:07:42 pm by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2022, 08:32:45 pm »
I see. So would a Sega CInematic Universe be possible if Sega asked Paramount? or could Paramount be the one to propose it to Sega? Or would such a film franchise be too much for Paramount to handle?

My guess is Paramount be the one to propose it to SEGA.
They could ask which franchise they could use and sign contract with SEGA for those franchises.
Yakuza is out from those though.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2022, 09:51:50 am »
My guess is Paramount be the one to propose it to SEGA.
They could ask which franchise they could use and sign contract with SEGA for those franchises.
Yakuza is out from those though.

I see. I guess other than movie sequels and series, no other direction of SCU.

Offline Berto

« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2022, 12:17:38 am »
I see. I guess other than movie sequels and series, no other direction of SCU.

It could still happen though.
If the second & third movie and Knuckles TV series are succesful enough, someone on Paramount might want it expand more...

Offline Berto

« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2022, 12:18:38 am »
License 2 Quill

Offline Berto

« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2022, 12:19:11 am »
Ready 2 Kick Tail

Offline Berto

« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2022, 12:19:46 am »
Time 2 Punch In

Offline Berto

« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2022, 12:19:43 am »
Ben Schwartz has Revealed Sonic Movie 2 toys from JAKKStoys

“There are all new Sonic Movie 2 toys from JAKKStoys coming soon and I’m gonna unbox them right here, right now! WHAT FUN!!! 

Link : https://twitter.com/rejectedjokes/status/1496515985339293699

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2022, 11:03:16 am »
It could still happen though.
If the second & third movie and Knuckles TV series are succesful enough, someone on Paramount might want it expand more...
True but they might just expand with just Sonic characters. I don't oppose this at all given there is probably enough Sonic characters for their own Avengers movies. Ijust think it would be good to have a variety with other Sega movies. Especially if these movies are callbacks to 80s and 90s cinema. For example if we ever had a GoldenAxe movie Id rather it be like Conan the Barbarian instead of... well, Conan the Barbarian.
Cobra Kai is an example of what I'm on about using era-based cinematography... sorta. They used some sort of brown tint filter to make it look as old as the Karate Kid movies, but you can tell which clips are from the original movies or not. I dunno, I guess modern camera's can only look old so much in a HD age. I'm just saying if Paramount ever made a Conan the Barbarian movie they could still base it on Wachowski's world just don't see why they can't recreate Duke Callaghan's work.

Offline Berto

« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2022, 07:02:15 pm »
True but they might just expand with just Sonic characters. I don't oppose this at all given there is probably enough Sonic characters for their own Avengers movies. Ijust think it would be good to have a variety with other Sega movies. Especially if these movies are callbacks to 80s and 90s cinema. For example if we ever had a GoldenAxe movie Id rather it be like Conan the Barbarian instead of... well, Conan the Barbarian.
Cobra Kai is an example of what I'm on about using era-based cinematography... sorta. They used some sort of brown tint filter to make it look as old as the Karate Kid movies, but you can tell which clips are from the original movies or not. I dunno, I guess modern camera's can only look old so much in a HD age. I'm just saying if Paramount ever made a Conan the Barbarian movie they could still base it on Wachowski's world just don't see why they can't recreate Duke Callaghan's work.

Because may be recreating isn't always a good thing.
Sometimes it's worked, sometimes it's not.
When Bryan Singer take a mantle on Superman, I kinda excited since his first two X-Men movies were so good.
But instead of making something new, Singer's trying to recreate Christopher Reeve's Superman.
And the result (Superman Returns) was disappointing.
The movie's such a bore I kinda regret watching it in cinema.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2022, 07:33:15 am »
Because may be recreating isn't always a good thing.
Sometimes it's worked, sometimes it's not.
When Bryan Singer take a mantle on Superman, I kinda excited since his first two X-Men movies were so good.
But instead of making something new, Singer's trying to recreate Christopher Reeve's Superman.
And the result (Superman Returns) was disappointing.
The movie's such a bore I kinda regret watching it in cinema.
I see. Well what I liked about 1982 Conan is that while it had action, violence and blood, it felt more emphasis on the journey and the story along the way, as well as how it was paced.
The 2011 felt more like the emphasis on action, violence and blood. As in they figured that's what we're here to watch. And to be honest I was grossed out at the scene with the severed nose. The story was a bit confusing because the pace of it was forward and honestly can't remember most of it.

Ever seen the movie Wolfhound? Some have complimented it as a movie that takes the best elements of 1982 Conan the Barbarian and Lord of the Rings. So perhaps a modern movie like that is what GoldenAxe should strive for.

Offline Berto

« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2022, 08:24:52 pm »
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Official Movie Pre-Quill Cover by Adam Bryce Thomas  :

Source : https://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1497031438369275906?t=DUXzItRG39hSbj0WflLzEA&s=19

Offline Berto

« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2022, 08:29:17 pm »
I see. Well what I liked about 1982 Conan is that while it had action, violence and blood, it felt more emphasis on the journey and the story along the way, as well as how it was paced.
The 2011 felt more like the emphasis on action, violence and blood. As in they figured that's what we're here to watch. And to be honest I was grossed out at the scene with the severed nose. The story was a bit confusing because the pace of it was forward and honestly can't remember most of it.

Ever seen the movie Wolfhound? Some have complimented it as a movie that takes the best elements of 1982 Conan the Barbarian and Lord of the Rings. So perhaps a modern movie like that is what GoldenAxe should strive for.

Yes. Wolfhound is good. When we play Golden Axe, it does feel like of Hollywood cult classics like Conan The Barbarian, Red Sonja, and The Beastmaster so Wolfhound-like is definitely a fit.

From the creator :

My father loved action movies and I used to watch them with him,” Uchida tells us. “During the development of Golden Axe, I rented a video of Conan and watched until the tape was worn… Of course I was also inspired by Lord Of The Rings. I bought many illustration works based on Middle-Earth and used them as reference materials. If I could, I would vote Gandalf for president!”

The thing is Hollywood is known to ruin game adaptation. We could instead get the "Beast Rider" version for the movie, not the classic one. 

Offline Berto

« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2022, 09:09:53 pm »
The Sonic 2 Movie Poster Is Missing Some Names

Article : https://www.sonicstadium.org/2022/02/the-sonic-2-movie-poster-is-missing-some-names/

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Movie Updates Promotional Poster After Fan Feedback
The voice of Tails is now credited

The voice actor of Tails, Colleen O'Shaughnessey was not credited before alongside the Sonic, Knuckles and Dr Robotnik.
Sega and co have now revised the poster to include Tails and even Tika Sumpter - who plays the wife of James Marsden's character in the film.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-movie-updates-promotional-poster-after-fan-feedback

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2022, 05:15:14 am »
Yes. Wolfhound is good. When we play Golden Axe, it does feel like of Hollywood cult classics like Conan The Barbarian, Red Sonja, and The Beastmaster so Wolfhound-like is definitely a fit.

From the creator :

My father loved action movies and I used to watch them with him,” Uchida tells us. “During the development of Golden Axe, I rented a video of Conan and watched until the tape was worn… Of course I was also inspired by Lord Of The Rings. I bought many illustration works based on Middle-Earth and used them as reference materials. If I could, I would vote Gandalf for president!”

The thing is Hollywood is known to ruin game adaptation. We could instead get the "Beast Rider" version for the movie, not the classic one.
Makota Uchida claims Hollywood is known to ruin game adaptions, but he might have had a change of heart after Sonic's movie. He would just need to choose the right director to keep his vision towards the movies he grew up with and not make it too Hollywoodish. Maybe get John Millus to co-direct it, though I don't think he is in good health these days.