Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 114157 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2022, 07:07:32 pm »
Especially his speech. With the music, the dialogue of his speech, just beautiful.

Yep... and then there's Zangief crying...

Well, Golden Axe is not forgotten so here's to that.

But it's not gaining new fans either with the lack of new games.
Not even remastered or remake.
No 3D Classic Golden Axe on 3DS, no SEGA Ages Golden on Switch.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2022, 09:47:34 am »
Yep... and then there's Zangief crying...

But it's not gaining new fans either with the lack of new games.
Not even remastered or remake.
No 3D Classic Golden Axe on 3DS, no SEGA Ages Golden on Switch.
Thing is, it won't be all that hard for Golden Axe to get a reboot or at least a direct sequel to the classic games if Sega just makes a bronze-era sword and sorcery game and just stick the Golden Axe name to it.

I myself have a few ideas for Golden Axe games:
  • A Warriors collab. Just like Hyrule Warriors. It would make great use of the hack 'n slash format of the Warrior games.
  • Open-world, action-adventure hack 'n slash game like Brütal Legend or Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Give players basic directives and let them explore Yuria and forge their own quests.
  • A knock-off of Conan Exiles. Or any of his games after 2000. They obviously have the formula down, Sega (or whoever third-party Sega can get to do their work for) can just pick concepts and elements from these games and take their own spin on it.
I myself had an idea for a Golden Axe fan game simply called "GoldEdge". It's more of a sequel and fanadaption of Golden Axe Warrior. Like option 2, it's an open-world action-adventure game. You play as a modern youth who breaks into an abandoned Sega arcade only to their surprise to find an old Golden Axe arcade machine still working, with a peculiar gold token on it's dash board. When putting the token in to play they're magically transported into the heart of some dungeon. There they find a mysterious golden sword and after taking it able to fight their way out of the dungeon only to realised they've been isekei's to another world.

The story in mind is along time a go the Golden Axe was broken into nine fragments, and each fragment was melted down and added to the creation of nine new weapons known as the Gold Edge weapons. Your quest is to various dungeons and retrieve these Gold Edge weapons in order to restore the axe and literally cleave your way back to your home world.

Offline Berto

« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2022, 11:10:04 pm »
Thing is, it won't be all that hard for Golden Axe to get a reboot or at least a direct sequel to the classic games if Sega just makes a bronze-era sword and sorcery game and just stick the Golden Axe name to it.

I myself have a few ideas for Golden Axe games:
  • A Warriors collab. Just like Hyrule Warriors. It would make great use of the hack 'n slash format of the Warrior games.
  • Open-world, action-adventure hack 'n slash game like Brütal Legend or Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Give players basic directives and let them explore Yuria and forge their own quests.
  • A knock-off of Conan Exiles. Or any of his games after 2000. They obviously have the formula down, Sega (or whoever third-party Sega can get to do their work for) can just pick concepts and elements from these games and take their own spin on it.[/l][/l][/l][/l]
If Golden Axe was ressurected, I want it's more like Elden Ring. But with less serious theme. Put some funny things on it too, like original Golden Axe's "kicking pixies up the bum".

I myself had an idea for a Golden Axe fan game simply called "GoldEdge". It's more of a sequel and fanadaption of Golden Axe Warrior. Like option 2, it's an open-world action-adventure game. You play as a modern youth who breaks into an abandoned Sega arcade only to their surprise to find an old Golden Axe arcade machine still working, with a peculiar gold token on it's dash board. When putting the token in to play they're magically transported into the heart of some dungeon. There they find a mysterious golden sword and after taking it able to fight their way out of the dungeon only to realised they've been isekei's to another world.

The story in mind is along time a go the Golden Axe was broken into nine fragments, and each fragment was melted down and added to the creation of nine new weapons known as the Gold Edge weapons. Your quest is to various dungeons and retrieve these Gold Edge weapons in order to restore the axe and literally cleave your way back to your home world.

Hold up. About "Golden Axe" weapon ... Can a mere human really wield it?
Despite some artworks show protagonist wield it,
in the game canon I though only one who possesed evil spirit (Death Adder, Dark Guld, Death Bringer, Damud Hellstrike) could wield the Golden Axe.
I kinda forgot Golden Axe Warrior's story, was the player wielding Golden Axe in the end?

[/list]

Offline Berto

« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2022, 12:06:32 am »
Cancelled 90s Live Action Sonic Film "Sonic Wonders of the World" Story Treatment

Earlier today, Michealene Risley sent me the full unedited story treatment by Richard Jefferies for the cancelled 90s live action Sonic film "Sonic Wonders of the World"!
She was kind enough to let me share the entirety of it!
Read it here : https://t.co/zYaw0zI7mP

Source : https://twitter.com/SatamHistorian/status/1501341021740974082?s=20&t=s9Mt55VQlBNhEl1ahwsnbg

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2022, 11:44:34 am »
If Golden Axe was ressurected, I want it's more like Elden Ring. But with less serious theme. Put some funny things on it too, like original Golden Axe's "kicking pixies up the bum".
I didn't see gameplay footage of Elden Ring until after previous post, but yes. I agree with you. Would love a Golden Axe game like Elden Ring.
Hold up. About "Golden Axe" weapon ... Can a mere human really wield it?
Despite some artworks show protagonist wield it,
in the game canon I though only one who possesed evil spirit (Death Adder, Dark Guld, Death Bringer, Damud Hellstrike) could wield the Golden Axe.
I kinda forgot Golden Axe Warrior's story, was the player wielding Golden Axe in the end?

From what I understand, the Golden Axe is like the Tri-Force of the land/world of Yuria. It was originally kept by the royal family until Death Adder came along and killed the royal parents. I think Tyris Flare was the daughter of this family and Gilius smuggled her out as a baby to be raised by the Amazons.

If I recall, in Golden Axe: The Duel, Zoma wants the Golden Axe as an ingredient for his potion. Another fighter Panchos had the axe smelted down to make new armour from. This means the axe can be destroyed and it's golden power distributed in other ways. Other endings in the game shows the axe being used by mortals.

In Golden Axe Warrior, the hero does eventually obtain the Golden Axe and uses it to defeat Death Adder.

So yes, while the Golden Axe is like this powerful golden artifact, it can be used by both good and evil and it can be destroyed.
Cancelled 90s Live Action Sonic Film "Sonic Wonders of the World" Story Treatment

Source : https://twitter.com/SatamHistorian/status/1501341021740974082?s=20&t=s9Mt55VQlBNhEl1ahwsnbg
Oh! I found out about this a few years a go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w23ZI3uGv9w
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 03:54:23 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2022, 10:49:43 pm »
I didn't see gameplay footage of Elden Ring until after previous post, but yes. I agree with you. Would love a Golden Axe game like Elden Ring.

Also may be adding difficulty options, some gamers complain that Elden Ring is too hard.
But then again, hard games were nothing new in SEGA franchise.
Examples : Ecco, Comix Zone, Chakan, and Shinobi PS2.

From what I understand, the Golden Axe is like the Tri-Force of the land/world of Yuria. It was originally kept by the royal family until Death Adder came along and killed the royal parents. I think Tyris Flare was the daughter of this family and Gilius smuggled her out as a baby to be raised by the Amazons.

If I recall, in Golden Axe: The Duel, Zoma wants the Golden Axe as an ingredient for his potion. Another fighter Panchos had the axe smelted down to make new armour from. This means the axe can be destroyed and it's golden power distributed in other ways. Other endings in the game shows the axe being used by mortals.

In Golden Axe Warrior, the hero does eventually obtain the Golden Axe and uses it to defeat Death Adder.

So yes, while the Golden Axe is like this powerful golden artifact, it can be used by both good and evil and it can be destroyed.

Ah, I see. I always thougth it was like Thor's mjolnir.
But instead of worthy, someone has to be strong enough / evil enought to wield it.
Turned out that wasn't the case.

Oh! I found out about this a few years a go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w23ZI3uGv9w

Nice! I only ever heard about the title, but never got around to explore it.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2022, 12:18:30 pm »
Also may be adding difficulty options, some gamers complain that Elden Ring is too hard.
But then again, hard games were nothing new in SEGA franchise.
Examples : Ecco, Comix Zone, Chakan, and Shinobi PS2.

I never played any of the Souls games so I wouldn't know. I mean I know they're rather difficult games already. I was thinking more along the lines of Brütal Legend or Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Games that are open-world but not entirely statistic-based like Elder Scrolls or Fallout.
Ah, I see. I always thougth it was like Thor's mjolnir.But instead of worthy, someone has to be strong enough / evil enought to wield it.
Turned out that wasn't the case.

I don't think Sega really gave much thought on the "rules" of the Golden Axe. There is some backstory to it, the axe was made to settle some titanomachy going on at the time. The exact power of the axe is never explained which is why I simply think it's Sega's equivilent to the Tri-Force. Both artifacts are golden, created by the gods but can be destructible.
Nice! I only ever heard about the title, but never got around to explore it.
I did. Quite a few failed movies beforewhat we have now. Most blame Ken Penders we never got a TV special of SatAM.

Offline Berto

« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2022, 11:10:29 pm »
I never played any of the Souls games so I wouldn't know. I mean I know they're rather difficult games already. I was thinking more along the lines of Brütal Legend or Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Games that are open-world but not entirely statistic-based like Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Well I understand the charm of Legend or Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I really hate the artstyle.
Everything looks blurry to me there.
Mario Odyssey is still the best Nintendo-made Switch game for me.
The graphic is sharp and I don't have to deal with broken weapons non sense.

I don't think Sega really gave much thought on the "rules" of the Golden Axe. There is some backstory to it, the axe was made to settle some titanomachy going on at the time. The exact power of the axe is never explained which is why I simply think it's Sega's equivilent to the Tri-Force. Both artifacts are golden, created by the gods but can be destructible.

Shouldn't the best weapon be indestructible?

I did. Quite a few failed movies beforewhat we have now. Most blame Ken Penders we never got a TV special of SatAM.

Was he deserved the blame or not?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #218 on: March 11, 2022, 03:41:58 am »
Well I understand the charm of Legend or Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I really hate the artstyle.
Everything looks blurry to me there.
Mario Odyssey is still the best Nintendo-made Switch game for me.
The graphic is sharp and I don't have to deal with broken weapons non sense.

Yeah the weapon endurance in BotW was most furiating. I understand why they implimented it but I think they went too far making the Master Sword requiring a cool down when itnever needed one in past games. As for the blurriness, I think they only applied that to far distances to give the sense of depth.
Shouldn't the best weapon be indestructible?
Well we agree a Golden Axe open-world game should not have stupid weapon endurance like BotW had. But I don't see sacred godly artifacts needs to be indestructible for the sake of the plot. For example the first game The Legend of Zelda introduced the Triforce as a single golden triangle that was broken into eight pieces that must be collected. (Zelda II claims that the Triforce from the first game was actually the Triforce of Wisdom. Courage and Power were introduced and stapled for the rest of the series.)
Zelda: Wind Waker had the Triforce of Courage broken into fragments this time for you to collect and to assemble.

So Nintendo are not above breaking artifacts literally made by gods for the sake of gameplay plot.
So I don't see the problem of doing the same for the Golden Axe. In my fan game idea "GoldEdge", the Golden Axe was shattered, perhaps dealing a killing blow against Dark Guld or Hellstrike. Instead of being restored, Gilius thought it was best for the axe to remain destroyed, thus the nine fragments were taken far away from one another. The fragments then melted down and forged into weapons containing a portion of the power of the Golden Axe.

The game I have in mind involve collecting the nine Gold Edge Weapons. These weapons can be used in both combat and as tools, such as the hammer able to smash boulders blocking the way or the Sun Rod able to burn or be used as a torch.
Was he deserved the blame or not?
It's kind of hard to tell because even Penders tends to fib. I think it's likely Sega may have cancelled SatAM for other reasons given Sonic Adventure was taking Sonic's franchise in a whole new design and lore. I dunno where the source of the rumour is or the facts.
But most agree that Penders is a sniveling git who may have pilfered his own Work For Hire contract just to screw with Sega over an NDS RPG game that didn't even sell very well.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 03:46:34 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2022, 12:02:24 am »
Well we agree a Golden Axe open-world game should not have stupid weapon endurance like BotW had. But I don't see sacred godly artifacts needs to be indestructible for the sake of the plot. For example the first game The Legend of Zelda introduced the Triforce as a single golden triangle that was broken into eight pieces that must be collected. (Zelda II claims that the Triforce from the first game was actually the Triforce of Wisdom. Courage and Power were introduced and stapled for the rest of the series.)
Zelda: Wind Waker had the Triforce of Courage broken into fragments this time for you to collect and to assemble.

So Nintendo are not above breaking artifacts literally made by gods for the sake of gameplay plot.
So I don't see the problem of doing the same for the Golden Axe. In my fan game idea "GoldEdge", the Golden Axe was shattered, perhaps dealing a killing blow against Dark Guld or Hellstrike. Instead of being restored, Gilius thought it was best for the axe to remain destroyed, thus the nine fragments were taken far away from one another. The fragments then melted down and forged into weapons containing a portion of the power of the Golden Axe.

The game I have in mind involve collecting the nine Gold Edge Weapons. These weapons can be used in both combat and as tools, such as the hammer able to smash boulders blocking the way or the Sun Rod able to burn or be used as a torch.

Okay, let's continue the ideas on Golden Axe discussion thread.

It's kind of hard to tell because even Penders tends to fib. I think it's likely Sega may have cancelled SatAM for other reasons given Sonic Adventure was taking Sonic's franchise in a whole new design and lore. I dunno where the source of the rumour is or the facts.
But most agree that Penders is a sniveling git who may have pilfered his own Work For Hire contract just to screw with Sega over an NDS RPG game that didn't even sell very well.

Yeah, even though Penders said it never got past the discussion stage...
(and saying it's not because of him)

But we heard different version from Ben Hurst in this,
so it's still unconfirmed what's the real story.
Still Ben's side of story sounds more believable than Penders..

"I  did consult with DIC to see if there was a way to generate some enthusiasm for a feature film to be the "Third Season" of  SatAm. I was given the name of a SEGA executive and had a most  pleasant conversation. She had to go to a meeting, but said she would  like to talk to me more about the idea.

The next day, I got a  call from Ken Penders, who had been alerted by his contact in their  office that I was interested in getting a Sonic movie going. I  generously offered to include him in the effort and told him my  strategy. Get SEGA to become invested in the idea by hiring us to  interview their creative game designers, execs, etc and see if we  could develop a story line that would fulfill the third season - and simultaneously give them creative ideas to develop new games. A win-win, situation.

Then, I called SEGA back, but I was  shocked when the exec "lit" into me, telling me, "People  pay US to develop Sonic product, we don't pay them!" Then she  hung up on me. Obviously, Penders had related my strategy to them in  a less-than-flattering way. Thanks for the knife, Ken."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 12:12:14 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2022, 01:02:44 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) - "Fastest Trailer" - Paramount Pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCzqO6SPgnk

Offline Berto

« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2022, 01:32:51 am »
Sonic 2 Movie Prequel Comic Will Feature A Robotnik Story "Spearheaded" By Jim Carrey

"Hard to describe without spoiling anything, and I REALLY want people to enjoy the stories fresh.
But basic is that Jim had a concept for Robotnik and sent us (via producer) a rough outline of about a page.
I turned it into a 5-page script w dialogue etc, & the art team nailed it."

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/sonic-2-movie-prequel-comic-will-feature-a-robotnik-story-spearheaded-by-jim-carrey

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2022, 05:40:35 am »
Sonic 2 Movie Prequel Comic Will Feature A Robotnik Story "Spearheaded" By Jim Carrey

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/sonic-2-movie-prequel-comic-will-feature-a-robotnik-story-spearheaded-by-jim-carrey
If I could choose which stories around Dr. Robotnik I want to see/read, it would be either:
  • The Coup in Pakistan.
  • The Uprising in Azerbaijanistan.
  • How he got off Mushroom world.

Offline Berto

« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2022, 08:14:18 pm »
If I could choose which stories around Dr. Robotnik I want to see/read, it would be either:
  • The Coup in Pakistan.
  • The Uprising in Azerbaijanistan.
  • How he got off Mushroom world.

Definitely the last one ...

Offline Berto

« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2022, 08:15:49 pm »
New Sonic the Hedgehog Poster, Trailer, and AMC fan event revealed

A fan event has been announced which allows early access to see the film on Wednesday, April 6.
Showtimes appear to be at 6PM local times, and with your ticket you receive a limited edition comic book & exclusive collector print.
You can buy tickets now over at AMC’s website : 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/03/14/new-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-trailer-poster-and-amc-fan-event-revealed/