Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 114415 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #315 on: April 20, 2022, 09:38:00 am »
Damn.. That's true. SoR without beating many people at once with fist's like Street Fighter without one on one fighting.
Now I'm afraid that it would be like House of the Dead movie.
Axl and friends were cops in whole movie, using mostly guns, and only quit their jobs at the end of the movie.
The only "hope" I can think of from all this is... remember how everyone thought Sonic's first movie was going to be terrible? Like, they responded to the backlash from the first trailer and it gave fans hope the movie might turn out to be better than expected but bakc then people already judged the movie harshly?

Well let's just hope Kolstad will keep the firearms to a minimum and hire a good martial arts choreographer for the film.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 09:40:56 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #316 on: April 20, 2022, 08:07:06 pm »
The only "hope" I can think of from all this is... remember how everyone thought Sonic's first movie was going to be terrible? Like, they responded to the backlash from the first trailer and it gave fans hope the movie might turn out to be better than expected but bakc then people already judged the movie harshly?

Well let's just hope Kolstad will keep the firearms to a minimum and hire a good martial arts choreographer for the film.

The difference with Sonic's first movie is ... the dislike button was still a thing in youtube.
This one how we supposed to express our dislike when the new trailer comes out.
For now ...

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2022, 03:27:08 am »
The difference with Sonic's first movie is ... the dislike button was still a thing in youtube.
This one how we supposed to express our dislike when the new trailer comes out.
For now ...

People use the Return YouTube Dislike extention these days so the whole youTube issue of removing the DIslike button was pretty much glossed over when the extention came out.

It's just a question whenever or not the uploader will read the comments or not or look at the dislike stats on their end.

Offline Berto

« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2022, 03:58:45 am »
People use the Return YouTube Dislike extention these days so the whole youTube issue of removing the DIslike button was pretty much glossed over when the extention came out.

It's just a question whenever or not the uploader will read the comments or not or look at the dislike stats on their end.

Yes, it's up to uploader now.
Back then many dislikes on youtube video could feed a journalist to make an article of it.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2022, 05:08:49 am »
Yes, it's up to uploader now.
Back then many dislikes on youtube video could feed a journalist to make an article of it.
They still can with the extention, or just by reading the comments if available.

Offline Berto

« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2022, 09:08:04 pm »
They still can with the extention, or just by reading the comments if available.

I guess they could, but the fact is there are only few articles or meme about amount of dislikes now when a trailer came. Used to be a lot of them.

Offline Berto

« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2022, 10:10:16 pm »
The SEGAbits Swingin’ Report Show LIVE: Sonic Movie Novelization Writer Kiel Phegley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IlA9GtlgYo

Sonic has returned to theaters in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Kiel Phegley is returning to the Swingin’ Report Show to talk about all he has been up to in the world of Sonic books since we last spoke!
We’ll talk about how Kiel became the go-to Sonic movie novelization writer, the process of creating a novelization for both Sonic movies, and his work with IDW on the prequel comic for Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/04/21/the-segabits-swingin-report-show-live-sonic-movie-novelization-writer-kiel-phegley/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #322 on: April 22, 2022, 05:29:52 am »
I guess they could, but the fact is there are only few articles or meme about amount of dislikes now when a trailer came. Used to be a lot of them.

Tolkein fans complained about Rings of Power because while it is an original story set in Middle Earth it still disregards some establishments set by Tolkein himself, such as elves with human skin colour when all elves are suppose to be white. Some elves whiter than white man.

On the subject of Streets of Rage cinematic adaption, I hope Kolstad choose an actual American city to set it in, such as Los Angeles, San Francisco or Detroit.
I didn't even knew "Wood Oak City" was a thing in Street of Rage until SoR4. I simply thought the games take place in a generic American city.

Offline Berto

« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2022, 09:05:58 pm »
Tolkein fans complained about Rings of Power because while it is an original story set in Middle Earth it still disregards some establishments set by Tolkein himself, such as elves with human skin colour when all elves are suppose to be white. Some elves whiter than white man.

That was just example how to promote fans dislikes with youtube dislike buttons that could attract journalist to make it an article.
So ... Dark Elves didn't exist in Tolkein world?

On the subject of Streets of Rage cinematic adaption, I hope Kolstad choose an actual American city to set it in, such as Los Angeles, San Francisco or Detroit.
I didn't even knew "Wood Oak City" was a thing in Street of Rage until SoR4. I simply thought the games take place in a generic American city.

Well.. considering E-Swat take place in fictional American city (Liberty City), SOR's doing it too is no surprises.
But movie version could be different.
Using real city could make them more grounded to audiences.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2022, 02:43:19 pm »
That was just example how to promote fans dislikes with youtube dislike buttons that could attract journalist to make it an article.
So ... Dark Elves didn't exist in Tolkein world?

I'm not a die-hard Tolkein fan, but from what I understand elves are suppose to be a more divine being than humans. Yes they are still mortal to a degree and can fall victim to pride and dark powers given the races who were given Rings of Power are most susceptible to the One Ring.

Keep in mind, "Black" and "White" wasn't considered a racial thing in his stories. To Tolkein, he associated "Black" with dark, corrupted and evil things while "White" is associated with light, pure and holy things. Because elves are regarded a divine race he made them practically whiter than most white humans.

The closest to black elves in Middle-Earth would be orcs. From what I understand of the lore, the ancestors of orcs were once elves who were kidnapped by Melkor and were abused and corrupted into the orcs they are now. Their skin varies from dark grey to black.

The colour of elves and orcs skin has nothing to do with racial colour, but by divinity or something like that, which is why a brown-skin elf is not regarded as canon. It's not a racist thing, just a Middle-earth elf can't be biologically brown no more than we humans be biologically green.
Well.. considering E-Swat take place in fictional American city (Liberty City), SOR's doing it too is no surprises.
But movie version could be different.
Using real city could make them more grounded to audiences.
E-Swat takes place in GTA4?

Well Liberty City does sound like an actual place I can believe can exist in America.
Wood Oak City... not so much. Even the fictional American city of Gotham seems more believable than me, and I acknowledge it's fictional.

Maybe if Streets of Rage takes place in Miami, Los Angeles or the seedy-side of New York I can believe that for a Streets of Rage game.

Offline Berto

« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2022, 09:14:22 pm »
I'm not a die-hard Tolkein fan, but from what I understand elves are suppose to be a more divine being than humans. Yes they are still mortal to a degree and can fall victim to pride and dark powers given the races who were given Rings of Power are most susceptible to the One Ring.

Keep in mind, "Black" and "White" wasn't considered a racial thing in his stories. To Tolkein, he associated "Black" with dark, corrupted and evil things while "White" is associated with light, pure and holy things. Because elves are regarded a divine race he made them practically whiter than most white humans.

The closest to black elves in Middle-Earth would be orcs. From what I understand of the lore, the ancestors of orcs were once elves who were kidnapped by Melkor and were abused and corrupted into the orcs they are now. Their skin varies from dark grey to black.

The colour of elves and orcs skin has nothing to do with racial colour, but by divinity or something like that, which is why a brown-skin elf is not regarded as canon. It's not a racist thing, just a Middle-earth elf can't be biologically brown no more than we humans be biologically green.

I forgot that orcs are grey in LOTR.
I always remembered them green like those in anime and games.

Yeah, I remember when Street Fighter's Evil Ryu and Violent Ken got angry tweets because of their colors.
I'm sure the designer was only trying to associated darken clothes and skins with corrupted and evil,
but somehow some people took things more than it should.

E-Swat takes place in GTA4?

Well Liberty City does sound like an actual place I can believe can exist in America.
Wood Oak City... not so much. Even the fictional American city of Gotham seems more believable than me, and I acknowledge it's fictional.

Maybe if Streets of Rage takes place in Miami, Los Angeles or the seedy-side of New York I can believe that for a Streets of Rage game.

Then GTA4 shared the same universe with Streets of Rage, lol.
Back then I always thought Liberty City's another name for New York,
turned out it's just fictional name.

Yeah, Wood Oak doesn't sound like a city name.
Wood Oak Village is more fit.
Why did SEGA of America didn't change the city name?
They already changed the game title (from Bare Knuckle to Streets of Rage) afterall.

Offline Berto

« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2022, 09:15:06 pm »
The Sonic Movie 2 CD soundtrack from LaLaLand Records arrived!
Great quality, goes nice with their first release!

Source : https://twitter.com/segabits/status/1518718460099977218?s=21&t=X0LF2p8063j5z6xtzohWGg

Offline Berto

« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2022, 12:02:24 am »
Post-credit scene...

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2022, 06:36:58 am »
Do you know when Sonic 2 DVD release date is?

I forgot that orcs are grey in LOTR.
I always remembered them green like those in anime and games.

Yeah Orc and OGres in traditional mythology are usually depicted as green, or sometimes Ogres are depicted as really ugly, really violent humans. Tolkein put his spin of mythology in his books which in turn influence fantasy genre itself from then on. We wouldn't have D&D elves if it were not for Tolkein and same goes for every version of fantasy elves out there depicted as beautiful people with long slender ears.
Yeah, I remember when Street Fighter's Evil Ryu and Violent Ken got angry tweets because of their colors.
I'm sure the designer was only trying to associated darken clothes and skins with corrupted and evil,
but somehow some people took things more than it should.
I don't think I was around for that, but I get the idea.
Then GTA4 shared the same universe with Streets of Rage, lol.
Back then I always thought Liberty City's another name for New York,
turned out it's just fictional name.
I see why it would be called that. But it turns out the known name for New York (other than the Big Apple) is "Empire City", so Sonic Unleashed and Steven Universe got it right. It's these kinds of cases I find more acceptable when it comes to fictional cities.

Then there's fictional cities like "Raccoon City" from Resident Evil which I find plausible if it was not for the fact Raccoon City is regarded as recently founded territory by Umbrella Corp making it a privately owned city. SO that I can sort of believe. A corporation being so exceedigly rich they can plonk a city down and make it habitable in less than half a century.
Yeah, Wood Oak doesn't sound like a city name.
Wood Oak Village is more fit.
Why did SEGA of America didn't change the city name?
They already changed the game title (from Bare Knuckle to Streets of Rage) afterall.
Did the Bare Knuckle version had a name for the city? Or left the city nameless?
Post-credit scene...

Seems legit.

Offline Berto

« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2022, 08:46:01 pm »
Do you know when Sonic 2 DVD release date is?

Estimated for July 2022.

Source : https://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movies/10339/sonic-the-hedgehog-2

Yeah Orc and OGres in traditional mythology are usually depicted as green, or sometimes Ogres are depicted as really ugly, really violent humans. Tolkein put his spin of mythology in his books which in turn influence fantasy genre itself from then on. We wouldn't have D&D elves if it were not for Tolkein and same goes for every version of fantasy elves out there depicted as beautiful people with long slender ears.

Yes. Tolkien's influence is really huge.

I see why it would be called that. But it turns out the known name for New York (other than the Big Apple) is "Empire City", so Sonic Unleashed and Steven Universe got it right. It's these kinds of cases I find more acceptable when it comes to fictional cities.

Then there's fictional cities like "Raccoon City" from Resident Evil which I find plausible if it was not for the fact Raccoon City is regarded as recently founded territory by Umbrella Corp making it a privately owned city. SO that I can sort of believe. A corporation being so exceedigly rich they can plonk a city down and make it habitable in less than half a century.

Did the Bare Knuckle version had a name for the city? Or left the city nameless?Seems legit.

The city is nameless on Bare Knuckle 1 and 2 but Bare Knuckle 3 had "Wood Oak City" name, so I guess the name did come from Japan.