Author Topic: Good RPG for Dreamcast?  (Read 12152 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Good RPG for Dreamcast?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 01:09:33 pm »
Yeah, as long as you don't run away from a bunch of fights, you're pretty much good to go.
You can even win a lot of fights while under-leveled if you fight strategically.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 02:42:06 pm »
Quote from: "SOUP"
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
I never played Grandia 2 before, so on your recommendations I bought it.  Now I'm playing throgh #1 on the PSP before I start #2.  I did pop it in and play a few minutes to make sure it works so I could give the ebay guy feedback.  What a nice looking game.  I look forward to it.

I love both Grandia and Grandia II. Haven't gotten to play Extreme or Grandia III yet, but the first two games are stellar!
Love that battle system.

It's my favorite battle system out of all the RPG games I've played. Every fight is unique and it never gets old.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 07:15:59 am »
The European Dreamcast cover art for Skies of Arcadia is EASILY the best one. Cube doesn't like it because it depicts females not being repressed, humiliated or stoned; they even have the nerve to actually smile in public... Those filthy ‘sexist’ whore!
Made by SEGA

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 10:20:30 am »
Always with the personal attacks, I never said anything bad about the PAL one except that I found the Legends art better.

I like the GameCube one cause it shows floating islands, and flying ships. I don't dislike it with either really, both are better than the US art.

I know you don't like me, but at least try and remain civil. Please.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 03:35:03 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
The European Dreamcast cover art for Skies of Arcadia is EASILY the best one. Cube doesn't like it because it depicts females not being repressed, humiliated or stoned; they even have the nerve to actually smile in public... Those filthy ‘sexist’ whore!

I have to agree with Cube on this one really, both the European and American Dreamcast covers do not represent the game very well.

I love the GameCube cover, but I am not sure how this was not posted.

On a technical level it is the best just because it does not have an awkward mix of 2D and 3D slapped over it. Love how the land is actually above them, I think it tells a lot about the game without giving too much away. The game is more about adventures, not about ship battles (as awesome of a game that would be too).

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 05:49:23 pm »
It just occurred to me that all the big RPGs on the Dreamcast have absolutely superb soundtracks. Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Silver, they all have excellent music.

[youtube:2dxu3v03]8Ni1yyClPWU[/youtube:2dxu3v03]

[youtube:2dxu3v03]IjWM61212Cg[/youtube:2dxu3v03]

[youtube:2dxu3v03]qSvynPE-z6w[/youtube:2dxu3v03]
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 08:22:55 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I love the GameCube cover, but I am not sure how this was not posted (DC Ntsc/J).

On a technical level it is the best just because it does not have an awkward mix of 2D and 3D slapped over it. Love how the land is actually above them, I think it tells a lot about the game without giving too much away. The game is more about adventures, not about ship battles (as awesome of a game that would be too).

I looked at it, I am a little OCD with Aika standing on air. Also the globe view in the background isn't selling me. While I understand the importance of having the other 2 protagonist on the box art, i'd go with the PAL one before the NTSC/J one.

To each his own I guess, bottom line is we are united when it comes to saying the game is a master piece.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 11:00:47 pm »
Aika's doing diving forward. Mid-air shot :).

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2011, 09:19:31 am »
If you can somehow find Evolution 2: Far Off Promise, that's also a keeper.

The game did actually get a European release in March of 2002, but it's impossible to find. And when I mean impossible, I mean Tales of Vesperia-type of impossible.