Author Topic: Nintendo  (Read 25180 times)

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
Re: Nintendo
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2016, 08:15:40 am »
Depends on the Mario spinoff.  People aren't happy with Paper Mario or Mario Tennis.
Kirby is perhaps one of the best long running series out there when it comes to lacking problems.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2016, 10:35:52 am »
F-Zero...if they bothered to make a new one
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2016, 10:54:40 am »
So something a bit interesting but the developer behind Unravel has no idea what NX is. Since we've been talking about how indies have helped the Wii U this isn't looking good for the initial support the console will be getting from indies.

http://gamingbolt.com/coldwood-nintendo-really-secretive-about-nx-wouldnt-mind-putting-unravel-on-it

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2016, 11:10:58 am »
Yeah either that or it wont come out this year as many are expecting. Or maybe the whole product isnt going to be what people think it is going to be. *shrug

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2016, 11:16:03 am »
Ori and the Blind Forest dev has already complained that they aren't getting any information regarding specs. So yea.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2016, 01:56:30 pm »
Think most of the big names have an SDK, but they're probably holding off on the indie's till they've announced it. The more people know the more likely of it getting out after all. Not sure why Ori devs are moaning mind. They use unity.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:00:52 pm by Tad »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2016, 04:03:23 pm »
Think most of the big names have an SDK, but they're probably holding off on the indie's till they've announced it. The more people know the more likely of it getting out after all. Not sure why Ori devs are moaning mind. They use unity.

But we've already seen the big Western publishers show a massive aversion towards Nintendo so them relying on them seems fool hardy.

Compare it to Sony who was charming both big and small developers and you see the stark contrast in business philosophy and why one is leading the console scene and the other is looking at a grim future.

Offline Tad

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2016, 04:38:43 pm »
True. Nintendo created this hole and they need to get out of it, so any start is a start. If the power is there and the NX sells well, I'm sure the western developers would be willing to give it a go.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2016, 05:06:08 pm »
I honestly think that Nintendo consiously wants to be self dependent, and have 3rd party jump on not through being 'desperate' like they should be now, but through 3rd party freely coming on board after Nintendo succeeds building solid installbases. Almost feels like they handicap themselves on purpose sometimes.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2016, 05:12:32 pm »
I honestly think that Nintendo consiously wants to be self dependent, and have 3rd party jump on not through being 'desperate' like they should be now, but through 3rd party freely coming on board after Nintendo succeeds building solid installbases. Almost feels like they handicap themselves on purpose sometimes.

I doubt it's being selfdependent and more to do with Nintendo believing it's their way or the high way. Lines up fine with their attitudes in the past and the present. Honestly this is a major problem with Japanese businesses and why so many have fallen behind, especially in tech.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2016, 05:20:52 pm »
Gaming companies treating their Dev Kits likes it's secret Nazi gold to the point of lunacy?

Boy, this sure never happened before ever in the history of the gaming history and Nintendo is the only one who does it, it is! It's also somehow indicative of the support that they have with developers...for some reason?

You guys say the darnedest things sometimes.

Offline Tad

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2016, 05:29:43 pm »
?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2016, 05:47:55 pm »
Gaming companies treating their Dev Kits likes it's secret Nazi gold to the point of lunacy?

Boy, this sure never happened before ever in the history of the gaming history and Nintendo is the only one who does it, it is! It's also somehow indicative of the support that they have with developers...for some reason?

If a console is going to be released at some point this year and if smaller developers aren't getting the kit now then realistically we can't expect many ports by minor studios from the get go on the console.

Console makers withholding information from developers is nothing new but the fact is this is a console that is supposed to be releasing this year. If it is releasing next year then no real reason to panic but if it is this year then Nintendo should be trying to court every possible developer or at least give them a rough idea of the specs.

You guys say the darnedest things sometimes.

So I take it you think the NX will recapture the heights Nintendo saw with the Wii and DS?

Offline Tad

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2016, 05:50:15 pm »
You know, I'm actually starting to wonder if this hole Nintendo have dug is just too deep for them to get out of now.

Let's just say for a moment the NX is indeed capable of ruing Fallout 4 etc with an easy port, are people really going to jump ship at this point? Seems like most people are already happy with the current consoles.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:52:06 pm by Tad »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2016, 06:02:45 pm »
You know, I'm actually starting to wonder if this hole Nintendo have dug is just too deep for them to get out of now.

Let's just say for a moment the NX is indeed capable of ruing Fallout 4 etc with an easy port, are people really going to jump ship at this point? Seems like most people are already happy with the current consoles.

I don't see why not. If they keep banging on the wall, keep collecting/developing premium exclusives and offer people the same or better service than their rivals (Not handicapping their online services) than people will buy the console. Nintendo still has tremendous pull in Japan, parts of Europe and America.

Remember just how badly Sony collapsed beginning of last generation and how they managed to turn the tables around, hell Nintendo even did it this generation (Albeit with a minor setback the early Nintendo 3DS sales saw) so I don't see why they can't do it. But will they is the question and I'm not confident they will do what they should do to put them back in contention as the number one console maker.