Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 736619 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1725 on: February 06, 2012, 03:09:17 am »
^I agree, only I would also say that the fable series have really gone astray from the first game and kingdoms of amulur is what sorta brings back what fable has lost. Basically Kingdoms of amulur is what fable should have become... well sorta

Am I the only one that thinks fable 1 was the best?

Anywayi'm playing Resident Evil: Revelations and Shinobi 3ds. Both great games. RE: revelations is impressing. I would agree with the croud that say it's better than RE 5. It's got that exploration and RPG feel of the classics and the tension of RE4. The creatures (which are not zombies but still scary) really show up from everywhere while they don't show up frequently. Me like
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:45:31 am by CrazyTails »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1726 on: February 07, 2012, 06:32:49 am »
I played a really huge chunk of Spiral Knights last Sunday.

It makes me want to start a SEGABits guild to record our adventures.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1727 on: February 07, 2012, 09:14:08 am »
Inspired by nuckles front page article, I booted up Panzer Dragoon Orta on my original XBOX last night and played it a bit. Then I popped in Sonic Heroes and finally defeated Egg Emperor with Team Sonic then tried to defeat him with Chaotix and failed.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1728 on: February 07, 2012, 06:07:07 pm »
Right now I have on my playlist:

-RDR: Undead Nightmare(Almost near the end);
-Splatterhouse(If I see the Game Over Screen one more time, I'm putting this up on Ebay);
-LA Noire(X-Mas gift, still shrinkwrapped);
-Beyond Good & Evil HD(Huh, I barely touched it;
-Bulletstorm(A late X-mas gift to myself, also still in shrinkwrap);

The problem is: I don't feel like playing video games right now.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:09:35 pm by max_cady »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1729 on: February 08, 2012, 11:45:25 am »
I'm about halfway through Final Fantasy XII-2. The beast capturing thing is keeping things interesting as far as the paradigm system goes. The story makes more sense now, but is really odd. Lots of time travel paradox stuff. I like that there are a ton of different locations to visit, but I kind of miss the linearity of FFXIII. Pretty much all of the dialogue is done in-engine, so I'm missing the pre-rendered cutscenes too. Overall though, the game's really good.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1730 on: February 08, 2012, 06:39:30 pm »
Glad to hear, man. I might catch FF XIII-2, if there's a markdown.

Speaking of which, I finally got around to finishing Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. It's been pretty fun. It's a pretty short adventure, it has a few cool jokes here and there, an interesting story to get through, but the adventure got pretty darn repetitive since all you do from time to time is to go place X, kill all the zombies and move on, do a few missions, where it's mostly burning down casks or save people who are missing. Had it been a few hours long, it would've overstayed it's welcome.

Then I played Spiral Knights again. But DAMN, the server's been acting up for a while. I was disconnected. And just when I bought an uber-cool sword and a rapid fire firearm.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1731 on: February 15, 2012, 11:40:29 am »
@Max_cady:  I imagine there should be a markdown by the summer.

Speaking of FFXIII-2, I made it up to the final chapter in the game, only to get my ass royally handed to me by the random baddies of the level.  As such, I spent the past couple of days doing side missions, and leveling my party up. I'm probably ready to take another crack at that final chapter, but I've really been enjoying the side stuff. I even manage to catch a green chocobo :D

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1732 on: February 15, 2012, 03:35:02 pm »
Well, the game just dropped £10 on Zavvi.com this week, I'd like to get it but on the other hand, Binary Domain is out next week, so I'm kinda in a pickle.

Anyway, yeah, finished Splatterhouse a while ago, just doing a couple of minor side stuff here and there and once again, I've gone back to Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

I want to beef my characters up as much as possible so I can finally beat that bastard boss from the secret dungeon.

And a another huge chunk of Spiral Knights.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #1733 on: February 19, 2012, 09:08:49 pm »
I'm currently playing Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland, The Jak and Daxter Collection, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim...and Dino Crisis on my PSP. I really need to finish one or two of them so I'm not playing so many games at once.  :-\ Still, they are all quite enjoyable.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1734 on: February 20, 2012, 03:37:40 am »
Started playin' LA Noire a while ago. I've done about 6 cases right now. Depending on how you look at this, the game is either one of the best of all time or a major dissapointment in general.
I can be pretty easy to go from one sentiment to the next. Fans expecting an actual open-world experience will feel very cheated out.

On the other hand, LA Noire is perhaps the best Point 'n' Click-like adventure game in a long time.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1735 on: February 22, 2012, 11:34:30 am »
I "beat" Final Fantasy XIII-2 last night. Which is to say, I got to the credits after beating the main boss of the game. I still have to finish all the remaining missions, and unlock all of the paradox endings before I get the "real" ending.  My party's pretty much maxed out right now, so that shouldn't be a big deal now.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1736 on: February 22, 2012, 06:51:46 pm »
I was playing Spiral Knights.

I've finally gotten to the Tier 2 level and the game crashed on me mid-stage.

One thing that looked pretty cool though.

Now they have actually Story based missions it seems. When you login, you are placed in a room where you can choose to go to Haven or start a couple of missions.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1737 on: February 22, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »
Been playing Darkness 2, which is really quite good I think. Very violent and disturbing in points though, I'm surprised it got passed for Australian release.

Resident Evil Zero is really really hard, there are so few green herbs and healing sprays in this game, and now there are evil zombie apes chasing me and wow, this isn't easy. Good game though. Want to play through REmake next.

Aaaand UMVC3, love it.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1738 on: February 25, 2012, 08:02:54 am »
Still playing Final Fantasy XIII-2. I think I'm only missing 2 of the hidden endings. Some of the bonus bosses are really, really tough.
I'll probably have to start maxing out some more creatures for the tougher fights.

I'm sitting at 130 of 160 fragments in the game, so I'm getting there :).

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1739 on: February 29, 2012, 06:24:12 pm »
Try as I might. I just can't get into the PC Gaming... I just can't.

I might play the Genesis Classics but that's about it.

The rest is just... ***sigh*** Some of the DRM just puzzles me. Some games that are sold on other sites need the Steam app, even though I didn't buy it directly from them.
Some of the other PC Games have a Games for Windows thingamajig that's really nothing more than a carbon copy of Xbox Live.

The game's eat up my HDD, but to have other DRM software installed there is just pointless clog.

I'm just not having fun with this...