Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 announced!  (Read 29190 times)

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 announced!
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2010, 02:14:14 pm »
In my opinion, the online PS series don't really have a place where they belong, their releases were always inconsistent.
PSO - Dreamcast
PSO ver.2 - Dreamcast, PC
PSO Ep 1&2 - Gamecube, XBox
PSO Ep 3 - Gamecube
PSO BB - PC
PSU - PC, PS2, XBox 360
PSU AotI - PC, PS2, XBox 360
Started on a SEGA console later with a PC port (I think that PC version was only released in Asia though), went to Nintendo and Microsoft consoles, then just Nintendo, then PC, and in the end PC, Sony and Microsoft.

Anyway, I'm fine with PC only, but would be nice if it was PC/PS3, and maybe XBox360, if Microsoft allowed their players to play together with PC and PS3 players (but seeing what happened with FFXIV, that's not gonna happen)...
But, if being PC only means that the western servers may keep up with the eastern servers in terms of updates, then I'm all for PC only. :>

For those that prefer playing with controllers, there's some fine gamepads for the PC, including some new ones that Logitech will be releasing soon, somewhat similar to PS3 controllers and their previous "Rumblepad 2".

Since this new controller supports Xinput, that means it'll work in any game that works with the XBox360 PC version controller (it also supports DirectInput, to work with older games).

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2010, 06:44:27 pm »

That controller looks mighty nice!

How much is it?

Edit: the shoulder buttons look kinda weird though, is there any other pictures that show them better?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2010, 10:34:28 pm »
Quote from: "ShadiWulf"
That controller looks mighty nice!

How much is it?

Edit: the shoulder buttons look kinda weird though, is there any other pictures that show them better?
There's 3 versions of this controller, a cheaper one without vibration, a mid priced one with vibration, and a more expensive one, which is wireless.
They haven't been released yet though, apparently they're going to be released sometime in the next few weeks.

Logitech F310 ($25):
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/co ... vices/7360

Logitech F510 ($35):
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/co ... vices/7359

Logitech F710 ($50):
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/co ... vices/7361

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2010, 01:57:19 am »
I just play with a 360 controller.  Works great.  If you have wireless ones, there is a $20 wireless adapter for your PC that lets you connect up to 4 I believe.  They also sell wired controllers.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2010, 11:30:49 am »
I think we are kind of jumping the gun here. Yeah, we all want it to be an HD release, but it could be anything, even like... A 3DS game.

Wait and see until we know more instead of just buying anything. It is also a Sonic Team product most likely and might suck shit.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2010, 11:38:12 am »
I think we can rule out it being on 3DS.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2010, 11:54:09 am »
Quote from: "Radrappy"
I think we can rule out it being on 3DS.

What makes you say that? If it has the same kind of scale in levels as every other action based Phantasy Star and the graphics are around as good as PSU (could happen, many PC games nowadays aimed for huge audiences do not really push the graphics as much as they could) then it is completely possible on 3DS.

I mean, why would they not want it on the followup to the most successful game platform of all time?

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2010, 12:31:42 pm »
How keen Nintendo is to create a proper online service for their next console generation is yet to be seen. Not being on the 3DS is very plausible. I mean, right now Nintendo rule the online world with their friend codes and lack of patching (essential for a game of PSO's nature).

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2010, 02:18:31 pm »
Nintendo has said they are going to change many of their online works in the future, and I think them taking WiiWare and DSiWare more seriously are somewhat of a baby step towards this. They are also very aware of the money Microsoft is making with Xbox Live, and I am certain they would love a bit of that pie.

I personally do not think it will be on the 3DS, but I think it is very possible, all things considered. Just think we are all jumping the gun thinking it will be on HD game consoles and already considering buying shit like a Logitec controller. I do not want anyone to be disappointed, we all hold PSO very highly, after all.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »
Wait, we're buying logitech controllers because we think the game WON'T be on hd consoles.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2010, 05:35:03 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Just think we are all jumping the gun thinking it will be on HD game consoles and already considering buying shit like a Logitec controller. I do not want anyone to be disappointed, we all hold PSO very highly, after all.
Wat?
The game is confirmed for the PC, the Logitech controllers I mentioned in the previous page are for the PC. o__o
If you read my post where I first mentioned the controller, I say:
For those that prefer playing with controllers, there's some fine gamepads for the PC...

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2010, 05:51:18 pm »
It was a joke. Logitec is known for their mixed quality.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2010, 04:48:21 pm »
As someone who missed out on both Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe, I'm hoping I'll be able to jump on-board for Phantasy Star Online 2. I'm just hoping that it'll be multiplatform because as much as I love PC games I'm pretty sure my computer wouldn't be able to handle a game like this.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2010, 12:37:40 am »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
As someone who missed out on both Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe, I'm hoping I'll be able to jump on-board for Phantasy Star Online 2. I'm just hoping that it'll be multiplatform because as much as I love PC games I'm pretty sure my computer wouldn't be able to handle a game like this.

Who is up for a Segabits Blue Burst run-through clan/guild/whatever?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2010, 01:22:49 am »
I might be up for it soon.