Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723399 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1755 on: March 17, 2012, 08:25:11 am »
Over the weekend (Thursday/Friday are my days off), I managed to finish off a decent amount of games. I beat Professor Layton and the Unwound Future(my favourite in the series to date), Space Invaders Extreme 2, and Kirby's Dream Land.
It was a bit odd going back to a Kirby game where you can't copy abilities. The music was still great, and the characters had a ton of personality for an old GameBoy game. I just might re-play Adventure on my NES at some point soon.
I made some more progress in Kirby's Return to Dream Land with my girlfriend. It's surprising how similar it is to Adventure. Right down to the springboard finish at the end of every stage.

I made a good chunk of headway in Final Fantasy XII too.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1756 on: March 17, 2012, 03:59:53 pm »
Damn it. Spiral Knights is actively trying to kill my social life.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1757 on: March 18, 2012, 08:02:05 am »
Most of my portable backlog is comprised of RPGs, but I needed something a bit different from Final Fantasy XII. I ended up settling on Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters.  Gotta say, it feels pretty good to break out the PSP Go again.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1758 on: March 18, 2012, 10:21:07 pm »
Shogun 2: Rise of the Samurai. Very good and very complete expansion pack for one that was so cheap (especially for me as I bought it for $2 or something ridiculous on Steam's Total War sale).

I want to finish the Rise campaign before I get Fall of the Samurai.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1759 on: March 19, 2012, 07:30:12 am »
After the awesome Clone Wars finale, I was having Star Wars withdrawal so I found The Force Unleashed at the mall for $8 new and played it last night.

No clue why this game was bashed by critics! Is it 10/10? No, but it's fun as fuck and the story is pretty epic.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1760 on: March 21, 2012, 06:29:38 am »
After the awesome Clone Wars finale, I was having Star Wars withdrawal so I found The Force Unleashed at the mall for $8 new and played it last night.

No clue why this game was bashed by critics! Is it 10/10? No, but it's fun as fuck and the story is pretty epic.
That was the sequel for going apeshit. The first one was pretty cool.

Just finished up Sonic Generations. Very very good.. I just wish it had more story cutscene bits, the Robotnik/Eggman duo cracked me up. The game was short, but sweet.

I fucking hate Planet Wisp.

Now I'm playing Wolfenstein. Superpowered Nazis. Looks cool.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1761 on: March 22, 2012, 05:38:41 am »
I would LIKE to be playing Shogun Total War 2, but Steam is being a dick. Bloody DRM bullshit.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1762 on: March 22, 2012, 07:50:31 am »
That was the sequel for going apeshit. The first one was pretty cool.

Just finished up Sonic Generations. Very very good.. I just wish it had more story cutscene bits, the Robotnik/Eggman duo cracked me up. The game was short, but sweet.

I fucking hate Planet Wisp.

Now I'm playing Wolfenstein. Superpowered Nazis. Looks cool.

I assumed that TFU2 was what gave the TFU series a bad name. It seemed so superfluous, him being a (spoiler alert) clone and all.

I didn't like Planet Wisp on my first go, but when I returned to it I found that it was a breeze. The forest bit at the start of modern is awesome. I also really like the modern mission where the environment is all pink/purple and you have to make use of all your tricks.

Which Wolfenstein are you playing? I have the original on my iPod Touch and it is just as awesome as I remember it on our IBM PS/2.   

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #1763 on: March 22, 2012, 06:37:22 pm »
I assumed that TFU2 was what gave the TFU series a bad name. It seemed so superfluous, him being a (spoiler alert) clone and all.

I didn't like Planet Wisp on my first go, but when I returned to it I found that it was a breeze. The forest bit at the start of modern is awesome. I also really like the modern mission where the environment is all pink/purple and you have to make use of all your tricks.

Which Wolfenstein are you playing? I have the original on my iPod Touch and it is just as awesome as I remember it on our IBM PS/2.

Usually I just play through the main storyline in games then move on to other ones, then get back for the bonus content when I can't buy new games. When I get back to Sonic, I'll make sure I play that mission ;)

The forest bit was nice and got me pumped, but the platforming was so....boring. And frustrating. The first time I didn't quite know what I was supposed to do.

Crisis City was very weak as well. I actually preferred the original level in Sonic 06 (imo the only honestly good level in the game).

I'm playing Wolfenstein on the PS3. The "newgen" one, with the magic-powered super-nazis. I'm having fun, though the game feels repetitive. I love this gun that makes your enemies disintegrate into skeletons.
SEG4GES

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1764 on: March 24, 2012, 08:09:29 am »
I made a decent amount of progress in Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters before I had to charge up the PSP. It doesn't look like it's going to be a very long game after all. Kind of refreshing, given all the RPGs I've been playing lately.

Speaking of which, I passed the 20 hour mark in Final Fantasy XII. I got turned around in a dungeon, and ended up going through the whole thing again. On the upside, I ended up leveling up quite a bit, so it's not a total waste :).

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1765 on: March 25, 2012, 08:36:31 am »
After making a bit more progress in Final Fantasy XII, I beat Kirby's Return to Dreamland last night with my girlfriend. We'll probably go back through it to collect the gears (basically like the red rings in Sonic Colours) that we missed on the first time through. Beating the game also unlocked a hard mode, but I don't know if I'm up for that. Some of the boss fights in the game were pretty tough already.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1766 on: March 25, 2012, 01:32:31 pm »
I've played Spiral Knights today, for the last time.

I am officially exausted. Time to play somethin' else.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1767 on: March 31, 2012, 10:03:53 am »
I passed the 30 hour mark in Final Fantasy XII....so I think I'm half done?

On the portable side of things, I got stuck on the last boss of Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, so I decided to give Pursuit Force a shot. This was another one of those free games I got during that PSN outage, but hadn't really tried until now. It's actually really fun. The gameplay goes a little something like this:
- Race after some criminal.
- Jump out of your vehicle and land on theirs, guns blazing.
- You then steal their vehicle, and repeat the process.
Not all that complicated, but pretty darn fun.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1768 on: April 05, 2012, 08:10:33 pm »
Tried the Diabolical Pitch demo for Kinect. It's actually a lot of fun! Very much an arcade-like game. In fact, I think it would do great in arcades. Not ready to buy it yet, but I might on a rainy day. Think of it as a shooting gallery meets baseball pitching.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1769 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:03 pm »
Finally beat the final boss in Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters. I ended up playing through the last level like 20 times in order to level up all my equipment. That's pretty much the only way to stand a chance against that final boss. Still a fun game overall though.

Aside from that, still plugging away at Final Fantasy XII.