Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723236 times)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1905 on: August 17, 2012, 04:17:01 pm »
So after a good amount of time playing Street Fighter X Tekken I really had a lot of fun playing it. The various tag-team mechanics, a good arcade mode and lots of cool fighters to learn. The Tekken side of the roster has some of my favorite picks like Asuka, Kuma and Yoshimitsu. I do like Poison of the Street Fighter side and her partner Hugo was one of my favorites from Street Fighter III so it's cool to play as him again.
Even though I am having loads of fun playing the single-player modes, fighting online is another story. I know I'm a below-average player when it comes to skill so I don't go in expecting to win a lot, but I really don't like how so many players fight in such a repetitive and cheap way. I try to mix my moves up as much as I can and I wish other players did the same. Also, I am beginning to really, really, dislike Ryu & Ken teams. You have so many unique characters to choose from but 80% of the people I have fought use this boring team. Try to branch out people!
Online gripes aside I am really enjoying Street Fighter X Tekken and it is one of the coolest fighting games I have played this year. Can't wait to see how Namco will respond with Tekken X Street Fighter!

Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1906 on: August 17, 2012, 05:14:04 pm »
I've made a decent amount of progress over the past couple of days.
Final Fantasy VIII's going well, and I think that Rayman Origins platinum just might be attainable.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1907 on: August 21, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »

Yes! I beaten Zio on Motavia. The boss fight was pretty tough. But I just managed to survive. Had to level grind for a bit, but it was worth it! Now my adventure with Phantasy Star IV can continue.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #1908 on: August 22, 2012, 12:14:52 pm »
lol. I am still on Zio's Castle where Dark Falz is immune to damage unless you use the Psycho Wand. XD

Playing Valkyria Chronicles 3 (I can't read Japanese in case you didn't know), onto Chapter 3 and noted the game's easy side in terms of how easy the maps are so far...but the Imperials are harder then ever! (they take loads of HP per shot!)
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1909 on: August 24, 2012, 10:11:26 am »
Just got the Platinum trophy in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, with the help of my girlfriend.

Now I'm onto the first Jak and Daxter game.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1910 on: August 25, 2012, 07:57:56 am »
Gone back and played a bit of Red Dead Redemption for a while.

Still pretty good. :)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1911 on: August 25, 2012, 09:29:19 am »
Picked up WarioWare DIY, been playing it on the 3DS XL. Addicting little game! I love DIY games, so I can see some pretty wacky games from myself being made.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1912 on: August 25, 2012, 05:18:53 pm »
Sometimes the best things are free. Even Android games.

I downloaded a game called Punch Hero and well... It's been taking me away from other distractions, which is pretty cool.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #1913 on: August 26, 2012, 07:44:56 am »
Right now, I'm playing through Deep Fear (SAT) and Resident Evil: Code Veronica (DC). I'm whipping through Deep Fear, but Code Veronica's kicking my ass something fierce. I haven't played this game in so long, it's like a brand new game. Also playing R-Type for SMS. So awesome.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #1914 on: August 26, 2012, 08:34:24 am »
Yeah, Code Veronica is one of the more difficult Resident Evil games. I had to do that fight against the Tyrant on the plane dozens of times. :(
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1915 on: August 26, 2012, 08:56:55 am »
Playing this thing:

Really a fantastic game. Reminds me of why I, despite being a Sonic fan, also enjoy Mario games.

I think I just dislike the Mario titles that are a bit too open world (Mario 64, Sunshine) or are too gimmicky (Galaxy, Sunshine) or are dumbed down versions of the classics (NSMBW). Don't get my wrong, I enjoy Galaxy, but I don't really like the walking around on spheres bit. I prefer a bit more old fashioned walking on a simple flat surface type of Mario game.

NSMB for DS is fun, but like NSMBWii, it doesn't really try to be that much different from the originals. No real innovation. At least for the DS/3DS NSMB titles they are built for single players rather than the silly four player gameplay in the console versions.

Anyway, this is definitely one of my favorite Mario titles. I enjoy it as much as I did the NES originals and the Game Boy Super Mario Land titles. Thumbs up.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #1916 on: August 26, 2012, 11:49:18 am »
Ah, you picked up a great game Barry. Yes indeed it is one of the best 3DS picks you can make. What I like about mario games is that despite the gameplay always being somewhat similar, it's creativity and ideas in the level design what drives the franchise and makes mario games great. Mario 3D land is very consistent in this, which is why I never got bored in completing the game 100% within a few days. Defenitly a system seller and a brilliant game, allthough personally I do love the galaxy games alot more ^^

I recently bought Kingdom Hearts 3D, and gotta say that after skipping so many KH games (after KH2), this game seems terribly confusing and complicated. I am starting to getting it more and also enjoying it more. It seems you have 2 playable characters who get switched automatically after the "drop meter" depletes, and then you change into the other character. You'll be able to spend points you earned within the drop time limit to powerup the other character and this happens repeatedly. You can change characters whenever you want, but letting the drop meter activate the change is better in the sense you'll have more points to spend.

This may sound incredibly complicated, because it is. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes a satisfying experience. I do gotta say that these "flowmotion moves" feel very overpowered. The regular attacks and magic attacks almost seem redundant, but they do seem to feel more usefull now I think. I'll see where things head to
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:51:59 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #1917 on: August 26, 2012, 03:00:32 pm »
recently picked up GTA IV complete edition, at first i was lost and a bit bored, but now that i've gotten used to the flow of the game, and the driving controls, and ive started doing lots of missions, the game is awesome, and the story keeps getting deeper the more missions i do, it's sucking me in. i never thought i would like such a game, lol but it's amazing.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1918 on: August 26, 2012, 03:15:37 pm »

I remember a time where I used to loathed these type of sandbox games, but after I started playin' Bully and Red Dead Redemption, I'm more fond of this genre.

Lately, I've played a lot of Phantasy Star IV on the PC. I've been makin' a lot of progress. It's a shame I never got to play this when I was younger, because back then, I was much more into Shining Force. It's clearly an old school JRPG, because it will kick your ass early on, at times it's pretty unforgiving. But totally worth the time and effort. It's also a very cinematic game, there's a ton of "cutscenes". If there's one game that's worth playin' on the PC right now, it is this one.

Oh, and sometimes I'll play a bit of Urban Terror. I've had a lot of fun.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #1919 on: August 26, 2012, 03:25:39 pm »
Yeah, Code Veronica is one of the more difficult Resident Evil games. I had to do that fight against the Tyrant on the plane dozens of times. :(

I feel your pain. Also trying to remember which puzzles Claire is supposed to solve and which I leave for Chris. My memory be faulty.  :'(
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q