Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723256 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1950 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:42 pm »
Not bad max. It's actually a great game. I managed to get myself all 5 star geared up and the hours I spent into the game has been higher than any other game, period. I've basically done all content and I think I can occasionally spend a little cash when I can miss it for some gear that'll make things easier based on the element defences and such, but most of us are now looking forward to the next "major" update. There is going to be a huge one.

Anyway, i've recently been playing alot of final fantasy 12. I've missed out on alot of PS2 games and this was one I really wanted to play during the time it came out. In  the mean time i've played alot of the other final fantasy games, like 8 and 13(skipped 10 because it was supposed to have a bad storyline), but none of the ones i've played recently have been able to stand next to my favourites, being 4,5,6,7 and 9.

Final fantasy 12 is great :)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1951 on: October 23, 2012, 06:42:45 am »
I think I've spent more than 50 bucks on energy boosts alone because some of those are vital for progression.
Spiral Knights is easy to pick up and play and I've finally gotten at least 3 four-star items (sword, shield, helmet) just two more items and I should be able to finally cross over to tier-3.

If Phantasy Star Online 2 is anything like this... I think I'm gonna go bananas!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #1952 on: October 24, 2012, 07:01:24 pm »
Well I hope you do, some of us have been playing the JP servers ever since it started. Personally I wouldn't say it's anything like that. It defenitly got that pick up and playish thing to it, but not because of the game mechanics, it's moreso because of how easy the game is, well in my opinion at least.

In spiral knights the mechanics are easy, but once you reach harder content, you learn that there is a high level of executing them, and so the game encourages/forces you to play better untill you become really good.

The thing is, spiral knights draws alot of inspiration from the first PSO, but I feel spiral knights does it more than the sequel of PSO does. Wether that's a good or bad thing, i'll leave that up to you when the english release is there.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:44:32 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #1953 on: October 25, 2012, 05:38:42 am »
Finished JSRF, and I did enjoy it...but the lack of direction and the easiness of the game made me feel quite unfulfilled about it.

Valkyria 3 on the other hand...is causing me some problems....I'm on the last mission and it seems to spam snipers in an infantry only part of the map...so I have to be very cautious....plus the OHKO Area of Effect attack that happens on EVERY map on each turn at a certain point is really annoying me...since everyone's KO'd and my camps are free for the taking.

Yeah...3 seems to be the hardest final mission of the series.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1954 on: November 03, 2012, 10:54:39 am »

F*** this. Tier 3 missions are so incredibly hard that I really can't afford to die. It's hard to venture by myself sometimes.
Some missions are a breeze to get through, but ever so often they just swarm you in a tiny room and you have to make do with what you got.

I think I've finally had my share of Spiral Knights madness.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #1955 on: November 03, 2012, 04:26:51 pm »
On Sakura Taisen 4 and I somehow can't get Erica out of my top girl position. Goddammit, why did I let her stay in my apartment in part 3? I want to finish the game with Sakura and then with Erica.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #1956 on: November 06, 2012, 08:31:21 am »
Finishing pokemon white so I can start with my latest purchase, pokemon white 2

Still just as great and addicting like the first games.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1957 on: November 06, 2012, 03:07:34 pm »
I finally got the Playstation 2 hooked up and I decided to pick up two of the games I bought with it:

Dead or Alive 2

Wow... this game is ancient. Graphics, obviously... But everything else, is just so old. It's funny because Dead or Alive 4 is so Gosh-darn hard, this one is the exact opposite. The AI characters in DoA 2 save for the final boss, are pretty much punching bags. The giant Tengu boss that you fight is kinda cheap, because he either randomly counters anything you do or he's brain dead...

A fun little time capsule this was. The only weird part is that unlike the Dreamcast version, this game actually has english voice acting... Who did Kasumi's voice and did anyone bother to tell her that she's not a toddler!? Because she certaintly friggin' sounds like one!

Tommorrow I'm playin' Yakuza for the very first time!

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #1958 on: November 07, 2012, 03:42:01 am »
Yakuza Dead Souls

I stopped at the fork lift part.  It's really irritating.  You run out of gas so fast (game over) and if you hit too many zombies with it, game over.  Hitting zombies was fun, and I didn't realize that was bad.  Anyone else have this issue?

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #1959 on: November 07, 2012, 04:08:13 am »
Playing Fighters Megamix for JP Sega Saturn. Loving it so far. I'm a little annoyed, because I had unlocked a bunch of fighters, only to lose 'em all. Why? My internal battery died. On top of that, I lost my NiGHTS and Bio Hazard files....

*big sigh*

It's frustrating, but I'm kinda' looking forward to replaying them. I want my infinite rocket launcher back.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #1960 on: November 10, 2012, 06:49:32 am »
Playing Fighters Megamix for JP Sega Saturn. Loving it so far. I'm a little annoyed, because I had unlocked a bunch of fighters, only to lose 'em all. Why? My internal battery died. On top of that, I lost my NiGHTS and Bio Hazard files....

*big sigh*

It's frustrating, but I'm kinda' looking forward to replaying them. I want my infinite rocket launcher back.

I am sorry to hear about that...I would have to rage at my Saturn very hard for losing every single one of my save data. ._.

Especially Panzer Dragoon Saga!

Oh yeah, on topic. I beat Kirby's Dream Land 3 last night...was fun but pretty awkward in some places (enemy placement isn't the best in Kirby games I felt).

Currently on Super Mario RPG now...probably the only thing Mario games related I like. I should be done with it soon.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 06:51:19 am by Nameless 24 »

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #1961 on: November 10, 2012, 06:55:38 am »
If I lost my Saga date, I'd be fuckin' pissed. However, I make it a point to back up those saves whenever I've completed a long session. I'm just not ready to start all over again.

Never played Mario RPG. The last Mario game I played and enjoyed was New Super Mario Bros. on DS. Not bad. Good old-fashioned fun.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #1962 on: November 10, 2012, 06:08:25 pm »
I actually did lose my sagas data(, but thankfully that was after i've finished the game. Still kind of sad I can't just roam through the whole unlocked beautiful world anymore :(.

I lost alot of data for my saturn, like shining force 3. Ever since I found out (because I didn't know data would be lost after a while) I've only been playing arcade games without save features/

Not bothered to get the memory cartridge anymore
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 06:58:57 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1963 on: November 11, 2012, 08:25:24 am »
Yakuza for the PS2, a lot of it, lately.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #1964 on: November 11, 2012, 09:32:00 am »
If I lost my Saga date, I'd be fuckin' pissed. However, I make it a point to back up those saves whenever I've completed a long session. I'm just not ready to start all over again.

Never played Mario RPG. The last Mario game I played and enjoyed was New Super Mario Bros. on DS. Not bad. Good old-fashioned fun.

Awesome!

It's alright, but it's pretty dated compared to the Paper Mario series (which I enjoy a lot).

I liked that game too, but it's way too easy.