Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 723252 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2610 on: August 14, 2015, 04:37:46 am »
I have gotten helplessly addicted to Terraria.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2611 on: August 14, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »
So after I looked up a walkthrough and finally gotten back to Final Fantasy 4. Android version that is.
Getting just a little sick of this game's difficulty. Every normal fight almost feels a damn boss fight.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2612 on: September 13, 2015, 05:32:20 pm »
Sorry for the double-post.

Basically I've playing a lot of FF IV on my tablet. And I've playing The Phantom Pain aka MGS V. I've put 5 hours into the game so far. Did a lot of side missions and completed a couple of main story missions. I'm having fun so far... but am I out of line if I say that I'm not getting the chills that I've read on many of those reviews? Or am I still too early?

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #2613 on: September 28, 2015, 06:37:15 pm »
I just finished Metro 2033 Redux last night, and now I'm playing through Metro Last Light Redux. I don't have any past experience to compare Last Light too since I never played the original, but 2033 Redux is really surprisingly good. I was already a big fan of the original game, but the remaster really nails everything the original slipped up on (except the stealth is still pretty bad, I never even attempted it with this playthrough). Last Light however, is even better somehow, they both feel like grand odysseys more than anything, and take full advantage of the fact they're post-nuclear apocalypse. The supernatural elements are still really well done, I even got chills during one sequence. Highly recommend both of them if you want a pair of good shooters or good post-apocalypse fiction.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #2614 on: September 28, 2015, 10:37:21 pm »
I finally beat bloodborne last week and I honestly thought it was worse than DS1 and maaaaaybe even DS2.  It had a relatively short supply of content and there aren't many incentives to replaying the game.  It was short and relatively easy as well.

It's fucking gorgeous and runs silky smooth but the game itself feels somewhat thin and small compared to its predecessors.  Some amazing bosses and moments though.  My favorite boss was Mergo's wetnurse for the sound design alone.  The jangling of necklaces and jewelry was haunting. 

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2615 on: September 29, 2015, 02:11:33 am »
OK, Metal Gear Solid V has been a ton of fun so far. I am surprised at just how much of is just gameplay pure and simple. I haven't seen a cutscene so far that was more than 5 minutes, if that much. But jumping grandma on a stick, this last mission was a major hassle. I had to redo it so much that I got a chicken helmet and a chick helmet that made me pretty much invincible. Damn it! It was a bizarre out of nowhere difficulty spike.

Offline Moody

« Reply #2616 on: October 07, 2015, 06:19:44 am »
I started playing and finished Undertale this week and just...holy shit. If you are at all a fan of RPG's, funny writing, or great music, please go play Undertale. Please. Please just play Undertale. I am begging you. Not only is it one of the most genuine and heartfelt games I've ever played, but it has some truly unique gameplay, characters, and worlds. It also has some of the best (and scariest) fourth-wall breaking I've ever seen.

All I'll say to keep spoilers down is that you know how games tout that characters will remember your choices? That happens here, but it's not just the characters. The game itself remembers what you did. It's incredible. I have no reservations calling this the best game of the decade.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2617 on: October 07, 2015, 07:10:51 am »
^I am very interested in the game ever since I heard its music. (linked a track in the music thread)

Anyway i've been going through my 3DS backlog. Recently finished Mario Luigi dream team. Great game.

Now I have to choose between SMT IV or Xenoblade 3DS. I might go SMT IV first because Xenoblade may take 100 hours

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2618 on: October 13, 2015, 07:10:41 pm »
Back to the Future the Game 30th Anniversary Edition for 360:

Oddly, I intended to buy the iOS version a few weeks back but decided to first see if the Wii version was any good, and lo and behold that same day the 30th Anniversary Edition was announced for 360, XBONE and PS4. I only own a 360 of those, so I pre-ordered it and it just arrived.

When I got it, it hit me that it was the first new 360 game I bought in a looooong time. I'm trying to think of the last new 360 game I bought... it must have been Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed in 2012.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2619 on: October 14, 2015, 02:12:31 am »
Metal Gear Solid V, man...

It's sooo huge and there's so much to do. I'm about 40 hours into that game. So many side-ops, so many random stuff to do besides the main story missions. Though I gotta be honest, the plot as of right now is a litle slow moving and I feel like I'm rethreading old grounds, but overall, so much...

I need to beat this game so I can sleep better because it's just so addictive!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2620 on: October 25, 2015, 07:20:33 pm »
So I finally beat Metal Gear Solid V... What bizarre rollercoaster of a game, that one is. Personally the ending felt like a massive letdown overall and somethin' happens just before that, that gets me just a tad annoyed. On the one hand, it feels like a very complete experience but on the other it's clear towards the end that a lotta content was cut out. GOTY contender easily. Open World Stealth at it's best.

Now back to one particular game... Agarest Generations of War.

Had it on my Steam librabry since forever as it was one of my very first purchases. So I decided to give it another go. To say that it's has one of the dullest combat systems ever is an understatement, but once you get the gist of it, it's somewhat tolerable. Agarest's strength lies in it's story, how the main hero carries his adventure and how he passes his mission on to this son and so forth. Part of the fun of this game is how there's a pseudo-dating sim mechanic where in certain events you can provide give answers that will affect the MP's relantionships throughout the whole aventure.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2621 on: October 31, 2015, 01:59:32 pm »
Haunting Starring Poulterguy in honor of the season.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2622 on: November 01, 2015, 12:37:08 pm »
Im finishing all the Mario RPG's (except the snes one untill I have the time) in anticipation to the Mario Luigi paper jam game coming for 3DS.

Recently finished paper mario 64 on WII U virtual console. Already mentioned in previous post but also finished mario luigi dream team on the 3DS. I had already finished the 2 DS games when they came out. And what im playing now is Paper mario the the thousand year door. Gotta say, as RPG's these games dont get too much exposure, but gameplay wise its very true to the mario stuff. Which basically means that the gameplay has been really excellent.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2623 on: November 02, 2015, 03:21:21 am »
Agarest: Generations of War

Two hours down the drain because I didn't save before squaring off with crazy overpowered boss. F*** Y'all!

Offline Moody

« Reply #2624 on: November 03, 2015, 01:12:11 pm »
I just finished Shenmue a few minutes ago. Other than the very beginning and the very end with the forklifts (which were just painfully slow), it was extremely solid and I'm glad to finally beaten it.

I am now popping in Shenmue II because I imagine it'll take me until the end of the year to finish.