Author Topic: What Toshihiro Nagoshi would've done before games  (Read 25221 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: What Toshihiro Nagoshi would've done before games
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 06:00:45 pm »
Quote from: "George"
@Cube: They where shooting their ideas down? Give me prove that all their ideas where being shot down. Most of the companies decided to make their own studios, which in the end would have earned them more money. You don't have prove of anything you say, just blind rage. Naka explained why he left, he didn't want to work with a big team that Sonic Team has become. Mizuguchi left because he didn't want the Sammy and Sonic Team merge to happen.

They are far to many links to post.

Go read all the interviews Naka and Suzuki have conducted as of late.

Suzuki clearly revealed at GDC and months earlier with 1UP that was rejecting his ideas which lead him to make his own studio.

Then we have Naka he spoke of working at several games prior to Let's Tap but it was with Kikizo where he revealed cancelling his game that he worked on since he left Sonic Team cause SEGA didn't aproove it.

Evidently SEGA kept rejecting his games till he had to seek out another publisher for Ivy and now his upcomming Wii game.

Quote from: "Sharky"
A lot of us wish you weren't.

You should find another company to be a fan of so you can freak out when you realize staff come and go from all companies. 50 years ago Sega had none of the staff it has today and in 50 years if it still exists it'll be the same. All new staff.

Go play your Total War and Sports Manager games.
They are True Blue Sega games.

Yes you are right Ohba, Mizuguchi, Suzuki, Naka etc etc left SEGA 50 years ago and are all retired and seriously have nothing more to contribute:

It isn't like Ohab's Shinobi games preceeded the DMC games and were better than them.

I am sure Mizuguchi addictive puzzle games, and rail shooters are not doing anything useful other than adding to the scientific credence of psycophysiological phenomenon's such as Synesthesia.

I'll skip Suzuki cause that guy clearly has nothing to show, completely washed up working with SunSoft on Mobile games.

Oh and Naka the egotistical maniac has destroyed SEGA and is responsible for so much loss to the company. His latest game Ivy the Kiwi for the DS is pure garbage and what we need are more Super Monkey Ball games!

Surely they have all faded into obsecurity and are washed up.
 so I shouldn't really throw a fit, i'm being completely irrational.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 06:59:04 pm »
Holy shit, what is wrong with you people?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 07:51:24 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Holy shit, what is wrong with you people?

Surely you mean Cube?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 08:16:33 pm »
I mean everyone.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 08:28:19 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I mean everyone.

But at least they made sense.

And Cube has effectively resigned in this thread, funny stuff.

Quote from: "cube_b3"

Ryan is a big fan of the Total War series and CA are one of his favourite developers long before SEGA bought them *laughs*

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 09:28:38 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"

Oh not this shit again.

Yes you are right Ohba, Mizuguchi, Suzuki, Naka etc etc left SEGA 50 years ago and are all retired and seriously have nothing more to contribute:

It isn't like Ohab's Shinobi games preceeded the DMC games and were better than them.

I am sure Mizuguchi addictive puzzle games, and rail shooters are not doing anything useful other than adding to the scientific credence of psycophysiological phenomenon's such as Synesthesia.

I'll skip Suzuki cause that guy clearly has nothing to show, completely washed up working with SunSoft on Mobile games.

Oh and Naka the egotistical maniac has destroyed SEGA and is responsible for so much loss to the company. His latest game Ivy the Kiwi for the DS is pure garbage and what we need are more Super Monkey Ball games!

Surely they have all faded into obsecurity and are washed up.
 so I shouldn't really throw a fit, i'm being completely irrational.

Clearly your nerd rage has hindered your ability to read and understand.

I'm saying that 50 years AGO when none of these people were employed at Sega there was a completely different team of people at Sega. Far before we were born.

Back then employees came, left and retired. I bet back in those days there were some seriously great employees that are now gone... In 50 years FROM now, in the future all of the current employees will be gone and there will be NEW Nagoshis, new Nakas, new Suzukis in their place.

The fact is that employees come and go.

I bet somewhere in that mass of new employees Sega have, new developers, coders and so on there will be some really fantastic people that stand out from the crowd and make some break through games and engines and will effectively be the replacement.

As time goes on you can expect every current member of Sega to grow old, leave and eventually die... Sad as it is. New blood will take over and continue the company legacy just as it has over the past 50/60 years.

But as it turns out a lot of these people that have left that were once amazing figures in Sega have not gone onto do anything really THAT great.
Ivy the Kiwi ISN'T anything to write home about bro, sorry... It's a simple iphone type game.
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 10:32:14 pm »
Just give Cube a chance to chill out, guy seems fine most of the time. He is just coming to terms with SEGA in it's current state, you folks cannot tell me you are entirely pleased with the company... Right? Right?!

[youtube:58z0l0nt]4DVAsmrwdtQ[/youtube:58z0l0nt]

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 10:44:55 pm »
Right now I find Sega to be in its LEAST offensive state since 2001/2002.

The last couple of years Sega have put out some DAMN good games. Could they be better? Yeah they could release Shenmue 3! =D But as they are right now I'm quite content.
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 11:54:09 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Right now I find Sega to be in its LEAST offensive state since 2001/2002.

The last couple of years Sega have put out some DAMN good games. Could they be better? Yeah they could release Shenmue 3! =D But as they are right now I'm quite content.

I agree, they are releasing solid content. I can totally get however why a old school SEGA fan would be upset, we lost the best and nobody stepped up to fill their shoes. It's pretty heartbreaking and I wasn't even a SEGA fan when they discontinued the Dreamcast.

Also, where the fuck is an updated Virtua Fighter 5 port?

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 12:38:13 am »
Nostalgia's a hell of a drug.

I'll be honest, it always saddens me whenever I hear another developer from the old school has left SEGA. It would also certainly dissapoint me if ideas for new games from the old school devs or sequels to old games are being shot down because they can't sell 150k.

But...well, time goes on. Developers come and developers go, it's important for a company to foster new talent and new ideas. Bringing in other developers is a great way to do that. And as disappointing as the 150k requirement is...SEGA kind of needs it. Let's not forget, it wasn't so long ago that SEGA was in the red year after year. This kind of sales assurance is necessary for their continued survival.

I'm happier with SEGA right now then I've been in awhile. Whether it's stuff like Vanquish and Bayonetta, Sonic Colors and Yakuza, House of the Dead Overkill and SEGA All Stars....I've had a LOAD of fun with SEGA games these last few years. They are in a good place, and things are only going to get better with stuff like PSO2 and Sonic Generations on the horizon.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 12:40:39 am »
Quote from: "nuckles87"
I'm happier with SEGA right now then I've been in awhile. Whether it's stuff like Vanquish and Bayonetta, Sonic Colors and Yakuza, House of the Dead Overkill and SEGA All Stars....I've had a LOAD of fun with SEGA games these last few years. They are in a good place, and things are only going to get better with stuff like PSO2 and Sonic Generations on the horizon.

Also gotta agree with this, All-Stars Racing was fantastic. Terribly underrated game, and unlike Mario Kart it isn't a damn lottery to determine the victor.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 07:09:09 am »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"
Just give Cube a chance to chill out, guy seems fine most of the time. He is just coming to terms with SEGA in it's current state, you folks cannot tell me you are entirely pleased with the company... Right? Right?!

Virtua Fighter 5, Bayonetta, Yakuza 3 and 4 are four of my games of the generations. So yes, yes I am.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 07:16:51 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"

Virtua Fighter 5, Bayonetta, Yakuza 3 and 4 are four of my games of the generations. So yes, yes I am.

I can get that, all great titles. Still, one wasn't even developed internally, and the other, while great, feels like a lesser version of Shenmue, even if I do enjoy it. Furthermore you have to be displeased at the very least in how Sonic has been handled, and if you like VF 5 aren't you a little annoyed we haven't heard about Final Tuned being ported home?

And this pile?

Huh?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:31 am »
I can get that, all great titles. Still, one wasn't even developed internally, and the other, while great, feels like a lesser version of Shenmue, even if I do enjoy it.

Why are you comparing Yakuza to Shenmue? You may as well compare Grand Theft Auto to Shenmue too. It does not feel like a lesser version because it's not even that, it's a totally different game.

Furthermore you have to be displeased at the very least in how Sonic has been handled, and if you like VF 5 aren't you a little annoyed we haven't heard about Final Tuned being ported home?

Sonic was being handled terribly since the Dreamcast era, we're going a decade back here and the problems can be attributed to that SEGA of old. And whilst I would like VF5FT on consoles, I know the sales of Virtua Fighter 5 and they were well below par.

And this pile?

Huh?

Shinobi X was far worse for me.

And to return to the point;

Cube is effectively following the publisher because of the people who are at the company, instead of the actual content for the most part. When Outrun originally came out I did not say WOW YU SUZUKI GAME MUST PLAY IT, I played it because it was a good game.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 07:51:29 am »
Basically Cube: