Author Topic: New RGG game? [ PROJECT K ]  (Read 26335 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: New RGG game? [ PROJECT K ]
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 12:56:44 pm »
Quote from: "jonboy101"
Maybe its Yakuza with the CANVAS engine.  :roll:

Well, I'd buy that in a heart beat. =)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 01:04:34 pm »
If they keep the graphics in the same tone as that nice impressionist art work I would buy it, but this series is really moving much too quickly now.

Assuming Project K releases spring 2011, that's SIX Yakuza games in as many years, which is absolutely insane. That kind of milking is damn near shameless. Its as bad as Mario Party! And what drives me up the wall crazy is that this is one of the most talented teams Sega has and they're going to hell in a hand basket.

Where the hell are the other projects?

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 01:47:49 pm »
i think Nagoshi is going to show his new project this E3 . ( depends on his statements last year )
and i have the feeling that both projects is under development for a while now , and they will use a new engine and everything will be shared between the two ( Tech wise ) .
i don't know but to announce the game that early with a code name made me think that this is a work built from the ground up ?

is there anyone who feel the same ? or am i more optimistic than i should ..  :roll:

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 02:02:17 pm »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"
i think Nagoshi is going to show his new project this E3 . ( depends on his statements last year )
and i have the feeling that both projects is under development for a while now , and they will use a new engine and everything will be shared between the two ( Tech wise ) .
i don't know but to announce the game that early with a code name made me think that this is a work built from the ground up ?

is there anyone who feel the same ? or am i more optimistic than i should ..  :roll:

Well I think you are being optimistic thinking he has more projects in the works... What ever happened to his other western project that was hinted at it seems long gone.

But I'm really hoping that this game is some kind of reboot of the series with new tech.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 02:14:52 pm »
New tech is really dependable on the size of the market, the fact that Yakuza 3 only broke even at 500,000 units sold shows that a large amount of money would have to be poured into the games to show any worthwhile changes.

They (SEGA Europe/America) really should have tried to make the series more successful than it is, as it is, to pour anymore money into a series that sells only well in Japan would be insane.

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 02:21:28 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"

Well I think you are being optimistic thinking he has more projects in the works... What ever happened to his other western project that was hinted at it seems long gone.

But I'm really hoping that this game is some kind of reboot of the series with new tech.

i was referring to this

During a Q&A session that followed a Tokyo Game Show stage event on Sunday, Nagoshi revealed that he's working on new titles other than Ryu ga Gotoku. According to to Impress Watch, the producer also said that he is making progress on a number of projects now.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/0 ... _projects/

that was his comment from the last TGS

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 02:29:35 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
New tech is really dependable on the size of the market, the fact that Yakuza 3 only broke even at 500,000 units sold shows that a large amount of money would have to be poured into the games to show any worthwhile changes.

They (SEGA Europe/America) really should have tried to make the series more successful than it is, as it is, to pour anymore money into a series that sells only well in Japan would be insane.

but don't forget that they can shared the same tech with the other games the team is working on . and with that in mind they can get the full benefits out from what they are trying to push .

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 02:39:31 pm »
True they can, but most of these is all speculation still, it is intriguing however the method they went on to announce this game.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 08:26:04 pm »
As long as the games are good, I'm all for putting them out each year.  They haven't had a dud yet, so ... strike while the iron is hot.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 03:09:40 am »
Quote from: "Centrale"
As long as the games are good, I'm all for putting them out each year.  They haven't had a dud yet, so ... strike while the iron is hot.

Didn't they use to say the same about Tomb Raider , Sonic ?

Yearly sequels is a sure fine way to kill any innovation , kill your team and kill your franchise . I can't think of any yearly franchise that has worked long term (bar say FIFA) . Need For Speed-killed, Tom Raider - killed,  Sonic - Killed much like the Teams that made them .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 04:23:40 am »
The downfall of Sonic occured when he was no longer a yearly release, it's when the series started to have a 2+ year dev cycle did quality decline, so no, you are wrong on that assumption.

Sonic Team are just a poor development team that lack any understanding of the franchises they've been asked to develop.

Quote from: "Centrale"

How I mostly feel too, so long as the games are good, I don't mind so much.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 09:49:03 am »
TA is right. Insomniac, for instance is a really great developer, but their games are falling behind in innovation with yearly, uninspired releases. The fanbase loves their games just the same, but the sales and general public can see that it is just the same game they played over five years ago seven times.

I think Amusement Vision can keep the quality up, but I just wish they would try new games, or fix Monkey Ball.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 10:28:33 am »
Insomniac has two teams that work on rotating release schedule though. The team who did Resistance 2 are not the same who did the most recent Ratchet & Clank game.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 10:33:59 am »
But what of all their PlayStation and PlayStation 2 releases? Even with Spyro they made three whole well polished games in three years.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 10:37:18 am »
I thought most of them sucked, asking the wrong man here :lol:

Of course those could have also been multiple team, but I'm only going by what I heard about them for this generation and that they have two teams which switch between releases every year.