Author Topic: Yakuza 3  (Read 16658 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Yakuza 3
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 10:12:23 am »
[spoiler:vw1bbkwy]No, they were clearly lovers because heterosexual men are not allowed to cry over each other. Or he had sand in his eyes.[/spoiler:vw1bbkwy]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 10:24:30 am »
Quote from: "SOUP"
[spoiler:1ovpzt8v]Not really. Rikiya was kindof like a little brother to him by the end of everything.  Kazuma was like his hero, and Kazuma felt that need to look out for him all the time.[/spoiler:1ovpzt8v]
[spoiler:1ovpzt8v]Not really though... he acted towards Rikiya the same way he acts towards everyone else: Very sternly with a no nonsense attitude.

But then, I never saw him cry for anyone else. Even when an older Yakuza acquaintance died, he wasn't showing much in the way of emotion. Something gives. It's an otherwise completely out of character moment for him.[/spoiler:1ovpzt8v]

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 12:58:40 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "SOUP"
[spoiler:28uzltml]Not really. Rikiya was kindof like a little brother to him by the end of everything.  Kazuma was like his hero, and Kazuma felt that need to look out for him all the time.[/spoiler:28uzltml]
[spoiler:28uzltml]Not really though... he acted towards Rikiya the same way he acts towards everyone else: Very sternly with a no nonsense attitude.

But then, I never saw him cry for anyone else. Even when an older Yakuza acquaintance died, he wasn't showing much in the way of emotion. Something gives. It's an otherwise completely out of character moment for him.[/spoiler:28uzltml]

Not nearly as out of character as anything even hinting at being gay... considering all the girls he chats up, his girlfriend in the first game the obvious 'love interest' cop in the second game etc.
Made by SEGA

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 01:15:59 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Not nearly as out of character as anything even hinting at being gay... considering all the girls he chats up, his girlfriend in the first game the obvious 'love interest' cop in the second game etc.
Some people bat for both teams. :P

[spoiler:3hx07kb8]I have a feeling that Kazuma wouldn't cry over one of those hostess girls like he did for Rikiya. So, you know.[/spoiler:3hx07kb8]

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 02:30:26 pm »
[spoiler:ogq4s8bt]If one of my friends was shot in front of me chances are I would be extremely upset and chances are I’d be more sad then if a random girl was shot. That doesn't suddenly mean id rather have sex with my friend... Get a grip dude...[/spoiler:ogq4s8bt]

What is wrong with you? Are you really that desperate for everyone to be gay that you try to see any little hint of affection as some kind of homosexual conspiracy? Do you have aspergers syndrome or something because clearly you cannot read emotion or are you just some kind of militant gay.

Either way I'm tired of this sexuality shit coming up in every topic you enter, you don't see anyone else doing it. give it a rest.
Made by SEGA

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48:05 pm »
Do some of the side missions. There are two side stories at least with Rikiya that actually have cutscenes.  One set is all about getting that tatoo of his finished, and the other is about him running into someone that he remembers from childhood.
Both of them really flesh out the Kazuma/Rikiya "bro-lationship"

Offline ImSmartUrDum

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »
I'm playing through a JP copy of Yakuza 4  atm and it reeeealy has to be said, there are some very interesting photo opportunities in the cellphone photo snapping mini games.

The best one is just some random fat guy doing acrobatics high in the air with stolen women's underwear!

Another with a guy taking some kid hostage and a gust of wind blows up the mother's dress (who happens to be pointing a gun at the dude), showing her panties.  Hilarity ensues.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2010, 11:45:30 pm »
I really hope they announce a North American release date for that one soon.

Offline ImSmartUrDum

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 06:45:12 am »
I wonder if they will censor it for the English release if they do one,
Yakuza 4 has a scene where one of the character looks like he may be considering raping haruka after he is saved by her from drowning.

To cut a long story short he pins her to the ground and sweat-drops onto her before pulling an extremley akward looking facial expression.

I'm not sure how Sega will go about translating this kind of event in a way that doesn't get demonised by the press as gaming destroying the moral fibber of society, although it does happen within a legitimate narrative context so they may not have to cut anything out since it is all innuendo and suggestion more than anything 'too far'.  But you never know how the tabloid press crazies will interpret something these days.   :roll:

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 08:35:31 am »
Uh, could we keep the Yakuza 4 spoilers out of the Yakuza 3 thread?

Thanks, much appreciated. :|

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 11:18:52 am »
For Yakuza 4, I doubt they would cut as much as 3 considering how SEGA have said they want to make the franchise at least a minor hit outside of Japan and by just how many fans they made mad by removing the simplest of things. The hostess bars cannot be cut as one of the characters owns one and it plays a major part of his story, so there is this at least.

As for the Haruka scene... I do not think that is all that bad when you consider the other sexual innuendos that go through the series. What they can do with the scene Chizzles mentioned is they can just say the guy is hurting Haruka, and it makes Kazuma mad. I guess the fanbase would freak out poorly again, but whatever!

In a similarly related topic, I have no idea how they would ever translate Kenzan (not that I ever expected them to), as the first scene in the game [spoiler:3ol0lqcm]shows young girls being sold off into prostitution.[/spoiler:3ol0lqcm] It would be hilarious to see how anyone could make that look like anything else.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2010, 09:18:38 am »
Well, I did get around to beating Yakuza 3, finally. What a really weird ending that was.

But now, I think I'm going to do a second playthrough in the "Premium" mode. ^__^ Another 80 hours of my life to blow, hooray!