Author Topic: Super Monkey Ball comes to Project Natal?  (Read 7966 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Super Monkey Ball comes to Project Natal?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 08:43:40 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Just make a Gun Plastic Shell (Build recoil into it ) and Port every Gun game you've made SEGA . That would be the only good use of Natal imo

Do you think Natal would be accurate enough for light gun games though? I would love a pack like that, but I think PSmove would be a better option for that kinda thing

Yes its far more accurate than the Wii Remote (if you believe the PR bull) So its shouldn't be an issue . All SEGA would need to do , is build a decent shape Gun, wack in recoil  (and enough buttons for most of their Lightgun games ), and that's it.

Cheap and easy .

But is that in terms of motion tracking? I just find it hard to believe it would be accurate in placing your shots on the screen, especially with no infra-red or other doobies.

Well I'll take your word that it should be accurate enough, if it is, I would love to see some cool shooters on the system.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 04:14:48 pm »
It not an issue to me , buy Gun games are a limited affair these days . Now from what I read , with Move its needs the Camera to track the Ball on top on the Move pad , Natal doesn't need that .

What ! you don't need to buy some motion bar or something ? !

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 07:34:25 pm »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"
It not an issue to me , buy Gun games are a limited affair these days . Now from what I read , with Move its needs the Camera to track the Ball on top on the Move pad , Natal doesn't need that .

Nah, Natal is all of those tools put into one. In fact, SEGA would not even need to make a gun accessory, you could use a toy gun and scan it, or maybe even just your hands in the shape of a gun and scan them, but man, that would be so queer looking, am I right?

But that is not to say Natal would be best suited for any kind of game. While we really do not know the true extent of it's power I have a huge hunch that it will be some kind of absurdly high price, not to mention that the biggest issue with the damn thing is that you need to clear out a whole room for the damn thing to work - Which makes me worry as to how developers would treat it. Super Monkey Ball is a safe bet, SEGA even made one for N-Gage, so might as well go nuts with the series if it always sells and no one really seems to care about the brand's legacy, like they do Sonic.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 02:45:44 am »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"

No , All you really need is Natal . Though for the full effect , I would like to have a Gun shape shell to hold on too , with some buttons on it (for the various SEGA gun games ) Natal Could also handle 2 Spicy due to the way its tracks body motion , and you could have Online VS Play .

I not at all impressed with Natal or Move, bit if it meant perfect ports of 2 Spicy , Virtual Cop 3, Lets Go Jungle , HOTD IV I would be all for it .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 03:03:51 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

Nah, Natal is all of those tools put into one. In fact, SEGA would not even need to make a gun accessory, you could use a toy gun and scan it, or maybe even just your hands in the shape of a gun and scan them, but man, that would be so queer looking, am I right?

But that is not to say Natal would be best suited for any kind of game. While we really do not know the true extent of it's power I have a huge hunch that it will be some kind of absurdly high price, not to mention that the biggest issue with the damn thing is that you need to clear out a whole room for the damn thing to work - Which makes me worry as to how developers would treat it. Super Monkey Ball is a safe bet, SEGA even made one for N-Gage, so might as well go nuts with the series if it always sells and no one really seems to care about the brand's legacy, like they do Sonic.

The room size was a scary story , that got quickly got thrown out , Given that most European and Japanese houses aren’t like their American counter parts  :shock: . I know MS had a dreadful record on pricing of their Accessories , but if MS want Natal to be the success they hope it will be, they’ll take a hit on the Price  to make sure it gets into as many homes as possible .

It’s also a great opportunity for the likes of SEGA. MS will be desperate for 3rd party support,  and desperate for games that weren’t previous possible for the 360 . I think it be great to Have a Natal Gun pack collection of HOTD games , Virtual Cop games , and Linberg shooter pack . With Online Co-Op Modes and score boards .
Sure they’ll not sell in massive amounts ,  but they’ll be cheap and easy ports , sure MS will allow SEGA to sell the games at a reduced price (say around the 20 quid mark) and  I’m sure SEGA still has enough R&D Guys to make a decent cheap Gun Shape Controller for Natal to Track .  
Be nice to SEGA bring out Samba and Get Bass to Natal . Given the lack of need to include Motion sensors in the controllers , all you need is a Plastic shell (maybe with Rumble and space for the Battery/Charge pack) .  SEGA could even make that NiGHTS shape controller they prototyped for the Saturn , for Natal to track , and make a NiGHTS game that really takes advantage of the next gen systems , Oh one can dream :P

I so much rather that, than another lame Monkey Ball , because to me Monkey Ball played best with the standard analogue controller on the Cube/X-Box, not these silly motion controls
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 12:24:59 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

The room size was a scary story , that got quickly got thrown out , Given that most European and Japanese houses aren’t like their American counter parts  :shock: . I know MS had a dreadful record on pricing of their Accessories , but if MS want Natal to be the success they hope it will be, they’ll take a hit on the Price  to make sure it gets into as many homes as possible .

It’s also a great opportunity for the likes of SEGA. MS will be desperate for 3rd party support,  and desperate for games that weren’t previous possible for the 360 . I think it be great to Have a Natal Gun pack collection of HOTD games , Virtual Cop games , and Linberg shooter pack . With Online Co-Op Modes and score boards .
Sure they’ll not sell in massive amounts ,  but they’ll be cheap and easy ports , sure MS will allow SEGA to sell the games at a reduced price (say around the 20 quid mark) and  I’m sure SEGA still has enough R&D Guys to make a decent cheap Gun Shape Controller for Natal to Track .  
Be nice to SEGA bring out Samba and Get Bass to Natal . Given the lack of need to include Motion sensors in the controllers , all you need is a Plastic shell (maybe with Rumble and space for the Battery/Charge pack) .  SEGA could even make that NiGHTS shape controller they prototyped for the Saturn , for Natal to track , and make a NiGHTS game that really takes advantage of the next gen systems , Oh one can dream :P

I so much rather that, than another lame Monkey Ball , because to me Monkey Ball played best with the standard analogue controller on the Cube/X-Box, not these silly motion controls

With the reasons of that Halo MMO being canned popping up recently, one has to assume that Microsoft mostly wants Wii Sports-like games here, not cheap ports of old arcade games. Or gay nonsellers like NiGHTS (which would just be better if they released the PlayStation 2 update on XBLA in my opinion).

I am not sure why you are already dissing Monkey Ball on Natal. Sure, it might be shit, but we have no idea how it would control. Maybe it would be something cool like you have to scan a flat board and you tilt that to move in the game or maybe you use the controller to move around but your head moves how the monkey pushes his weight? I have no clue, it could be anything considering what Natal is capable of. I'd say wait to see at least a screenshot before calling it complete shit.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 01:40:27 pm »
With the reasons of that Halo MMO being canned popping up recently, one has to assume that Microsoft mostly wants Wii Sports-like games here, not cheap ports of old arcade games

I have no idea of that HALO game you talk of , only that canned Peter Jackson HALO Project . As for Wii sports , I'm sure MS and indeed SONY would be at work on their own Wii Sports Rip Off games .
The likes of Lets Go Jungle aren't ports of Old games , not that matters . I'm  sure there a decent size market for SEGA Light Gun games,  that have yet to be ported to the Home , and when it comes to Light Gun games, nobody does it better than SEGA  

I am not sure why you are already dissing Monkey Ball on Natal

Because both games on the Wii are very poor control wise . on the Cube it was a sheer delight and utter perfection, largely thanks to the brilliant analogue controls. Why mess with perfection , which is what Monkey Ball controls were on the Wii

Or gay nonsellers like NiGHTS (which would just be better if they released the PlayStation 2 update on XBLA in my opinion).

I'm on about a new NiGHTS . A NiGHTS where SEGA could use the NiGHTS shape controller they planed, and  more importantly a NiGHTS where  the 360/PS3 could better  display and handle the dream world , thanks to the power of the systems .
One could really create a fantastic  dream world and a stunning music score on systems like the 360 or PS3 , it would most prob sell like crap though I guess
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 03:05:52 pm »
I have no idea of that HALO game you talk of , only that canned Peter Jackson HALO Project . As for Wii sports , I'm sure MS and indeed SONY would be at work on their own Wii Sports Rip Off games .
The likes of Lets Go Jungle aren't ports of Old games , not that matters . I'm  sure there a decent size market for SEGA Light Gun games,  that have yet to be ported to the Home , and when it comes to Light Gun games, nobody does it better than SEGA  

It was called project Titan and had millions put into it. Personally I am glad it was canned anyways. It looked awful.

Because both games on the Wii are very poor control wise . on the Cube it was a sheer delight and utter perfection, largely thanks to the brilliant analogue controls. Why mess with perfection , which is what Monkey Ball controls were on the Wii

I thought the Wii games controller really, really really well on the Wii actually, sometimes it was even easier to do some techniques on Wii than it was a normal analog stick.

I mean of course I want there to be options to use both controls, but I think you are missing the point. Banana Blitz was ruined by the jumping, excessive poor minigames and the bosses, while Step & Roll is just too easy and too slow. They are still fine and play good. I would also say their soundtracks are fantastic, maybe even better than the first two games'.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 01:07:09 pm »
It was called project Titan and had millions put into it. Personally I am glad it was canned anyways. It looked awfu

I still never heard of it , much less seen anything of it .

I mean of course I want there to be options to use both controls, but I think you are missing the point. Banana Blitz was ruined by the jumping, excessive poor minigames and the bosses, while Step & Roll is just too easy and too slow. They are still fine and play good. I would also say their soundtracks are fantastic, maybe even better than the first two games'.

I missing no point , the game was built around analogue controls , and the GameCube version simply play'  and control better than any of the Wii efforts , and the less said about thier Mini Games the better
I'm not a fan of games with tacked on motion controls , far better if SEGA made a new IP and game developed from the ground up for the type of controls Wii Offers .

I disagree with you over the music too , nothing beats the Tunes for the 1st Stage and Monkey Golf in the 1st game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is