Author Topic: Gametrailers guy wishes for Gunstar heroes remake  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Re: Gametrailers guy wishes for Gunstar heroes remake
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 02:42:36 pm »
Screwattack and Gametrailers are 2 different things.

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 03:14:41 pm »
Quote from: "TimmiT"
Screwattack and Gametrailers are 2 different things.

Whatever, same website, as far as I could tell the same guy too.

good input, you really contributed to the topic.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 04:45:03 pm »
Two entirely different websites. ScrewAttack is only like an affiliate of GameTrailers. We're both regulars of the site, too.

As for the "HD Remix" talk, he should have listened to his own advice. It was a Genesis/MegaDrive game, and we shouldn't want it any other way. :P

Offline Sega Uranus

• Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 06:27:49 pm »
Gunstar Heroes is one of the last games I would want SEGA and Treasure updating honestly, it is fine the way it is. If they must do anything then just make another sequel... What is so hard with that? Seriously, even just revamping Gunstar Super Heroes would have been a better idea, that game had a lot of little issues.

Also ScrewAttack is the fucking scourge of the online gaming community. Seriously everyone who has anything to do with them probably is some kind of spawn of a satanic being.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 07:28:52 pm »
There was a Gunstar Heroes sequal which was basically a remake not that long ago on the GBA...

What is this mofo on about.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 09:03:19 pm »
Gunstar Super Heroes was a blast! I beat it last week. That and the XBLA release of the original are good enough for me.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 09:28:03 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Also ScrewAttack is the fucking scourge of the online gaming community. Seriously everyone who has anything to do with them probably is some kind of spawn of a satanic being.
Yea man this site iz better lol

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
If you don't like it you're welcome too go away at any time.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this site... whats so bad about it?
Made by SEGA

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 04:58:03 pm »
Gunstar Heroes is one of the last games I would want SEGA and Treasure updating honestly, it is fine the way it is. If they must do anything then just make another sequel... What is so hard with that? Seriously, even just revamping Gunstar Super Heroes would have been a better idea, that game had a lot of little issues.

I think Turtles Reshelled has proven that you don't always need to update the graphics to try and make the original better.

I'm stilled pissed at backbone for not bothering with the online play because the port didn't sell very well.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 05:10:32 pm »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"

I think Turtles Reshelled has proven that you don't always need to update the graphics to try and make the original better.

I'm stilled pissed at backbone for not bothering with the online play because the port didn't sell very well.

It was a lie. Backbone are just not capable of anything good, all of their XBLA releases had poor online play and cheap emulation technology.

Like I said previously though. Gunstar Heroes is fine the way it is. Games like Alien Soldier could be improved greatly by a remake.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 07:59:02 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"

Nothing's bad about it. This site is nice to me.

But is it on the level of ScrewAttack? Not really. People who badmouth ScrewAttack confuse me greatly. Maybe they're just fanboys of Handsome Tom and The Game Heroes who refuse to enjoy a nice website because of an old conflict of interests between he and Stuttering Craig. I don't know.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 08:07:50 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"

Nothing's bad about it. This site is nice to me.

But is it on the level of ScrewAttack? Not really. People who badmouth ScrewAttack confuse me greatly. Maybe they're just fanboys of Handsome Tom and The Game Heroes who refuse to enjoy a nice website because of an old conflict of interests between he and Stuttering Craig. I don't know.

I guess you could have just asked why I hated the site so much instead of just making fun of my opinion then??

There are a lot of reasons really, if you are even that interested PM asking, in the end I only ever go there to watch AVGN stuff. I think the rest of their content is poor to extremely awful. I like ScrewAttack Europe a bit though, the CWC interviews were great!

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 08:18:38 pm »
I wasn't making fun of your opinion, I was just speculating what it could be. @_@

I like their VGV's and their Top 10 lists, too. I don't *love* their Top 10's (simply because Top 10's are so overdone on the internet), but eh, it's a time killer when I really want one.

My favorite part of their site is their podcast. I listen to it when I work on 3D models, it really helps to pass the time. Other than that, yeah, a lot of their site content isn't the greatest in the world, but some of it is enjoyable. There's also a spotlight for user created content, and occasionally, great stuff gets posted there.

Oh, and their tiny, meager convention last year was a ton of fun. Even though it was a small gathering of a few hundred, I still had a blast. ^__^