Author Topic: Crazy Taxi for XBLA leaked ?  (Read 18583 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Crazy Taxi for XBLA leaked ?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 03:26:16 pm »
Quote from: "George"
How about we stop this arguing. Not to insult Shadi, but he would agree with anything Fuzzy says, since they are dating or a couple.

That is fine with me, but this arguing is not. I'm OK with people having differing opinions on Crazy Taxi.

I disagree, burn the witches!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 03:33:53 pm »
[youtube:2cveww7y]v7c187E5BxY[/youtube:2cveww7y]

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 04:52:38 pm »
I'm trying to remember, was the top license class S-Class or Crazy Class? Wasn't the Crazy Class like, $10,000 or something?

And man, I think Crazy Taxi gives me more fond memories than any other Sega game i can think of.  I remember the day I got it, I had about 6 friends over playing the game all night, and even though it was only one player at a time we didn't once get tired of it.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 04:54:44 pm »
Can't wait for the day Shadi gets his own personality and stops being the 'me too' of any guy he's got a crush on.

On that note at the time of Crazy Taxi The Offspring were just about the only American punk band I could listen too.

Can we try and be less 'my opinion is fact' all the time? It gets old very quickly.
Made by SEGA

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 05:03:50 pm »
I remember the day my friend got a Dreamcast (he'd been playing mine for months) I bought Crazy Taxi and we spent the whole day on it (except for a bit when we tried using the DC's modem to look at women on the maxim website (we were 16 alright)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 05:40:33 pm »
I think the blanket explanation for why people would buy any re-released game again is of course that not everybody kept the original version and the original system.  Granted, emulations may not be absolutely perfect, but many people find them preferable to trying to store and maintain a stable of aging consoles... the oldest ones of which sometimes require physical modification of video and audio outputs.  In the past, I was much more into keeping a physical collection of games and music, but as time has gone on and I've seen other members of my family succumb to the burden of being packrats, I have gained more and more appreciation for non-physical music and games.  

And, as already mentioned, online leaderboards are pretty addictive when several of your friends have the same game.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 05:47:46 pm »
As strange as it sounds, this was one of the first arcade games I was really into... I cannot remember exactly why I got it (might have been brainwashed by Official Dreamcast Magazine!), but dammit was it worth it! I played it all of the time, everyone I knew liked it, even the girliest of girly girls were completely in love with the game and would play hours with everyone. Crazy Taxi is a damn classic, and it is one everyone likes, at least a little bit.

The more I think about it, the more worried I am. SEGA better not fuck this one up. It is so easy to get it right, but knowing how sketchy they have been with downloadable releases... I am not sure what to think. The game needs to run perfectly at all times, it needs all of the Dreamcast extras and more, even just slightly more would not hurt. Most of all though, it needs a very good set of leaderboards that compares you to everyone who played, a separate one that compares you with your friends local and online and a bunch of leaderboards for each Crazy Box event. All of this put into a 800 point bundle with at the very least, decent achievements would be irresistible IMHO.

Quote from: "Centrale"
I think the blanket explanation for why people would buy any re-released game again is of course that not everybody kept the original version and the original system.  Granted, emulations may not be absolutely perfect, but many people find them preferable to trying to store and maintain a stable of aging consoles... the oldest ones of which sometimes require physical modification of video and audio outputs.  In the past, I was much more into keeping a physical collection of games and music, but as time has gone on and I've seen other members of my family succumb to the burden of being packrats, I have gained more and more appreciation for non-physical music and games.  

And, as already mentioned, online leaderboards are pretty addictive when several of your friends have the same game.

I think a great way to say this release is worth buying the game again would be online features and achievements.

Though, as time goes on I notice myself playing my Dreamcast less and less because almost all of it's best games are on other platforms, and sometimes they are even way better! It is sad to think that while I will continue playing my Genesis years and years from now I will just have very few reasons for plugging in my Dreamcast every other week, which has turned into every other month, which might be every other year soon...  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Quote from: "Sharky"
Can't wait for the day Shadi gets his own personality and stops being the 'me too' of any guy he's got a crush on.

Do not be too hard on him. My money is on Fluffy telling him to back him up, notice how it was one of the only posts Shadi ever had on the SEGA section, for instance!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 06:26:49 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Though, as time goes on I notice myself playing my Dreamcast less and less because almost all of it's best games are on other platforms, and sometimes they are even way better! It is sad to think that while I will continue playing my Genesis years and years from now I will just have very few reasons for plugging in my Dreamcast every other week, which has turned into every other month, which might be every other year soon...  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I haven't plugged in my Mega Drive for years now probably, but it doesn't make me sad in the slightest. I would rather play the games via emulator/compilation disc most of the time and let the Mega Drive enjoy it's 'Retirement' so to speak. Of course I'll never throw it out, but why risk any more wear and tear than needs be for old consoles? It had it's time in the sun where it would be used nearly non-stop, and it's not like the console isn't good anymore.

Besides, Shenmue hasn't been ported to anything else yet...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »
Don't forget Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi 2! Those are still Dreamcast exclusives! :D

edit: Racketboy has a great list:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dre ... es-on.html

Yeah, I believe Crazy Class was the top class, closest I came was a B, though I believe I could get an A class license if I put my mind to it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 08:46:56 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Don't forget Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi 2! Those are still Dreamcast exclusives! :D

edit: Racketboy has a great list:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dre ... es-on.html

Yeah, I believe Crazy Class was the top class, closest I came was a B, though I believe I could get an A class license if I put my mind to it.

Did you play on 'Work for X Minutes' or the free run mode? You really needed to be in Free Run (Where your time increased by passengers delivered) to get the high scores. In any event, I'm almost certainly getting the game out soon to play again and find out.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 07:29:29 pm »
C'mon guys, you know you shouldn't buy this XBLA port! True SEGA fans play Crazy Taxi in arcades!

Sure, this is a really old arcade game and SEGA no longer manufactures it, but you'll still make a psychic spiritual connection with SEGA's board of executives every time you sit down to play it, and they will smile at you, for they will know that you are playing one of their legacy games. Plus you might be able to get the high score, and that will make everyone jealous of how successful and accomplished you are at life! Needless to say, you'll be going home with anyone there you want.

Plus, if you're a truly devoted SEGA fan, and you play all of their really old games all the time, RubyEclipse will spread his angel wings and come to your bedroom one night... He'll cradle you in his arms and take off with you into the sparkling moonlight... Holding you so tight, above the clouds... and if you're really devoted, he'll end the night with a deep, full kiss. <3

And if you don't believe all that then YOUR NOT A TRUE SEGA FAN!!!!!!!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 08:09:49 pm »
^WHAT THE FUCK^
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 08:12:24 pm »
I really don't get what hes going on about. I think we broke him.

Anyway, back on topic. You know what the 360 really needs? BC support for Crazy Taxi 3! Well, that and Crazy Box mode for the CT1 release. I wonder how unreasonable it would be to hope for a CT2 release...?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 08:55:33 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
I really don't get what hes going on about. I think we broke him.

Anyway, back on topic. You know what the 360 really needs? BC support for Crazy Taxi 3! Well, that and Crazy Box mode for the CT1 release. I wonder how unreasonable it would be to hope for a CT2 release...?

If Crazy Taxi does well, then I think Crazy Taxi 2 wouldn't be far off. I don't think 2 was as good as the first one though, while the jumping was an interesting feature it kinda just made the game more complicated than needs be.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 04:25:32 am »
I liked the Crazy Jump that 2 added but the original was a solid game and really didn't need anything added to it. It will be nice to have custom soundtracks this time around. There's only so much of the Offspring I can handle in one sitting.