Author Topic: Crazy Taxi for XBLA leaked ?  (Read 18589 times)

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Crazy Taxi for XBLA leaked ?
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 12:35:42 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
C'mon guys, you know you shouldn't buy this XBLA port! True SEGA fans play Crazy Taxi in arcades!

Sure, this is a really old arcade game and SEGA no longer manufactures it, but you'll still make a psychic spiritual connection with SEGA's board of executives every time you sit down to play it, and they will smile at you, for they will know that you are playing one of their legacy games. Plus you might be able to get the high score, and that will make everyone jealous of how successful and accomplished you are at life! Needless to say, you'll be going home with anyone there you want.

Plus, if you're a truly devoted SEGA fan, and you play all of their really old games all the time, RubyEclipse will spread his angel wings and come to your bedroom one night... He'll cradle you in his arms and take off with you into the sparkling moonlight... Holding you so tight, above the clouds... and if you're really devoted, he'll end the night with a deep, full kiss. <3

And if you don't believe all that then YOUR NOT A TRUE SEGA FAN!!!!!!!

Aside from his crack at Barry pointing out how Crazy Taxi will impress absolutely nobody at your arcade, his posts infuriate me. Can we trade him for Kogen?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 07:37:08 am »
I wish.

However, since I am now a global moderator (including parts of the moon) I officially say "fluffymoochicken, stop starting flame wars and making pointless flame-bait posts. A majority of people play games for high scores and you'll just have to get used to that. Stay on topic."

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2010, 08:24:00 am »
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2010, 10:22:33 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
However, since I am now a global moderator (including parts of the moon) I officially say "fluffymoochicken, stop starting flame wars and making pointless flame-bait posts. A majority of people play games for high scores and you'll just have to get used to that. Stay on topic."
You mean flaming such as "Stop being a wortless member of these forums." and inflammatory statements like "You've been making shitty posts over the past five minutes."?

Looks like I'm not the one to blame for this argument. Whoops. What responsible moderation we have!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2010, 10:24:45 am »
^^^He was not a mod at the time he made that original post.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2010, 10:26:27 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Wow, so they picked a guy who flames users for not wanting to spend money on a Crazy Taxi arcade to be moderator. :lol: Nice choice.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2010, 10:30:09 am »
Wow, so they picked a guy who flames users for not wanting to spend money on a Crazy Taxi arcade to be moderator. :lol: Nice choice.

Half of the staff is crazy, they are needed in the journalistic business!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2010, 10:34:48 am »

Like Sanus said, those posts were not made by a mod... He was not flaming anymore then you do.

And no, we picked a guy who is a good writer has a great blog and will be benificial to Segabits... The mod place just comes with being a writer of the site and I'm pretty sure Barry will do a good job of being a mod.
Made by SEGA

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2010, 10:43:38 am »
Half of the staff is crazy, they are needed in the journalistic business!
I wanna see them go further with the podcast idea. I love listening to podcasts. ^^

Anyhow, the funny part about Barry mentioning loving to "play games for high scores" is that I've made over 30-35 times what he's ever made in Crazy Taxi. But does he think I go around bragging about that to people? Hell no, because virtually no one gives a shit about this old game except for us. In the end, none of these old video games really matter. It's not like I'm going to get a gold trophy and a triple figure career from getting over $75,000 Crazy Taxi. It's just something I did when I was a teenager with way too much free time on his hands. =P

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2010, 10:50:34 am »
I wanna see them go further with the podcast idea. I love listening to podcasts. ^^

Anyhow, the funny part about Barry mentioning loving to "play games for high scores" is that I've made over 30-35 times what he's ever made in Crazy Taxi. But does he think I go around bragging about that to people? Hell no, because virtually no one gives a shit about this old game except for us. In the end, none of these old video games really matter. It's not like I'm going to get a gold trophy and a triple figure career from getting over $75,000 Crazy Taxi. It's just something I did when I was a teenager with way too much free time on his hands. =P

I do not see what your point is. He did it because he enjoys it, and I am certain his local friends enjoyed it as well. Now, years later he can show people online his scores who like the game and they can all still compete.

Crazy Taxi does not take a long time to master, but you can spend a long time playing it because it is great fun.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2010, 10:55:10 am »
What I was saying is that Barry was talking about my playing habits without even knowing them in the first place.

Yeah, the game is fun, although now it's frustrating to revisit because I still have that meticulous nature of not accepting any bad mistakes in any run I make... but nowadays, I don't want to sit around doing run after run until it has as few flaws as possible. I just get fed up with it and turn it off. :P Fun in short bursts, but I haven't finished a run in years.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2010, 11:20:43 am »
How about we keep this chatter to PM's as it has nothing to do with the topic at hand: Crazy Taxi is coming to XBLA and possibly PSN. If you wish to debate the importance of arcade scores, make a separate topic in general gaming about it

I'm sorry you disagree with my position on the site, but it is what it is and I'd appreciate that you listen to my suggestions of staying on topic and ending the back of forth of who started what.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »
Cmon guys, let's all just get along and make some crazy money.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2010, 03:49:25 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Cmon guys, let's all just get along and make some crazy money.

That's the other thing, that dude has the best announcing/commentating voice ever.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2010, 06:47:47 pm »
All the voice acting is just great. The music is so oddly fitting as well!
SEG4GES