Author Topic: SEGA's not making some versions of Iron Man 2?  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
SEGA's not making some versions of Iron Man 2?
« on: May 05, 2010, 12:21:45 pm »
http://www.maclife.com/article/news/iro ... _app_store

Or are they still the publisher, and Gameloft is the developer?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: SEGA's not making some versions of Iron Man 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:18:42 pm »
SEGA probably has some kind of deal with Gameloft. While SEGA has their own mobile division, Gameloft has made some of their bigger releases for the mobile platforms - like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:29:10 pm »
So SEGA's name isn't on it anywhere?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 03:01:04 pm »
It should be at least in the credits as SEGA owns the license on all games related to Iron Man. For an example, in the case of something like Marvel vs Capcom 3, Capcom had to make an agreement with SEGA on Iron Man and Hulk's inclusion, probably some others.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:05:16 pm »
^Captain America, I believe Sega has the rights to him as well.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:31:32 pm »
I guess a Mac magazine blog isn't expected to go that in-depth with it.  They didn't like it that much anyway.  

But Sega doesn't develop Marvel Ultimate Alliance games either, and #2 just came out.  Those have a bunch of (now) movie characters.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:38:29 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Oooooh! ^__^ They should hand that franchise over to a Japanese developer. The graphics should be cute and colorful, and it should feature a J-Pop soundtrack!

Plus it needs lots of great lines like "FREEDOM PREVAILS!" and "THUMBS UP, SOLDIER!"

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:55:58 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
I guess a Mac magazine blog isn't expected to go that in-depth with it.  They didn't like it that much anyway.  

But Sega doesn't develop Marvel Ultimate Alliance games either, and #2 just came out.  Those have a bunch of (now) movie characters.

The marvel license works in a funny way. From what I understand, Activision has the rights to publish games using the Marvel Universe characters as a whole (like Ultimate Alliance) but games featuring individual characters are licensed out all over. Sega is the only one that can make games based soley on Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk.

With the upcoming Marvel vs Capcom 3, I'm really not sure how they've swung it, but it seems they may need to be getting permission from the various companies before including a character. Hulk and Iron Man are confirmed, but popular character Spider-Man wasn't, which fuelled some rumours that Activision won't allow them to use the character in a game, but Sega allowed their licensed characters in the game.

So yeah, it's kinda confusing, but I think it works something like that. MvC3 was probably only able to happen because of the $$$ potential. MVC2 sold over a million as DLC only, so it's obviously a big, big deal for both companies.
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Oooooh! ^__^ They should hand that franchise over to a Japanese developer. The graphics should be cute and colorful, and it should feature a J-Pop soundtrack!

Plus it needs lots of great lines like "FREEDOM PREVAILS!" and "THUMBS UP, SOLDIER!"

I disagree with everything except that last bit. Also white doves should fly out everytime he says one of them.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:17:50 pm »
Expanding more on my game idea, I think that Captain America's personality should be portrayed as a cross between Dan Hibiki and a 1940's propaganda poster... Like, he's a superhero who's pathetically weak (he can't even lift a car over his head without wanting to pass out, whereas other heroes can fling them around with ease), but he acts like he's the greatest because he has AMERICA POWER!

I know that Marvel keeps insisting on trying to present him as a "serious" character, but really, he isn't. He's a joke, and I think playing on his strengths by making him comedic rather than trying to mask them with horrendous "drama" would benefit the character greatly.

(...Okay, sorry for totally going off-topic. I should make a new thread for this. ^^''')

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:47:35 pm »
Probably not on contract with SEGA. SEGA only has contract with marvel for X franchise and X console.