Author Topic: How 1up would save SEGA.  (Read 5010 times)

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
How 1up would save SEGA.
« on: May 06, 2010, 04:37:52 am »
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3179125

All of this seems obvious to me.
In-fact the even concede that SEGA is making much more effort with their shift to downloadable games.

Oh well, thought it might be interesting to see what you guys think and see what you would do if you ran SEGA.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: How 1up would save SEGA.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 05:32:40 am »
Sheesh, they could've spared the melodramatic opening paragraph...

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 09:00:14 am »
The move to more digital distribution does seem like a pretty smart choice.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 09:09:56 am »
fuck I hate articles like this... maybe if they knew what they were talking about I would accept them.

First they complain that Sega makes games like GA:Beast Rider and then they say Sega is dying becuase Sega is turning its focus too Digital Distribution only... They seem to have missed the memo that only Sega America are doing that, the same ones that MADE games like Beast Rider.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:53:21 am »
Who cares about 1up anyway?

I've came to the conclusion that many games I like are now on the PSN.
I hate Digital Distribution. But for Sega, it's different.

Sega in the Dreamcast years was all about making bold and simple arcadey games that were creative and fun along other creative masterpieces like Shenmue.
Thing is, today that isn't viable. Sure in 2000 Crazy Taxi would last you months of enjoyment, but today if you put the exact same game in stores for 40 bucks the critical response will be devastating. "it's short, lacks content, no story mode, no career mode, same minigames, not free roaming enough" etc etc. But on PSN the game would be the shit!
So I would like for Sega to launch more great games like the ones of the DC era without much fear of sales.
They could indeed start by releasing Chu Chu Rocket.
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:51:31 am »
Says the company that could not run a magazine.

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:27:16 pm »
Quote from: "George"
Says the company that could not run a magazine.

touché

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 02:19:46 pm »
There are still 250 people employed by SoA. You guys should clarify that in responses posted to fuck head articles like these spreading the idiot line that SoA has been closed and Sega is going all digital.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 02:34:45 pm »
"Treat their fans with more respect"? How stupid could a whole website be? They clearly do not know shit about the company.

In all of my years, I only twice ever saw SEGA hand out a C&D to their fans, within that time I have seen the likes of Nintendo and Square-Enix hand them out like confetti at a parade for the dumbest shit you could imagine.

The difference were that SEGA was only handing them out to batshit insane Sonic fans that were selling Sonic dildos shaped like the characters supposed genitals and leaking extremely large information that made some investors in the company leave, you know, TSSZ.

It just boggles the mind really. I never saw another game company treat their fans with so much respect before. They work with people who even hurt their image, like Sonic Retro, heck even tons of their website staff are socially awkward furries. If anything they should treat their fans with less respect as it hurts their community and franchises images (not that it could drop down much more from where it is now).

Oh, and the rest of the article is terrible too.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 04:03:07 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
"Treat their fans with more respect"? How stupid could a whole website be? They clearly do not know shit about the company.

In all of my years, I only twice ever saw SEGA hand out a C&D to their fans, within that time I have seen the likes of Nintendo and Square-Enix hand them out like confetti at a parade for the dumbest shit you could imagine.

The difference were that SEGA was only handing them out to batshit insane Sonic fans that were selling Sonic dildos shaped like the characters supposed genitals and leaking extremely large information that made some investors in the company leave, you know, TSSZ.

It just boggles the mind really. I never saw another game company treat their fans with so much respect before. They work with people who even hurt their image, like Sonic Retro, heck even tons of their website staff are socially awkward furries. If anything they should treat their fans with less respect as it hurts their community and franchises images (not that it could drop down much more from where it is now).

Please express this as a comment on the site.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 04:36:31 pm »
SEGA is a bit too nice to their fans, not saying they give us amazing games we all ask for. But the workers are very friendly and pass request on. They do give-a-ways weekly. 1up? WTF?

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 10:24:52 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

Dildos? Damn, I didn't even know. Wow, mind has been blown.

I totally agree with this post though. SEGA is totally cool with its fans as far as respect goes. I think they're the most open of the big names when it comes to sharing information and letting fan stuff slide.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 01:41:57 pm »
I don't like the article, but 1up seemed to do a lot to hype Bayonetta and Yakuza 3 over the past year.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 09:18:47 pm »
SEGA is doomed it's the end of the world where is your Suzuki now?!?

Also echo what they said about treating the fans with respect, its respecting fans that have lead to several terrible decisions on SEGA's part for a while now. Just cannot trust some of your fanbase, you just cannot.