Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 239187 times)

Offline MykonosFan

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2016, 12:44:14 pm »
I'm curious as to why Quartz Quadrant pillars are on the Classic side, that's something you have to go out of your way to add intentionally. I doubt it's a hint but it's interesting to ponder.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:46:19 pm by MykonosFan »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2016, 01:01:57 pm »
I think the pillars are on the classic side because they most closely match the background mountains on the right.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2016, 01:27:36 pm »
Remake it is then I guess.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2016, 02:30:49 pm »
Either a remake of Sonic 1 or Generations 2.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2016, 02:46:49 pm »
Or, you know, it could just be a graphic using pre-existing elements for the social network feeds that Aaron uses.

I honestly think true graphics and art from the upcoming game will be all original materials. Not reused stuff.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2016, 03:03:41 pm »
Or, you know, it could just be a graphic using pre-existing elements for the social network feeds that Aaron uses.

I honestly think true graphics and art from the upcoming game will be all original materials. Not reused stuff.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2016, 03:47:37 pm »
I'd love a remake of Sonic 1 through Sonic and Knuckles in 2.5D
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2016, 04:09:55 pm »
I'd love a remake of Sonic 1 through Sonic and Knuckles in 2.5D

yes. please god.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2016, 06:27:03 pm »
Obviously there will be two different games, the main one will be Sonic the Hedgehog (original) remade in 3D Adventure-like setting with Modern Sonic with a new story to reboot the series. The second game will be smaller 2D game, Sonic Adventure remade in 2D pixels without hub worlds and the playable character being classic Sonic or Boom Sonic. Because iizuka said so.

/totally a real prediction

no, but really, it's just marketing material. it doesn't say anything about the upcoming game(s). The reason Boom Sonic is on the promotional material is because of Fire & Ice and the TV show. They got classic Sonic cause he is iconic and captures people's attention who lost interest in Sonic after Sonic Generations.

but really... the game is so obviously Sonic Adventure 3 ;p

j/k

but i do think it's going to be a game that feels like an Adventure game, even if it's not SA3 by name. Just a gut feeling i have. it could be anything though, it's hard to predict Sonic Team.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2016, 09:14:46 pm »
I would be happy with:
-A brand new game unrelated to anything before it. (Think Sonic Colours)
-A remake of the Classics in 2.5D
-Sonic Generations 2
-Any of the above games include a Chao Garden

Id unhappy with:
-Edgy ass stories about Shadow and redemption and DAMN chaos emeralds and Dark Gods.
-Sonic Adventure style departure from Sonic-like fast platforming... (I.e, fishing, hunting, shooting and so on)
-Sonic Generations 2 if Boom Sonic is in it.

The main requirements are get the level designs right and the way Sonic controls right... After that I'm quite easy.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:17:33 pm by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2016, 09:18:24 pm »
I would think it will a Sonic Adventure like hub world where you can run to differe parts of the map and visit Sonic Friends 'houses' and play minigames (sorta how Sonic gens did it but better). Keep the Generations type of gameplay, keep classic Sonic/Generations. Add a ton of unlockables (like Sonic Boom outfits and different designs. Can even add SANIC meme outfit, the internet will shit their pants. ) and a ton of new levels mixed with a couple of remixed old ones here and there.

Too hard?

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2016, 10:38:13 am »
My money is on it not having boost gameplay.  ST was bellyaching about the boost style being too limiting all throughout SLW's PR run which should have been around the planning/early dev stages of this new title.

Offline Tad

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2016, 11:39:22 am »
Yup, and I'm glad. Make Sonic fast by all means, but apart from the moments where it's necessary in Generations, it wasn't really that great. You end up skipping loads of things when you just held your finger on boost as much as possible.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2016, 02:37:28 pm »
I actually like the Boost in Sonic Colours and Generations... I find it quite thrilling. I felt it was a little over the top in Unleashed. I guess I like both classic and modern Sonic gameplay for their own reasons so I wont be too hard to win over whichever direction they take.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2016, 03:17:01 pm »
I actually like the Boost in Sonic Colours and Generations... I find it quite thrilling. I felt it was a little over the top in Unleashed. I guess I like both classic and modern Sonic gameplay for their own reasons so I wont be too hard to win over whichever direction they take.

Oh, I don't hate it or anything. If it's there, it's there. I'll just use it sparingly so I can explore the acts more. As mentioned above, I'm not sure it'll be in this though.